Well that didn't last long!

TIGHTCHOKE

After a very welcome drop in Diesel and Petrol prices at the pumps. :yes:

It's all starting to rise again, even though the price of crude oil is still $51 dollars a barrel. :no:

I guess it's just profiteering by the oil companies! :sad1:

WTI-Oil-Drops-Near-51-dollars-a-barrel.j

Both Diesel and petrol prices have bottomed out and started to rise in Peterborough and Stamford!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Instant rises here too.........it would help though if the Government reduced the duty and vat, which accounts for more than the fuel cost.

And of course you have to earn the money, and pay tax on it to go and buy a liter of fuel.

So.....

Tax on income (income tax an NI), fuel duty tax and vat on it all. What you have to earn gross to buy a litre of fuel is much higher than the pump price.

Still someone has to pay for all of the 'gifts' that the Government feels we need to give away.

I still think it was a big con when they shifted petrol from gallons to litres. There was no justification to do so beyond dogma. a penny on a litre is 5p on a gallon more or less. How come it never goes up by half a penny a litre? Its too easy for them to alter the price now, One garage near us the price always goes up the minute Sainsburys closes up the road.

We still buy beer in pints and lots of things like timber are only inch sizes metricated. Why not petrol?

Cheepest diesel was £1.09 2 weeks ago. Slowly started to creep up again now. The biggest shock was the price of central heating oil, that bottomed out around 34p/L when we had the last lot of snow last month. The oil company wouldn't deliver because of the snow and said to ring back in a week or two and you guessed it, after the snow melted it cost me £70 extra to fill my oil tank :(