The gun you regretted selling

ditchman

Harnser posted a topic about the guns he had over the years and what he has "cut" down to now....and has got me thinking ......of all the guns ive had over the years the one gun i wished i had kept was a "combo"...double barrelled .410 with a .22 rifle tube underneath, it was a hammer gun made in the 1930's and in look was poor..little blueing left, but pristeen barrells and rifling...got it from Richardsons....used to use it in preference to my bolt action BRNO when walking up rabbits on a evening...

that was my regret ,,what was yours ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret selling my first shotgun, it was a Lanber Sporter I got when I first took up shotgunning when I was 24, I had been a keen airgunner up till then (still am). After moving up from Bedfordshire to Cheshire when I got married a couple of years later I hade the devils own job getting a permission so I sold the Lanber and stuck to plinking in my back garden with my airguns.

It was nothing special I guess, but in hindsight I should have hung onto it.

I recently brought another Lanber, to add to my collection of an AYA Yeoman12 bore, a Highlander 20 bore, and a BSA single .410.

I still have very fond memories of the Lanber, shooting clays at Broomhills and wandering round a couple of farms back in the late 80's....happy days

David

My grandfather gave me his 16 gauge sxs when I was 20 years old .

Being extremely skint one xmas a couple of years later I sold it for £40 , I never had the nerve to tell him .

When he died another 15 years or so later , I realized how much sentimental value it had , I tracked the guy down who brought it off me all those years before and luckily he still had it .

When I explained why I wanted it back he agreed to let me have it for the same £40 he had paid me !!

That gun will never leave my care again.

A Beretta 303, probably the best semi auto Beretta made and mine fitted me like a glove.

A good friend used it once shooting competition clays and fell in love with it.

At the time I had a cabinet full of guns ,was travelling abroad a lot and not shooting so much and sold it to him. :no:

Still kick my self to this day ,funny how things change two years later I'm mortgage free and a job I love ,still I will never forget it

I sold an AYA N02 12 with 28" barrels to buy a new 20 bore Beretta game gun. I wish I had kept the 12, hand detachable locks and so easy to shoot with. I also miss the 20 bore but with any heavyish load it bashed lumps out of your shoulder. Funny how you remember where you shot them, the company you were in and what you shot !

My original silver action 682 to get a new 682 gold E

Luckily it was still in the shop and swapped it back a month or so latter now no one will persuade me to let it go.

Did the same with my Browning Ultra XS

Part X'd it for a Prestige, had it 12 months, never really got on with it, then saw my Ultra XS back in the shop for sale,

Lost £500 in the deal but knew I had done the right thing as soon as I picked it up.

Other one was a Beretta 303, sold it to buy a 390 when they first came out... Big mistake

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

I really regret selling my BSA . CF11 .27O . It was the hardest hitting rifle I ever owned and was fantastically accurate . A stalker friend of mine crazed me to sell it to him and as I was changing calibre to .308 I let him have it . I should have just kept it . The self same rifle I shot 12 consecutive v bulls at 500 yards in a sporting rifle comp ,2 sighter's and 10 to count ,I converted the sighter's and fired 8 more rounds to count and won the comp . Every body on the day wanted me to shoot two more rounds to see if i could get two more v bulls ,which I did , The perfect score . I must admit I have only done it once .

The set trigger was a joy to use ,unfortunately a system not seen on many modern day rifles .

Harnser.

Edited by Harnser