Just had the ***** turn up

bavarianbrit

I was out today doing some legitimate vermin control "pigeon and corvids" and two rozzers turned up at the end of play looking a bit intimidating as I was packing up so I walked away from the hide and kept my hands visible so keep their heartrate down they were claiming some busybody had complained about shot landing onto an almost unused roadway 300 metres away

Rubbish as I knew about the road and so I only took high shots aimed away from it and so did let a lot of low shots pass (I am not daft)..

Anyway they checked my SGC with the national register and of course all was OK then they thanked me and went on their way.

It wasted a half hour of my evening.

Ho Hum - my first encounter with them while out shooting.

Martin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out today doing some legitimate vermin control "pigeon and corvids" and two rozzers turned up at the end of play looking a bit intimidating as I was packing up so I walked away from the hide and kept my hands visible so keep their heartrate down they were claiming some busybody had complained about shot landing onto an almost unused roadway 300 metres away

Rubbish as I knew about the road and so I only took high shots aimed away from it and so did let a lot of low shots pass (I am not daft)..

Anyway they checked my SGC with the national register and of course all was OK then they thanked me and went on their way.

It wasted a half hour of my evening.

Ho Hum - my first encounter with them while out shooting.

Martin

A low shot would be totally safe - as would any other at 300 metres, using normal shot sizes.

In appropriate title, more so given that the post is about a 'non event' - nothing happened, nothing went off, no one arrested.

Pretty boring and pointless.

I'm going to post about my daily confrontation with the lolly pop lady down the road where I say "morning" and the bitch has the audacity to say "good morning back". Give 'em a uniform and they think they're Hitler eh?

Just because you didn't shoot towards the road, it doesn't mean somebody didn't complain saying you did.

So this post is really about the 'filth' doing their job, following up on a report from a concerned member of the public. It seems as though they dealt with the situation appropriately, fairly and courteously? Or am I missing something? Did they tackle you to the ground, wrestle the gun from you whilst giving you a few cheeky jabs? Did they confiscate your gun with taser drawn? Were they unreasonable at any point? No doubt they could have been fighting real crime, stopping muggers and rapists...

Edited by huffhuff

I Wonder, if you refered to them as the filth to your feo, on application for your sgc, what do you think he would,ve said about that?

If I was the FEO I think I could find good reason for refusing the application, with and attitude like that.

Will you now be editing (and altering) your title bavarianbrit? It would appear that you were out of order with the original one.

If not, maybe the mods could delete it!!

how many serving police officers are on this forum and are any of them from his forces area.

Several I should think , I wonder how many tickets he is going to get in the next few months :lol:

I am surprised they gave him a SGC considering he seems to think of himself as a bit of a" Gangsta".

I think a thread titled "Police turned up and did what they are paid to do" would have been a better description.

So Bavarianbrit , go sit on the PW naughty step for a bit and come back when you have grown up a bit :good:

Oh well,

Yes it was over the top from me as was the responses.

I have quite a few German pals who are serving police and I had expected the title to just set off the post in a jocular manner.

I had overlooked how PC and obiesant you have to be here in the UK (to know ones place and all that) I have never ever had a check by anybody on legal shooting in any other country they just undertand shooting better than the average UK nonshooter and let you get on with it.

Sorry to any one who feels slighted.

I do not know how to edit the title so if any moderator wishes to delete this thread then it is OK with me..

Martin

Edited by bavarianbrit

It's a bit late to pull the jocular card.

Your title says it all about you. It's not about being PC or obeisant, it's about being fair, accurate and showing judgement - none of which you display.

I agree. 'Hands up' would have been all that was required.