Light at the end of the Tunnel

bakerboy

The week before Christmas my wife of 44 years was told she had a Cancer.

The weeks following have been a real **** and a dark and lonely place for me, despite trying to be as strong and positive as my wife I found it really difficult.

It was, as has been said before "The Elephant in the room" we spoke openly about the Cancer which did make it easier to deal with, but the times on your own were horrible.

Through all of this my wife stayed really strong, constantly telling me to man up, I do not know how she had/found the inner strength.

Lesley still insisted that we had the neighbours in, 3 days after being given the news, (30 plus people) for the Christmas drinks party we have held for over 30 years.

Today Lesley has had one of her Kidneys removed plus of course the lump, we now have a little time to wait to find out and hopefully receive the all clear.

But things are moving in the right direction.

I have had superb support from many PW people Philr, AlistairB, cosd little.bob to name but a few.

Thank you

Edited by bakerboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrid thing is the big C, I was living with a girlfriend who was diagnosed! Shocked the hell out of me! Having to watch a once strong willed Woman go through it all and the treatment, then getting an all clear! We thought we had it beat. Then a year later it had returned! It destroyed us both! More tests and operations to remove the tumor were needed! Then an all clear! I acted like a selfish **** and coupdn't deal with it. We fell apart. Stayed in touch though and remained friends.

Recently " last year" She had to under go a huge op "touch and go" and had loads of her neck and chest removed :no: She is still having ongoing treatment. Even though she is an Ex I still cry. She made my life an amazing one and I owe her so much. It just stinks that some little rouge gene can cause such upset. I look forward to the day tyat cancer is erradicated once and for all. My Dads mum and sister both died of it too.

I hope you and your good lady get through that tunnel and into a really warm light at the end, and have a long and happy life together!

ATVB