Lorry driver snaps

ferguson_tom

Having just seen the footage on the TV I will reserve judgement and hope the results of a Police investigation are published.

Whatever happened the lorry driver was in the wrong to intimidate him and contact the car.

Rather disappointing the 3 Police forces failed to respond to six 999 calls.

Did he contact the car, I have my doubts to be honest.

That's strange, I thought it was the road raging lorry driver who lost, his job, the car driver has come out smelling of roses. Bet that muppet isn't so hard without a truck to hide in.

True, but according to the car driver he came out smelling of something much worse :lol: Full valet needed maybe :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know what dash cam company he runs ?

Only so I can make sure I Don't inadvertently support him by buying one from his business !!!!

Looking at how light the marks are in the photo of his car and how little impact is evident in the footage I think it quite believable that the lorry driver may not know for certain that he had made contact.

The car drivers in the centre lane, driving slow with hazards on, trying to cause a confrontation or reaction.

Lorry driver was a fool to take the bait and should be looked at with a view to prosecution, but then so should Mr (Former Special Constable) car driver - both should know better.

Yep, totally. Ricks like this guy boil my urine and it's a shame the truck didn't crush him.

Picture the situation. The truck was harassing him? So he's in the middle lane of the motorway, doing a lower speed than an artic can muster up, with nobody in front of him. The video shows the truck in the third lane which I believe is illegal, but how hard was the trucker pressed before he took that decision. He makes the poor call to go into the third lane to then (assumption here) be held out there by the car driver who probably decided to match his speed just to annoy him? The truck then fish tails his trailer to give him a warning and clips his car.

If at any point in this situation the car driver felt threatened he had his right foot at his disposal. He could so easily have pulled away from the truck and got himself to safety without even breaking the speed limit. But no, he was an *** pure and simple. That point is proven by the fact that 14 minutes later, he was still within reach of the angry trucker. If he was so scared by the whole incident, why didn't he remove himself? He had plenty of opportunity to do so.

My conclusion - Don't play games with the big boys, you will get hurt...

I bet you're glad you got that off your chest!

I presume you hold either a Firearms Licence or a Shotgun Certificate!

Hmm, so he knew traffic behind had backed off but still insisted on hogging the overtaking lane. He was well past the truck on the inside lane before all this started, all he had to do was act in a responsible manner and pull in when he's overtaken.

Wish I'd been behind him with a dash cam, perhaps "police witness" would have been interested in that video of him breaking the law and deliberately provoking road rage ? Wonder if they'd have been so eager to pass that on to the relevant authorities ? :whistling:

Lots of replies to this one already.

Without reading them all does anyone smell a rat?

Car driver (plastic copper) owns a dash cam company and is in a newsworthy vehicular incident where the dash cam is the biggest part of the story?!?!?!?

Don't get me wrong, lorry driver (or possibly both of them) have done something very dangerous and stupid but the camera, the wanna be cop and the "neck and back pain" all seem a bit of a set up.

Edd

Lots of replies to this one already.

Without reading them all does anyone smell a rat?

Car driver (plastic copper) owns a dash cam company and is in a newsworthy vehicular incident where the dash cam is the biggest part of the story?!?!?!?

Don't get me wrong, lorry driver (or possibly both of them) have done something very dangerous and stupid but the camera, the wanna be cop and the "neck and back pain" all seem a bit of a set up.

Edd

It could just be the car driver though, we only saw one bit of the footage (carefully selected no doubt) and how do we know that the car's speed was constant, ie he could have accelerated as the truck (admittedly illegally) overtook!

After spending what probably Amounts to a sizeable portion of my life stuck behind morons in HGV's in the middle lane bacause they are doing a teenth of a mph more than the other Lorry so spend 20 mins hogging the middle lane (they would call it overtaking) whilst causing huge tailbacks I hope they do throw the book at the idiot concerned, absolutley no sympathy whatsoever for him, but I agree they should also prosecute the other muppet as well

suggest you moan about the morons who put speed limiters on the LGVs then. See middle lane hoggers all day long, the standard of driving of all types of vehicles is woefully inadequate IMO. Botht should be prosecuted without a doubt and that specials actions are despicable

ive watched the video footage several times ,and , in my honest opinion as a professional driver , they both behaved like ******** !.

motorways can be very dangerous places at the best of times even without behaving like fools , it could have ended up with either one of them on the mortuary slab , or worse still , some poor innocent driver that was driving perfectly sensibly.

as it stands , theyll waste hours or even days , filling in forms and getting wound up over the whole stupid affair , and all of us will be paying a little bit more for our car insurance.

I bet you're glad you got that off your chest!

I presume you hold either a Firearms Licence or a Shotgun Certificate!

Both. Is that an issue?

I didn't say that I was going to shoot the first person who annoys me today, or anyone for that matter. I didn't even say that the driver of the car should be shot, although some days I do wish it was legal to do so. All I said is that if he did get flattened by the truck then it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Calm down fella, I'm not about to go on the rampage just because I find some bloke on the internet irritating. Everything will be ok!friends.gif.pagespeed.ce.52OGGQTjof.gif

Bit of a silly question but would a wagon driver have enough control over his rig doing 56/60mph to intentionally just glance a motor?

At thoose speeds it wouldnae take an awful lot to have been something very major and flattening the car. U see wagons have a wee swerve every now and again all the time

No matter how raging u were doubt u'd try to delibertily hit the car?? Or mibee u would?

I'd say that any trucker who knows his rig could give the back end a little flick like that. I could easily do it with a trailer so can't see a truck being any different. It's like a whip - when you flick the front end the tail follows with an exaggerated motion.

Would I do that deliberately? I can't think of a situation where I would. Unless you felt your life was in danger for some reason you wouldn't react physically. If you really did think that there was that level of threat from the car driver then you'd do the job properly, not just nudge him.

Edited by njc110381

I'd say that any trucker who knows his rig could give the back end a little flick like that. I could easily do it with a trailer so can't see a truck being any different. It's like a whip - when you flick the front end the tail follows with an exaggerated motion.

Would I do that deliberately? I can't think of a situation where I would. Unless you felt your life was in danger for some reason you wouldn't react physically. If you really did think that there was that level of threat from the car driver then you'd do the job properly, not just nudge him.

But to the extent that he is only going to touch the car and no more?? 1" is a light touch 2-3" is a major collision at those speeds, and ur relying on the car not swerving towards u at the same time.

Do u think he meant it intentionally or only to give the driver a wee fright and not actually touch?

It could just be the car driver though, we only saw one bit of the footage (carefully selected no doubt) and how do we know that the car's speed was constant, ie he could have accelerated as the truck (admittedly illegally) overtook!

Yeah I agree. It could easily be one or both of them. Just very convenient what the car driver does for a job and the publicity that it's getting. Not to mention the impending whiplash claim.

Edd