Best bait for rat trap

ditchman

Just washed the kennells down and see a damn great rat come out of the wash down hole.............

QUESTION

.......Whats the best bait to put on a rat trap...apart from your finger when the damn thing goes off as you are loading it......i have used apple before....

............what do you use ?

cheers

Whatever you're feeding the dog ?

Dog food is kept in a sealed bin in the house...................i think what they are after judging by the place it scurried from ...is what comes out of the dog........

call me squeamish if you may....but i may be from Norfolk but i aint going to mess about attatching that to the trap !!!

Dog food is kept in a sealed bin in the house...................i think what they are after judging by the place it scurried from ...is what comes out of the dog........

call me squeamish if you may....but i may be from Norfolk but i aint going to mess about attatching that to the trap !!!

If it eats dog #### leave it alone its offspring could be the answer to the problem of all those kind people who leave little bags of it laying around

Ive been a proffesional pest controller for 13years and i allways use Snickers bar, put some on the trap n eat the rest yourself!

Just started doing pest control professionally...... My mentors suggest peanut butter.

The OP states it came from a drain.

Prevention is better than a cure, get a drain cover fitted.......

Nutella is great I use it round the allotment,mix a little olive oil in it if using as a bait trail,I've even had 1 rat lick it of the face of a rat I just shot.

Nutella (or rather the Poundshop equivalent) works in my trap too

Also positioning is important, against a wall as they run along walls, and covered so non target species can't enter, also it will take a while for them to get used to it and may take a bit before a rat falls into the trap.

And please get a cover on the drain hole as if it leads to the drains/sewer more will just follow up!