Conspiracy Theory Watch

NickS

I love conspiracy theories, although I don't subscribe to any (I don't think) but the idea is fascinating, making sense of a chaotic world by assuming there is someone pulling the strings is a lot more reassuring than most of it is random and nobody is driving the ship

You'll be starting your own religion next! :rolleyes:

I love conspiracy theories, although I don't subscribe to any (I don't think) but the idea is fascinating, making sense of a chaotic world by assuming there is someone pulling the strings is a lot more reassuring than most of it is random and nobody is driving the ship

I, too, do love a good conspiracy theory - not that I really believe any mind. It was only very recently that I realised that there are loads of people out there that believe the world is flat, and that anything else to the contrary is just part of the conspiracy. They even go as far as demanding that the flat v. round "controversy" be taught in schools. Fantastic stuff supported by pseudo maths, and physics. Anyone on here believe the earth is actually a flat disc?

I, too, do love a good conspiracy theory - not that I really believe any mind. It was only very recently that I realised that there are loads of people out there that believe the world is flat, and that anything else to the contrary is just part of the conspiracy. They even go as far as demanding that the flat v. round "controversy" be taught in schools. Fantastic stuff supported by pseudo maths, and physics. Anyone on here believe the earth is actually a flat disc?

Definitely flat and if you go to far you fall off the edge ask anyone who lives in spalding 😂😂😂

The boring reality is that outside of tragic accidents and lone lunatics, almost every shocking world event has in some way a conspiracy involved, if only on the presentation of facts. Politics is a good example (especially at the moment) where what is said in public is only one, prettified and spun version of a reality that is much less clear cut and much more complex - people conspire to make deals, pacts, trade-offs, concessions as well as to back-scratch and stab to get an outcome and then spin the outcome for their own purpose. I would imagine most conspiracies are not big or even technically illegal, but there will undoubtedly be some that have strayed well over the line.

My wife is convinced Diana was murdered, I don't think she was, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a conspiracy of silence somewhere after the event.

The moon landings happened though. I know this because the US had to get there to get there hands on alien Pharaoh technology put there by the Babylonian Brotherhood.

And to hide the gun really killed JFK.

They watch me poo.

eognkghkevkmlcvmkek837975klksjouurgoiuofiu09ujiu90uj09ujldvkbljvk.

I've written my reply in code in case 'they' are watching.

edited due to mistake in code

Edited by KFC

There was a lot of talk of conspiracy theorists when the recent Austrian presidential election ended so closely.

The 'far right' Norbert Hofer was very narrowly beaten in the second round of voting (after winning the first) by a green candidate.

Talk of vote rigging and irregularities in the count were dismissed as sour grapes and conspiracy at the time. There was no way that would be allowed to happen in a such an integral EU state. Except of course the EU hate nationalism... to defeat it is its primary reason for being. It was therefore no surprise to read this today : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/01/austrian-presidential-election-result-overturned-and-must-be-held-again-hofer-van-der-bellen

Would it be classed as a conspiracy theory to say that it wouldn't be at all surprising if the powers that be in Brussels may have had a hand in this?

It's a well known fact that the moon landings were faked and filmed on the James Bond Moonraker set.

Not Moonraker, Moonraker was just a Space Shuttle, you are thinking of Diamonds Are Forever when Bond breaks out of Blofelds desert workshop/laboratory after being discovered impersonating a radiation safety officer, he stole a moon buggy to escape from a Lunar set....