Cheapest place for Hunters??

oh_chunky_one

Hi lads and ladies, I'm after a pair of Hunter Balmoral 5mm neoprene wellies. Just wondered if anybody had come across any offers or deals online or in magazines? I do suffer from cold feet, and as the wild fowling season is just starting now is the ideal time to buy a pair. Any other brands or suggestions on keeping me feet warm are most welcome. Thanks!

Hunters are total carp now. Bought a pair last year as my old ones gave up. Last pair were made in Scotland and I got them from the factory shop in Dumfries. New ones are pathetic in comparison. I've recently bought some cheapish seeland boots. So far so good, comfy and no leaks or splits.

Aigle, Aigle, Aigle, just bought a new pair of Aigle Parcours yesterday (£120) the neoprene lined ones. My last pair lasted 4 years and the only reason they started leaking was my own fault. I wear them 6 days a week, 10 month of the year, and have tried dearer and cheaper brands, but always buy Aigle now :good:

DONT, they are now made in a far off land using cheap glues,my local stockist sold all his stock Balmorals full zip where £75 he said he would never stock them again.Apparently 80% he sold came back with in a few months.I don't know what it is with these big brand ( probably greed) I bought a pair of Musto's they parted from the sole within 7 weeks.

Edited by Davyo

I have had three pairs of Hunters in three years and only paid for the first pair , the other two pairs were replacements as neither of the pairs lasted more than nine months before the sole started coming away from the boot . On the plus side they are comfortable to walk about in and before they leak they do keep your feet warm , but with them being around £115.00 a pair I find them poor value for the money .

Also I would like to thank Uttings of Norwich for the way they dealt with the problem with the boots , they changed them with no fuss and offered to send them f o c to my house , excellent service and good people to deal with .

• 3 weeks later...

First night at the duck last night and had my new full zip Hunter Balmorals on, walked 400 yards then crossed over some shallow water (about 6" deep) within about 10 yards I felt my right foot getting wet, by the time I reached the other side of the river my other foot was soaking too, this is probably the wettest my feet have been in a long time, so much so I had to wring my socks out when I took the boots off.

The water came through the seam at the back of the right boot and the zip on the left. I returned them this morning and the shop exchanged them without question, luckily they didn't have any replacements in my size so went for the Aigle, fingers crossed these will last longer than 15 minutes!!