Pet hates

bigbird

What are yours?

Mine are apostrophes in the wrong place (although my phone keeps putting them in and I often don't notice until ages after!)

Valley Arms have a notice up behind the counter with one in the wrong place - seriously, a professional signwriter making this mistake? Grrrr

Oh, and people saying for example, 'my dog's hypo' YOU MEAN HYPER AS IN HYPERACTIVE - if it were 'hypo it'd be underactive!!! ARGGHHH!!!!

Also the one I've put on the dog section lol.

Add to that 'text speak' on forums....

Knock yourselves out....... :)

Edited by bigbird

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor lane discipline at roundabouts and on motorways.

Text speak on forums I dot mind so much, especially as I now only check in on my phone. But I do hate it that the next generation struggle to learn correct spellings due to it.

I also hate americanisation, and refuse to remove the 'h' when I spell yoghurt!

Impoliteness. My Grandfather had a saying 'manners maketh man'. He lived by it and I have tried to.

People without manners.... You know the type, mainly ladies that don't say thank you for holding the door open for them or don't wave to say thanks for letting them out of a junction........

Manners don't cost a penny.....

Tedly.

Me too, I agree and will say "THANK YOU, YOURE WELCOME" rather loudly, 9 times out of ten I get a thanks, after stepping aside and holding a door open for someone,

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

My wife when she says to me every time a car goes past the house" who's that " but it's night time the curtains are drawn and I'm sitting in my chair below windowsill height.Oh and the ****** knife she always leaves in the fridge on top of the butter that every morning drops out onto my bare foot.

On PW it's bad punctuation with no commas or fullstops and those who use of in a sentence when they mean have such as should of gone to work today but decided to go shooting instead and in life in general well where do I start cos Im 56 this year and growing grumpier by the minute :)