Sold but regretted

impala59

Reading a few threads, it seems that many of us, once we sell a gun, we then instantly regret it. Thought I would list mine; Ithaca 12g DSPS wood and synth pistol grip stocks, Remington 12g 1100, fully tricked for PSG, Ruger M77 .223 heavy barrel, stainless, Ruger 10/22 Blue, synthetic, Heavy barrel, Nikon scope (couldn't miss with that one) Winchester Mod 23 pigeon grade 1/4, 1/4 24" barrels, Marlin 38/357 lever action carbine and that does not include the ones Big Brother took in knee-jerk political sweeps. Lesson learned I Hope!

I had a browning, I think it was called a twelvette, auto, I learnt to shoot with it as a lad and when my father handed all his guns to me he suggested I scrap that one. It had two barrels, open for skeet and 3/4 for anything else. As it wasn't worth much it became my first choice pigeon gun with the 3/4 choke and I shot so well with it, it fitted like a glove and was very light with a funny double shuffle recoil due to the spring. I advertised it on guntrader and a bloke came along way to part with £160, his gain my loss.

Have bought and sold many 101's over the years, but the only one I regretted selling I bought back last year. Funnily enough, the bloke I sold it to and then bought it back from, was using it on our last walked up day. He never missed a thing all day! Whoops!

The only other I've really regretted selling was a Winchester Model 12 'Goose Gun', complete with original wood and canvas motor case.

All my pistols...before the ban....they were collector quality.......i loved reading about them and the history...then tracking that model down and using it....and comparing what i read about them to what they were really like............the one that was special was a PO8.......complete... mint....with all matching numbers and holster and stripping tool and spare mag.....the chequer work on the grips were totally undamaged and blueing was 100%......it printed very well....an engineers dream......proberly ended up been crushed...along with my "broomhandle mauser"......im still gutted when i think about them...and the other stuff i had......not bothered about the SW586....but the history that went in the smelter..... :/

All my pistols...before the ban....they were collector quality.......i loved reading about them and the history...then tracking that model down and using it....and comparing what i read about them to what they were really like............the one that was special was a PO8.......complete... mint....with all matching numbers and holster and stripping tool and spare mag.....the chequer work on the grips were totally undamaged and blueing was 100%......it printed very well....an engineers dream......proberly ended up been crushed...along with my "broomhandle mauser"......im still gutted when i think about them...and the other stuff i had......not bothered about the SW586....but the history that went in the smelter..... :/

I share your pain. :unhappy:

Browning Ultra XS.......sold it to upgrade to a Browning Prestige...... :no: ....big mistake.........Bought it back 12 months later :good:

Baikal (yes I know).....knocked the hell out of me until I finally got it sorted, could shoot all day with it after that.....Had to go because it was a double trigger and I was getting into clay shooting.

Beretta 303......Couldn't miss with it but sold it to upgrade to a new Beretta 390, couldn't hit a barn door with that so sold it to get the above XS.

I have had loads of other guns since but those are the only 3 I regret selling

:shaun: