Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

I voted remain, I'm.not upset because more people voted leave for whatever reason, trouble is we haven't left, the pm.lied as usual and didn't do it, deserted the ship once he thought it was going to sink as well, whoever pulls the article 50 trigger will ultimately be held responsible forever for whatever the consequences may be and also take the flak if they don't.

The position of PM for the tory party has now become a poisoned chalice with a fat pension and access to a ten million pound refurbished Raf jet, it stinks that we are now going to have an unelected PM in what is supposed to be a democracy though.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very convenient Granett. The remainers argument that most voted for racist reasons cannot be proved or disproved as well you know. You and the rest of the elite, restating over and over and over again does not make it true.

I voted out despite being in the top percentage pay wise. When you have the obscene amounts of money being self awarded to the few in the City, boardrooms and the corridors of power, while others lose pensions after a lifetime of work, is not going to be forgiven. Families having to use food banks while jobs go overseas because it means more profits is also not going to be forgiven. Shipping in cheap workers from overseas to undercut employee's T&C's is what immigration is really about. People may not have a degree level education, but they know when those above are urinating on them. You cannot build an economy where the majority cannot participate and expect it to endure.

The Remain camp had pretty much everyone on their side. All the news media, most of the MP's, most foreign governments, every paid expert, all the quango's, the luvvies and their millionaire sycophants, the list is almost endless. If that wasn't enough, for a two hour outage, the registration site was kept open for another two days because it was believed to be in remains favour. Let's not forget the 600,000 voting cards sent out to EU citizens that weren't eligible to vote, "in error"

Despite all the above, you lost by 1.3 million, get over it.

I predict that if Brexit is fudged, the parties deemed guilty by the electorate will become extinct at the next election. Personally I would vote for the Devil himself as retribution.

I like this; a good post. 👍

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/338400-lies-told-to-norway/page-7?do=findComment&comment=3080576

"Granett, answer this one last question, are you and you nearest and dearest what would be called white English ?"

That's right. PW member incredulous that someone who might not like people saying "White British people own this country" might be white British.

... And say what you like, even in the context of a debate people were still not able to conceal racist attitudes like that, and the rest weren't "anti-racist-enough" to make any comment other than to defend the posters or try to "reason" their comments away.

Does little to disprove the argument many voted on a racist basis.

This is what your link refers to.

'Mr Granett has a hidden agenda, or at least something he doesn't want to reveal.

Granett, answer this one last question, are you and you nearest and dearest what would be called white English ?'

Where does that quote ,which you have supplied ,ask you 'if you was black' ?

You makes things up,or you hear different words to that which were said,to suit your own mindset.

I beginning to wonder about you.

Granett and Jaymo - twins - separated at birth - only their mother could tell them apart.

I wouldnt mind so much if they made a sensible argument,they just seem to want to disagree from a quasi superior mindset .

You can tear them to pieces,and theyll change the subject , ignore it or say 'thats just a logical fallacy' 'Oh, another strawman argument' like that just means youre wrong and theyre right,bonkers!

I wonder if grannie really is a solicitor, and tries that baloney in a courtroom.

I can just imagine everyone shaking their heads and saying 'You what? '

Crikey, I've avoided this thread for a while, glad I did as it's turned into a lets get Granett thread. :no:

Rightly or wrongly we will soon be out of the EU, no problem, we can deal with that, but there is a deeper problem in this country and there is little point in pretending there isn't. People on both sides voted for individual reasons but you cannot deny that there has been a resurgence in racist and xenophobic behavior recently, which has in part been fueled by certain factions of the campaign. It is up to everyone, no matter which way they voted, to not tolerate any form of racism (certain recent threads on PW have sailed close to the wind and have gone unchallenged) and to get on with doing the important things, like making Britain a strong, unified, influential nation again.

Wasn't going to get back involved gentlemen but it appears that

If your names Rewulf or GordonR then anyone who disagrees with you or has an opinion not shared by your is either

A troll

Pathetic

Or one of the many other derisory comments

Don't believe any other of us who differed with your option offered up these sort of comments

Must be very empowering fellas.....

If you wish we could always meet for a pint and discuss in person

Do find it quite ironic that you should use a picture from the movie 'twins'

Featuring two gentlemen who are either first or second generation immigrants to term a better phrase for someone who decided to move to a foreign country-- suppose to would like them kicked out of the States too?

Now this really is my last post on this.........

Crikey, I've avoided this thread for a while, glad I did as it's turned into a lets get Granett thread. :no:

Rightly or wrongly we will soon be out of the EU, no problem, we can deal with that, but there is a deeper problem in this country and there is little point in pretending there isn't. People on both sides voted for individual reasons but you cannot deny that there has been a resurgence in racist and xenophobic behavior recently, which has in part been fueled by certain factions of the campaign. It is up to everyone, no matter which way they voted, to not tolerate any form of racism (certain recent threads on PW have sailed close to the wind and have gone unchallenged) and to get on with doing the important things, like making Britain a strong, unified, influential nation again.

I agree with most of what you've said, but equally it shouldn't be tolerated when someone slings out words like racist because you share a different view from them, this is exactly what granett has done and it detracts from genuine cases. If you look back through the threads, you will also see him accusing everyone on the forum of threatening him, which was equally as ridiculous, so if it appears people are being harsh towards him, its probably because everyones had enough of the unfounded accusations from him.

I voted remain, I'm.not upset because more people voted leave for whatever reason, trouble is we haven't left, the pm.lied as usual and didn't do it, deserted the ship once he thought it was going to sink as well, whoever pulls the article 50 trigger will ultimately be held responsible forever for whatever the consequences may be and also take the flak if they don't.

The position of PM for the tory party has now become a poisoned chalice with a fat pension and access to a ten million pound refurbished Raf jet, it stinks that we are now going to have an unelected PM in what is supposed to be a democracy though.

Not so , the Conservative party was voted in not the pm.

Example ballot paper below

post-53225-0-79146900-1468090092_thumb.jpg

Edited by sportsbob

If you wish we could always meet for a pint and discuss in person

Are you threatening me?

Only joking,but thats the sort of thing grannet was doing,he DID call us all racists,and he did say earlier he was asked by PW members if he was black,he also said on another thread he felt threatened..by people with guns!

None of these things happened.FACT.

I am not going to leave stuff like that unchallenged.

He is entitled to his opinion,as are you,no problem with that whatsoever.

I do have a problem with people who lie,distort facts and call me things, when they have no knowledge of who ,or what I am.

I try not to get argumentative for no apparent reason,and threads get locked for that sort of behaviour.

So hopefully we can get back on track with this one.

Gordon

You got me- one last post on these threads :-)

Pint offer was genuine- I could get my old game of battleships out and have a natter over a sup or two-- love a good face to face natter as tbh, these forums conjure up images but it's better to meet in real life.

But to your final post- now you know I said I was happy with the current figures but as your still subscribing to Area51.com and the like websites for your distrust of any Official Government figures is don't know what else to say ( you can't count the illegals as you put it as by the very fact they are illegal there exists no official data- for all we know there might only be one?)

Little edit- part of this post is for my old friend Gordon and the other part for Rewulf...

Only gave a fleeting glance before posting

Edited by Jaymo

Jaymo - you are possibly the most evasive person I have encountered. Stop citing "current figures".

How many people can the UK properly stand - 65 million, 75 million, 85 million, 150 million? If you feel unable to answer, I will understand. Lifetime habits must be hard to break.

Three posts after leaving - still evading.

i hate discrimination of any kind yet I voted to leave so i must be racist according to some, my question to the remainers has always been "so you think there should be no restriction on anyone who wants to enter Britain. should there be no barriers into the channel ports ?" their reply has alway been yes we should restrict some but !! this of course make them the same as the majority of Britain including farage

I am very happy for people to migrate to this country but feel that we should have a say in who

my main reason for voting to leave was that I distrust the politicians we already have why should i trust any more

sorry if this has been said already

Edited by islandgun

I'm hoping that the politicians if they take nothing else from the referendum is that 'normal' people are fed up of the lies, deceit and double standards and hope that politics sees a change for the better, whatever side of the referendum your on, the one thing I think we can all agree on is we have been treated like idiots who don't know what's best for us on both sides and the subsequent lies and half truths, I won't hold my breath though

switzerland wants to come to London team up with Hong Kong and Singapore in the stockmarket this is since we had brexit will this reinforce our go it alone standing i hope so Also countries liming up to trade with us and the EU in meltdown glad were out

switzerland wants to come to London team up with Hong Kong and Singapore in the stockmarket this is since we had brexit will this reinforce our go it alone standing i hope so Also countries liming up to trade with us and the EU in meltdown glad were out

+1

Rewulf, he asked if all my family were white, not black. His point was he same. Your refusal to acknowledge that and the continued refusal of everyone else to address the racism here makes it harder to deny racism was a contributing factor in votes to leave.

I once patiently tried to explain to you about the logical fallacy inherent in asking someone to prove a negative, but you threw it back in my face with some cheap shot. On that basis Privett me there wasn't a racist element in your vote.

As for the other comments, 12gauge82,you quoted a long post of rodp that contained a phrase "white British... You know the people who own this country"and commented" You beet (sic) me to it".

Then you got angry when I assumed that meant you were agreeing with his racist sentiment.

In terms of this thread generally, it's tricky to answer so many posts from so many different people having a go (Even when most are "Yeah, you sure showed him" - if this were a fight in a small country pub, its clear which posters would be the ones to hit the outsider first, and which would pile in once he was on the ground).

Anyway stop the "you lost" posts. Your idol undermined the country's direction for a quarter of a century and his team did what they could to ensure Britain did as badly as possible whole going in the direction they objected to.

To insist that everyone is somehow now democratically endentured to making a go of Brexit is rank hypocrisy and intellectually bankrupt.

I voted to remain as I feel that, as a country, we are better off as part of a larger community but that horse has now bolted and we have to make the best of what we have. Either side writing off the concerns and opinions of the other isn't going to help anyone. I am sure that it is more likely that racists/fascists will have voted to leave than to remain, as that is what those parties have been campaigning on for years, but that does not mean that everyone who who wanted to leave is racist or fascist.

I still think that we would be better off as a country had we decided to remain but that does not mean I am not deeply concerned about many aspects of the EU - you would have to be on the payroll not to be. A very strong argument for leaving is that we soon will not be part of that but the way business is conducted will still be influenced by EU policy. What I now hope for is that we have the political clout to harvest the golden opportunities that the leave campaign seem to feel are there for the taking. For that to happen, both sides of the campaign need to recognise that there are genuine differences of opinion but that they have to work hard for the future, not look back in anger.