new years eve

mikky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be doing what I have done for the past 10 years, and that is letting off a big rocket in memory of my son. It started ten years ago with one rocket, but has now grown bigger into a large firework display. My parents and other family members come to our home, and we have a 'bit of a party'. Then, at the stroke of midnight, the first rocket will be fired, followed by many others. It's turned into a pyrotechnic display, that many of my neighbours look forward to seeing. I've cut back on the amount though, and this year I have approx £280 worth of 'loud' fireworks to set off (can't be doing with the pretty ones!)

Steve.

TBH I don't really go out on New Years Eve.

I'm loathe to go out in town and pay to get in somewhere and once you're in there you're stuck and can't go round for a mooch round any other bars or pubs, and I find like Christmas you get so many idiots who go out for their one big drink up of the year.

Aside from doing New Year in Sydney 6 years a go it's never been a big deal.

Been invited round my Aunt and Uncles place who only live round the corner so will be nice to see all the family, have some nice food and drink, plus they have an open fire.

iam thinking of having a trip out to kelbrook tomorrow , highmoor is on sunday

never been to kelbrook what time are you thinking of going

Quiet one in , as mrs D is 38 weeks pregnant , so it could be a busy night who knows :)

good luck with that one and wish you all the best :good:

Never understood why anybody would pay to go into a pub they frequent all year round just because it is New Year's Eve? If they are putting on food maybe but they are making more that night than most anyway.

The uvver arf wants us to see the new year in with neighbours, not too bothered personally, far rather be at home with maybe a single malt or several.

i love christmas and the whole party atmosphere but new years eve.. hate it with a passion, havent been out in years as its a **** night.. gota go early to make sure of a seat everyones so rat ***** by midnight theres trouble... nah, ill be in bed early.. with my phone switched off

Text the kids at midnight then switch the phone off and into my nice warm bed :)

My eldest isn't looking forward to it at all, he lives in Amsterdam and apparently they could only buy fireworks for the 3 days leading up to New Year and only let them off tonight within a 4 hour period so it gets really noisy!.

Down at the inlaws, not a party, just going round. Not bothered myself, at this point I just want to get the new year started. New day, new year and a huge sense of optimism! Plus I wont have a drink until may at the earliest so i'll be in tip top condition and feeling good.

Have a good night folks

Happy NY

Quiet night is the sensible thing to do! Now all we have is a town full of tanked up revelers, who use new year as an excuse to drink until they drop! Then out come the troglodytes, plenty of cave man action and bar brawls. Hardly a celebration, and how.can you be happy spending new year day either in A+E or a cell :no:

The great human race at it's finest :rolleyes:

Not for Me thanks :no: :no: :no: