Immigrants to UK good

four-wheel-drive

This has been on the news today they say that it is good for our acconamy to have these people come in and for the most part they are not on benefits or tacking our council houses also they tend to be well educated and hard workers for the most part.

I have nothing against most of them as they are only trying to have a better life than they can have in there own country due to low pay and lack of work but and it is a big but they are doing jobs that British people should be doing there are lots of people on the dole that should be made to work but also lots that would jump at the chance to have a job.

They are living in rented accommodation thus pushing the rents up for the rest then you get the buy to rent people pushing the price of buying a house up even more add to this they are having lots of baby's so we need more hospitals and schools and to cap it all we are running out of space.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has been on the news today they say that it is good for our acconamy to have these people come in and for the most part they are not on benefits or tacking our council houses also they tend to be well educated and hard workers for the most part.

I have nothing against most of them as they are only trying to have a better life than they can have in there own country due to low pay and lack of work but and it is a big but they are doing jobs that British people should be doing there are lots of people on the dole that should be made to work but also lots that would jump at the chance to have a job.

They are living in rented accommodation thus pushing the rents up for the rest then you get the buy to rent people pushing the price of buying a house up even more add to this they are having lots of baby's so we need more hospitals and schools and to cap it all we are running out of space.

There are some ( not all) immigrants who will do the jobs that some brits will not. Before I get a barrage of abuse I am not saying that all brits are lazy and all immigrants are good.

I know there are areas of the country with no jobs despite people wanting to work. I don't know how big the issue is or where it is but it's not simply a black and white case of saying that all immigrants are taking uk jobs.

This Island has always been a lifeboat for people at risk of drowning can get on board.

But , what happens when the lifeboat sinks, Because no one will bail out any more?

My closest friend who is retired helped with the census a few years ago.

When I asked him "how come you are out so late?" his reply was

"I can only catch the Polish and East Europeans, when they finish work".

The company I work for has taken on people from Europe on telephone sales

because they can speak properly ie they say "Think" , and not "Fink",

"Three", and not "Free" which is really important when your only contact with the customer is

verbally.. (Why is Diction, no longer taught in OUR schools ?) .9 grade A plus exam passes

and they can't string a sentence together,

Spandit , you hit the nail squarely on the head.

I have a twenty eight year old son, who plays on his play station, and moans about immigrants

taking jobs,rather than get off his lazy backside and compete with them.

Most of us "without Red hair" could probably trace our roots back to immigrants some where

along the line. And if you look back 70 years, you may see how many stood along side us

against Nazi tyranny. Anyone who pulls their weight , I personally don't have a problem with.!

It is a can of worms. If we could control which immigrants came into the UK - great. But we can't. So we get skilled and unskilled. Low wage earners are a serious concern, and a big drain on the economy as they tend to use more resources through benefits, and tax credits than others. One of the reasons that wages have remained low is immigration - supply and demand. Immigrants may be willing to work harder for less, and tend to be more mobile going to where the work is. The skilled immigrants do contribute - but do they offset the cost of the unskilled?

Everyone deserves a living wage - bringing more people in isn't going to help matters.

It sounds like a bit of a pyramid scheme to me. Hopefully not a pyramid made of cards.

Edited by aris

There are two sides to this as always....the surveys that have been done target EU migrants to show a net benefit to the economy however read this one....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487501/How-migrants-outside-Europe-leave-100billion-hole-public-purse-Amount-taken-benefits-services-14-higher-money-back.html

And this......

http://biasedbbc.org/blog/2013/11/05/facts-but-not-all-the-facts/

Edited by Sprackles

If immigrants are so industrious why aren't their countries more successful than ours and why do they want what we have created for ourselves over the years instead of providing it themselves in their own countries?

Simple fact is that our country is better as a result of the labours of the British people and we don't need anyone else but big business wants an over supply of cheap labour to maintain big profits by keeping wages low so that's what we end up with.

Im going to play devils advocate here...

Anyone living in or around Peterborough will be aware of the huge amounts of immigrants in that area.They often do the work British people refuse-like working on the fields picking brussel sprouts mid winter in freezing conditions.They also work in the many vegetable packing plants dotted around East Anglia. Do remember this when you're tucking into your Christmas dinner and mopping up gravy with a sprout which grew in Fenland soil.

This was discussed this am on bbc radio 4, the made the distinction between eu and non eu immigrants, at least acknowledging that non eu migrants are not 'net contributors' . I would be very interested to see some research on non eu migrants brought in through marriage. I'll bet my left ******* this would be frightening.

If immigrants are so industrious why aren't their countries more successful than ours and why do they want what we have created for ourselves over the years instead of providing it themselves in their own countries?

Simple fact is that our country is better as a result of the labours of the British people and we don't need anyone else but big business wants an over supply of cheap labour to maintain big profits by keeping wages low so that's what we end up with.

The simple fact is it is not there fault as under communist rule there countries went down hill just look at what happened with Germany they are still plowing loads of cash in to the east to bring things up to the west level everything takes time they will get there one day and perhaps we will be the ones going to live in there country it many ways places like Poland have lots going for it open spaces bigger that we can dream of in this country forest to hunt in its not looking so bad now after all.

Im going to play devils advocate here...

Anyone living in or around Peterborough will be aware of the huge amounts of immigrants in that area.They often do the work British people refuse-like working on the fields picking brussel sprouts mid winter in freezing conditions.They also work in the many vegetable packing plants dotted around East Anglia. Do remember this when you're tucking into your Christmas dinner and mopping up gravy with a sprout which grew in Fenland soil.

And where did the veg packers go to when they were responsible for killing the Warwickshire firefighters and they wanted to escape justice?