Blackthorn - Beware but the NHS is more deadly

bruno22rf

Cut a long story short ,about 2 weeks ago I had a Thorn pierce my boot whilst out walking the dogs. Didn't worry too much about it till last Thursday my foot became infected and too swollen to get any footwear on. Local GP receptionist was not interested as its "only a swollen foot" so, as the pain became unbearable, I took myself off to MK hospital A&E last Friday. After waiting 5 hours I was seen by a Doctor where it became obvious that we were experiencing a slight language barrier. The resulting treatment left both the doctor and myself covered in blood as he tried to place a Cannula in my hand using a waste bin as an improvised treatment table-when this was done I was sent home with antibiotics and a wave.

By this Tuesday I was so ill that I could not walk or eat/drink and the Mrs called out my GP.

The idiot of a Doctor had prescribed a drug not used for my kind of infection but also known to create Toxic levels of chemicals when mixed with one of my daily Tablets and my Consultant informed me yesterday that I would have suffered Kidney damage which is not good news because I have a Transplanted Kidney.-Cheers Doc :good:

This is something that really annoys me we send loads of young people to university to take degrees in all kinds of useless subjects and charge them a fortune for the privilege of doing it and when they finish they cannot get a job at the same time we need lots of doctors and nurses.

So what do we do advertise all over the world and bring in people who do not speak our language my solution would be to offer uk students free education in subject that we need people and have jobs for but say that when they finish training they must work in the NHS for say 10 years that way we all win.

He's probably a mis-directed cabbage picker that got on the wrong minibus :whistling:

Either that or he "procured" his qualifications . Or the qualifications in his home country are way off our standards ?

Meanwhile, in the news;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2824862/Son-ordered-pay-thousands-locum-GP-killed-father-drugs-overdose-sued-called-animal.html

So what do we do advertise all over the world and bring in people who do not speak our language my solution would be to offer uk students free education in subject that we need people and have jobs for but say that when they finish training they must work in the NHS for say 10 years that way we all win.

They did that with Dentists in Scotland, Students got free education and a bursary they do not have to pay back if they do 90% NHS dentistry for the first 5 years after they graduate. It has gone from being impossible to find an NHS dentist and if you did having to wait two months for an appointment to being able to not only easily get an NHS dentist but last time I phoned for an appointment I could have one within a week.

I think now they have filled the gap this has finished.

This is something that really annoys me we send loads of young people to university to take degrees in all kinds of useless subjects and charge them a fortune for the privilege of doing it and when they finish they cannot get a job at the same time we need lots of doctors and nurses.

The problem is not which doctor you are treated by, it is now which witch doctor! :/

perhaps if the docs we train up, provide educational opportunists for and then jobs in hospitals did not clear off sharp for richer pickings overseas we would not have to bring in a lower standard model,perhaps once certificated our docs who have been trained via the NHS should sign a minimum term contract rather than being allowed to scarper sharpish

Just saying like.

KW

Best post I have seen for ages on here.

My mate went for a hernia op and I saw him just before they took him away to operate and they'd drawn a black cross on the wrong side of his stomach.

If you went there and said you didnt want so-and-so doctor beacuse he didnt speak the lingo, you'd be accused of being racist. I call it self-preservation.

Edited by walshie

I was diagnosed with an "upper extremity DVT". effects one in 100k people who suffer a DVT. Doc at A and E had to refer to docs in the USA who have just written papers on it. He told me my urgent scan would be arranged via phone the next day. being somewhat blasé about my mortality I left it a week and called ambulatory care. The response was comical. upshot was I should have been kept in and scanned urgently. pulmonary embolism on its way thanks to poor grasp of the English language

Quick update-had a call at 7 ish this evening from my Renal Consultant (that's a first) and blood results from yesterday show Imuno Suprressants drug Tacrolimus at just over 4 times normal level and Creatinine (basically waste products from your Kidney) levels are up from 110 to 250-this is 48 hours after stopping the erroneous drug.. I have to go back early next week to ensure that these levels are falling but that will be a laugh cos I can barely walk since this affair kicked off and cannot eat anything due to feeling so ill. Thanks to all well wishers-it means a lot :good:

NHS, National Insurace....... Don't get me started!!!!!

I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope all PW members take notice of this and look at other medical options, It's sad hard working men of this country get treated this way by part time foreigners!