Is Christmas a happy or sad time for you

retromlc

Christmas cheer?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. how you feel

• happy
    • sad

Looking forward to spending Christmas day with my Daughter and Grandchildren, but sad that her partner bailed out on her.

Good day today as went clay shooting at Mickley Hall with OH and then had a trot round our nearby permission and dropped a bottle off with Farmer. Came home with a pigeon and left a jackdaw for the fox in the wood.

Sad that I remember it was this night last year on Christmas Eve that we went to see my Dad in hospital with Logan his red setter and got him down to the hospital lobby to see him, last time he saw Logan as he passed away in January.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to spending Christmas day with my Daughter and Grandchildren, but sad that her partner bailed out on her.

Good day today as went clay shooting at Mickley Hall with OH and then had a trot round our nearby permission and dropped a bottle off with Farmer. Came home with a pigeon and left a jackdaw for the fox in the wood.

Sad that I remember it was this night last year on Christmas Eve that we went to see my Dad in hospital with Logan his red setter and got him down to the hospital lobby to see him, last time he saw Logan as he passed away in January.

Taking the dog to the hospital was a really nice thing to do, and I bet it meant the world to your dad.

So sorry to hear a lot of folk are having a rough time of it this Christmas. Saying a prayer for them that need one.

Sad times with the memories of loved ones who have been taken away to early.

But I find some joy when handing the nephews presents and seeing there faces light up at the smallest of gifts.

I have lost a few relatives and good friends who were far too young, I feel for the families of others and closer friends.

My aim around Christmas is to help out atleast one person in a big way, seeing one persons day made that little better makes my day better.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have suffered a great loss over this past year and all the years before...a glass is always raised over the turkey in my household every Christmas... A small toast to all who have passed, known or not.

Merry Christmas to all. I hope you can all find atleast one small thing to smile about for even a second of the day.

Always remember the good times!

Edited by AberFowl

Sorry to hear.

We we're in the same position.

Mrs miscarried 4 months later she was pregnant again and every thing went very well.

It doesn't take away the miss carriage but don't give up.

What's ment to be is ment to be.

All the best

This Xmas was the first Xmas I'd been really excited about for years. My girlfriend and I found out that she was pregnant a couple of months back, 12 week scan was due on the 22nd dec and we were planning on telling our parents that they are to be grandparents on Xmas day. Unfortunately though we had a miscarriage last week, so have gone from extreme excitement to being pretty low and gutted. So not a happy time this year, but next year will be better!

as for me, 2 years ago my son,Max lost his 3 year fight with bone cancer on the 29/12,that's what the numbers on my signiture are,years,days,hours and minutes,i was the first and last to hold him,nursed him at the house,all I think about to be honest,2 years previous to the day my wife lost her mum,at the same house,buried on the same day in Janurary.have a beautiful daughter,I focus on her,gets me through

This Xmas was the first Xmas I'd been really excited about for years. My girlfriend and I found out that she was pregnant a couple of months back, 12 week scan was due on the 22nd dec and we were planning on telling our parents that they are to be grandparents on Xmas day. Unfortunately though we had a miscarriage last week, so have gone from extreme excitement to being pretty low and gutted. So not a happy time this year, but next year will be better!

Sorry to hear that fella. Hope you have better luck in the future.

as for me, 2 years ago my son,Max lost his 3 year fight with bone cancer on the 29/12,that's what the numbers on my signiture are,years,days,hours and minutes,i was the first and last to hold him,nursed him at the house,all I think about to be honest,2 years previous to the day my wife lost her mum,at the same house,buried on the same day in Janurary.have a beautiful daughter,I focus on her,gets me through

That is terrible, I don't know how you cope because I don't how is cope if I lost my wee man.

Some really tragic stories on here, you have my condolences. It is easy for those of us lucky enough to have nothing more to worry about than the turkey being done right to forget that others find it a very hard time. I'm one of the lucky ones, but I'll raise a glass to the chaps with a burden to bear tomorrow.

I will, nonetheless, wish all a Happy Christmas, in the sincere hope that everyone finds something to bring comfort or happiness tomorrow.

I know something of how you feel mate my daughter died at 3yrs old and I still think of her every day, we have had 3 more beautiful children since and like you say they are your focus, good luck to you and your family and all the best for the future, IG

Some really tragic stories on here, you have my condolences. It is easy for those of us lucky enough to have nothing more to worry about than the turkey being done right to forget that others find it a very hard time. I'm one of the lucky ones, but I'll raise a glass to the chaps with a burden to bear tomorrow.

I will, nonetheless, wish all a Happy Christmas, in the sincere hope that everyone finds something to bring comfort or happiness tomorrow.

Very well put Zapp .

sad. anniversary of my mum's death and first Christmas ill wake up alone after wife dumped me for another bloke earlier this year. pales into insignificance next to Ollies loss mind

It still must be a hard time for you though. I don't know what i would do if i lost my partner. Hopefully you have plenty of support with family and friends.

This years Christmas was a sad one for me as my grandfather passed away yesterday at 3:45pm aged 88. He was a WW2 and Normandy veteran...a true genuine real life hero.

I was so fortunate to go back with him to France for a week for the D-Day anniversary and celebrations earlier this year.

I'm going to miss him so much.

Was looking forward to it, even though my kids would be with their mum.

Got a call from my brother in Edinburgh to say Mum was poorly again on Christmas eve.

On the way home from work my power steering pipe broke, which made seeing them on Christmas day problematic.

Called the kids to have them look up to see Santa's sleigh going overhead - and felt a pang thinking of Mum.

Got a call again from Brother at 8:15pm.

We lost Mum.

Struggling to keep it fun for the kids (8 and 9). I'll tel them later, in the next week.

Christmas will never be the same.

Enjoy it while you can folks!

Was looking forward to it, even though my kids would be with their mum.

Got a call from my brother in Edinburgh to say Mum was poorly again on Christmas eve.

On the way home from work my power steering pipe broke, which made seeing them on Christmas day problematic.

Called the kids to have them look up to see Santa's sleigh going overhead - and felt a pang thinking of Mum.

Got a call again from Brother at 8:15pm.

We lost Mum.

Struggling to keep it fun for the kids (8 and 9). I'll tel them later, in the next week.

Christmas will never be the same.

Enjoy it while you can folks!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.

Its a bit of both for me. Having 2 young kids cheers you up a bit. Ollie am really sorry for your news. Give your baby an extra special hug.

Cheers fella. My sisters other child (who has cancer) has been keeping them going so they have tried their best to keep Xmas fun for him.

They have to fly back to London on Monday to register the birth of Peggy & then take her home. We will then have a wake & bury her in the new year.

Hope everyone had a good christmas & bring on 2015!!!

Charles Dickens was very clever when he evoked The Ghost of Christmas past. Its a very powerful concept as you get older. You never forget the Christmases that have gone and every year there are more ghosts to dance round your memory, even the ghost of yourself as a younger person can hurt.

You get a bit reflective, its only natural..

Edited by Vince Green