Topgear - Merged Threads

Davyo

The two guest presenters did a great job,

That's the format they should use, it was about the cars not the people,

That Focus RS was a serious bit of kit

The guy that did the Ferrari bit was a guest presenter on Fifth gear a few years ago and was very good on that also

:shaun:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well tonight's show was a massive improvement...............................................................

Fixed that for you :ninja:

Mike

..........................................much less of Chris Evans!

Top gear for me as been strugling for years even with the real team in tow.

The star in a car bit was at best average to boring.

The road tests could be mildly interesting, but it was the various specials that set the pace with the old team the pole run africa the bolivia on and others were interesting.

But the modifying parts of the challenges always got too silly instead of keeping the show on the boil.

I think the Train Vincent and Jaguar london to edinbourgh challenge was about the most interesting one of the challenge features for me.

But overall the show was just about passable and entertaining , the new show just falls well short, i mean come on These muppets on a top gear special road trip :rolleyes: Where to Sainsburys? :lol: :lol:

It will be interesting to see what the Old real Top gear lads do when that show kicks off ln a few months time.

Edited by TONY R

I tried to watch it, but failed after about 3 minutes of seeing Chris Evans - he's such an idiot I couldn't stomach watching it any longer.

For me, the bits I enjoyed about the old Top Gear was Clarkson's amusing offensive nature and the trio's constant quips and gags and then their road trips and challenges - these were the best bits.

Seeing smug mug Evans waltzing around London in his Pyjamas thinking he is so cool and then presenting TG is just awful.

• 3 weeks later...

not surprised to be honest, was reading earlier that top gears ratings took a battering against the footy - even antiques roadshow smashed it so hes prob been blamed for that !!!!

plus theres the sexual assault probe thats popped up against him, that prob hasnt helped.......

Top Gear has concluded with the lowest audience of its current series, as viewers flocked to watch Euro 2016.

An average 1.9m viewers watched Sunday night's episode of the motoring show - 8.6% of the available audience.

ITV attracted the biggest audience of the night, as an average 6.6 million viewers tuned in to see France's 5-2 win over Iceland in Euro 2016.

BBC One's Antiques Roadshow, which also overlapped with Top Gear, was watched by an average of 3.9 million.

Is there a coincidence in the timing though? You know, Farage will have time on his hands now, the similarities between he and JC are manifold. There's the gammy teeth, boozing, strong opinions, charisma to name but a few...

Could it happen?

Edited by mick miller

hello, i do not normally berate people but these so called stars of tv and radio, what is that all about, i must admit he has done well for himself since a tea boy, but i would rather watch paint dry than listen and watch him, am i being facetious, saying that i can think of a few many !!!!!!!! others like that, surely there must be a few genuine down to earth people to grace our TVs??????

The right decision. I do feel a bit sorry for him. I get the sense that he felt this was almost a dream come true. It is pretty horrible to have ambitions like that crushed.

Having said that, I'm glad he's gone! now to find a real presenter who well gel with the rest and the audience