myHermes....

leeds chimp

Used the above through Parcel2go.....never again...the package has been out for delivery since Monday at 3.32am and not been updated since...P2G are no help at all with their "live chat" and now I have to make a claim to get the money back...lucky I had most of it insured but still not happy

DONT USE

Used then loads of times and found them excellent. Open an account with my Hermes on line its easy to do and if you have an issue you can speak to someone who is helpful. The prices are exactly the same as when using the Parcels2Go website and in addition you get a higher rate of compensation as standard.

LS&B

well sent two parcels with them over the last two weeks and both have gone missing..... :no: :no:

Hermes used to be parcelnet employing the unemployable for pennies. The company is sound, but the drivers aren't.

Thats correct about the drivers, they aren't even employed just housewives and people earning a bit of cash on the side but I have to say the system has worked well for me in the past

Also had no problem with Hermes. Sort it out on line, take the parcel to the local garage and it gets delivered. No problem either with incoming parcels......but there has always been someone here to receive them.....

had a bit of trouble with them but nothing I can't cope with. At the moment there's a butchery apron for one customer and a drag bag for another floating around somewhere :unhappy:

Worst case scenario is I have to remake and resend, on the other hand, the shipping is cheap with them.

Bought a rifle stock off a member here this week,(ant mass good seller by the way :good: ) he posted it yesterday,(oxfordshire judging by the postcode) it was in my hands via Hermes 9am this morning old chap in a Picasso delivered it all in A1 order to me.

KW

Edited by kdubya

To be fair ParcelFarce aren't any better, ordered an A1 size poster print for my friends granddaughter, didn't turn up when expected. Two days later a spotty face kid turns up at the door with a 2 foot long cardboard tube "I think this is yours, came to ours on Saturday" clearly marked with the correct address and they still delivered it to the wrong house number in the wrong street!.

Sent my FAC 1st class recorded to Durham Firearms Dept, got there 5 days later but according to track & trace it's never been delivered :no:

Edited by phaedra1106

The problems with long logistics lines - only as strong as the weakest link in the chain.

Luckily the Hermes driver where I live is brilliant...other folk have less than capable drivers in their area, so experience a different level of service from the same firm.

Aside from Parcel2Go & Yodel, I've yet to have anyone get as near as the bordering on illegal service from Royal Mail plc. Items that were tracked & went missing, yet show as signed for. items lost, items seized for no reason - then lost; complete muppets. In one of the above an expensive item showed as delivered...to a postcode with ONE DIGIT different to mine...and signed for by "M Leather" (my trading name is Moore Leather! I don't sign with my business name...but RM says it shows as signed for so I must have it. Wrong signature & 5 miles difference in postcode are of little interest)

Will continue to use Hermes in preference to the RMplc thieves in any & all cases I can do so....

Been buying a pile of stuff off ebay was supposed to be posted royal mail first class but was sent by hermes to ten days to arrive which was fine as it was free postage but trying to trace it was a nightmare it arrived before there courier had recieved it , but the rest came no problem at all