Again! (merged threads)

Scully

Yes, he won, yes he smiled! He was absolutely superb. Raonic bought his A game but Murray just ripped through it. Awesome day for GB tennis, four Wimbledon champs in one day:

Murray, Men's singles

Heather Watson, mixed doubles

Jordanne Whiley, women's wheelchair doubles

Gordon Reid, men's singles

Brilliant stuff

Don't fear, he was referring to the traditional Harris vs Lewis inter outer Hebrides tug of war match. The women of Lewis beat the men of Harris. The winners got to take any man they liked from Harris.

There has been no word from island gun all day....

I thought Murray was fantastic, his work ethic, commitment and sheer grit when things are tough is a lesson to us all. Did Britain and Scotland proud. Three sets didn't tell the same story at all. Raonic was averaging seven aces a set on the way through the tournament, didn't even get that many in the whole match. A good return of a service doing over 140mph is really something.

David.

Don't fear, he was referring to the traditional Harris vs Lewis inter outer Hebrides tug of war match. The women of Lewis beat the men of Harris. The winners got to take any man they liked from Harris.

There has been no word from island gun all day....

Ah so my secret is out, below is a brief description of events as they happend

I arrived promptly at 4-00am and stood looking down into the freezing waters of the "yawning abyss" the river boundary that seperates Lewis and Harris, my baggy lycra jumpsuit afforded little protection against the chill N wind, at the back of 11-00 my team mates turned up in a battered transit van, not before time as the "ladies" of Lewis could be heard approaching, the beat of the single drum harmonising with the bellowing of their oxen, the first sight of the girls was enough, naked and painted blue they each sported a pink merkin over their privates and a deer antlers upon their shaved heads, as the only sasanach i was graciously given the lead in our team where i stood proudly for a few seconds, until I was plunged into the freezing water, When I regained consciousness i found myself in an old peat cutters shieling and through a loose board espied the victorious ladies heading the shot to each other in a bizzare highland version of keepy uppy, needless to say i prised open the board and made my escape, dressed in nothing but the soiled Y fronts i had arrived in. I slowly made my way home, a wiser IG

Edited by islandgun

Ah so my secret is out, below is a brief description of events as they happend

I arrived prompy at 4-00am and stood looking down into the freezing waters of the "yawning abyss" the river boundary that seperates Lewis and Harris, my baggy lycra jumpsuit afforded little protection against the chill N wind, at the back of 11-00 my team mates turned up in a battered transit van, not before time as the "ladies" of Lewis could be heard approaching, the beat of the single drum harmonising with the bellowing of their oxen, the first sight of the girls was enough, naked and painted blue they each sported a pink merkin over their privates and a deer antlers upon their shaved heads, as the only sasanach i was graciously given the lead in our team where i stood proudly for a few seconds, until I was plunged into the freezing water, When I regained consciousness i found myself in an old peat cutters shieling and through a loose board espied the victorious ladies heading the shot to each other in a bizzare highland version of keepy uppy, needless to say i prised open the board and made my escape, dressed in nothing but the soiled Y fronts i had arrived in. I slowly made my way home, a wiser IG

Brilliant I G........... I thought at first you referring to one of our regular village fetes days we have for the O A Ps :lol: