Roy Hodgson - England Football Team Merged Threads

felly100

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair, the opposition was tough, a lot of their players are free, they eat a really healthy diet and training on a trawler 6 months of the year keeps them at peak fitness.

To be fair i thought it showed too, very fit and keen, well done to them!

Edited by old man

Terrible team selection, trying to crowbar certain players in that shouldn't have because Roy is "loyal" to players that have played well for him in the past...crazy to me, you play the best players not ones that played well for you 2 years ago!

To be fair tho i did laugh, same old England.

Roy's on £4 mil a year and Icelands manager is a part time dentist lol

A very sad day for English football. If you take stock of the performance we had forwards who didn't know how to go forward (apart from 5 minutes when the put a schoolboy off the parks pitches on!), defenders who didn't mark their man or defend well , a goalkeeper who is actually totally useless, how he's kept his place I will never know? topped off by an inept midfield and ball carrying service . Has Wilshire ever been fit or played ninety minutes?

Time to let the London Club scene (nightclubs) and Alderley Edge Cheshire know that we are tired of ineptitude.

Lads' this didnt go to Script at all..!!I was hoping England would equalise. Then go to extra time and penalties.

And then of Course an England player smashing the ball over the Bar to lose..Is that not the way it should have went.?

Sorry fella's couldnt resist that one.

Fair dues to Iceland..Gotta love an Underdog Victory.

He took players that are/were in their best form before the tournament.

He took Wilshire who hadn't played for 90 minutes all season so wasn't match fit,

Carrol gives you another option of a target in the box, that of course only works if people could actually cross into the box,

Twice last night at critical times the ball was crossed in and missed everyone and went out for a goal kick,

These are supposed to be the best we have?

Their first goal was just poor defending, so was the second.....

Stirling apart from the penalty dive did nothing AGAIN

Alana was very good in the group games but couldn't get a start last night??

As Ian Wright said last night, nobody knew what system they were playing, that's down to the manager......

And breathe.....

:shaun:

He took Wilshire who hadn't played for 90 minutes all season so wasn't match fit,

Carrol gives you another option of a target in the box, that of course only works if people could actually cross into the box,

Twice last night at critical times the ball was crossed in and missed everyone and went out for a goal kick,

These are supposed to be the best we have?

Their first goal was just poor defending, so was the second.....

Stirling apart from the penalty dive did nothing AGAIN

Alana was very good in the group games but couldn't get a start last night??

As Ian Wright said last night, nobody knew what system they were playing, that's down to the manager......

And breathe.....

Rather of taken crouch than Carroll. Can't think of any players who he didn't take that really would of made a difference. Just aren't good enough. When they are in their club teams they are surrounded mostly by good to very good foreign players that make them look good. When Gary Neville commentated on sky he was brilliant at analysing games and talking tactics and I'm surprised he didn't see things go wrong. Just got to face it we are not good enough. We need a mourinho character to get in their heads and make them believe.

Aside from Roy's dodgy selections and tactics, the team were awful. Kyle Walker had a decent tournament until last night.

Rashford looked very good when he came on.

Wayne Rooney couldn't pass a ball to save his life.

Joe Hart confirmed his inconsistency.

However, the Icelandic Team played brilliantly.

Of the four Teams that set off to the Championships - both Irish teams could hold their heads up and Wales are still there. England will now appoint another loser - Gareth Southgate is the early favourite.

Get used to failure.

Rather of taken crouch than Carroll. Can't think of any players who he didn't take that really would of made a difference. Just aren't good enough. When they are in their club teams they are surrounded mostly by good to very good foreign players that make them look good. When Gary Neville commentated on sky he was brilliant at analysing games and talking tactics and I'm surprised he didn't see things go wrong. Just got to face it we are not good enough. We need a mourinho character to get in their heads and make them believe.

Have to agree with this but still shouldn't have taken Wilshere let alone played him

Lads' this didnt go to Script at all..!!I was hoping England would equalise. Then go to extra time and penalties.

And then of Course an England player smashing the ball over the Bar to lose..Is that not the way it should have went.?

Sorry fella's couldnt resist that one.

Fair dues to Iceland..Gotta love an Underdog Victory.

The last half hour I was praying England wouldn't score as I really couldn't face half an hour more of extra time......

Have to agree with this but still shouldn't have taken Wilshere let alone played him

Finally haha. The whole England set up needs to go right back to grass roots and alter the way the youngsters are taught. Too much 'get stuck in' and 'boot it up field' from sideline dads. Even the lesser national teams can move the ball around with fluency that we just can't seem to do and our players just don't seem to have football brains when playing. It will never happen after what he got sacked for saying but Glenn hoddle is the one to bring back the art of proper football and get us 'playing' the ball.

Glen Hoddles side was the last one I thought had any chance at all . The papers got rid of him sadly . Thank you Iceland ! I will never get back that 90 wasted minutes of my life so glad I can be spared watching that shower of manure again . Even our hooligans are 3rd rate .

The real sportsmen are doing just fine , thanks to the cricket and RU teams . They really do try to improve .

Would love Iceland to win .

To me is seems the sooner England football fans understand we are not a top 10 side the better and be happy just to get to a tournament and maybe win a match, draw and lose the rest then go home.

Don't we know it ? I wish we could just not compete for a few years and let them focus on passing the ball and not completely choking when a goal down . Few years out just to spare us this stupid half hearted millionaire fiasco . No more please. let's watch cricket and rugby , stuff we are good at .