on 4 now the gun shop

mossy835

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but feel they're making it worse themselves. Explaining to a ten year old to shoot intruders in the head ???

It's not a war zone.

The person in the shop was looking at an AR15 but hadn't a clue about guns.

My personal opinion is they need a kick up the butt and education on other ways to solve an argument

Until something is drastically changed then the gun problem will only get worse. Not that I'm condoning some of the terrible actions the police have committed over there but when joe bloggs can buy a gun and the police know that the majority of citizens have one, then no wonder the police are trigger happy. If they know it's quite likely that a suspect could suddenly pull out a gun then it just makes you over cautious and jumpy. They go to work thinking they could get shot today. As stated, it's the Wild Wild West.

The 1st guys gona shoot anyone who comes through his foor and said i wont even give it a thought.

The young womans training her its to kill

The coloured lady wants to just shoot cops

Jesus that one **** hole

Did you watch the program last night about a US cop called Stephen Rankin who shot an unarmed black man called William Chapman?

Edited by BlaserF3

The woman that's never fired a gun was in there for 10minutes then walks out with a pistol.

Then asked if she wants training ? No I haven't the money for that.

When pistols were legal here and you were granted a Firearm Certificate I did that.

I had to do six months probation at a club though but I was not allowed to use it in self defence.

Edited by BlaserF3

you seriously cannot believe the gun culture in america till you watch programs like this.

It's even more disconcerting/strange if you go there...

I was in the US last week and took a trip down to the local gun shop/range (I usually do this when I go over there because it's something you can't do in the UK and, as a result, have fired various weapons from handguns, through assault rifles, to belt fed machine guns).

Within 10 mins of arriving and after the briefest of briefings I was sent, unaccompanied, off to a booth on the range with a Glock 17 and 50 rounds and a cheery "have fun, just come back when you run out of ammo or want to try a different gun!". Admittedly I had my own eye/ear protection with me and left my SGC as ID, but I didn't get the impression it would have been much different if I'd just turned up as someone with no shooting experience at all.

Edited by SxS

If only all those stupid people who went in there wanting to protect themselfs had been sold the one item that will keep them safe requires little training and is highly effective against shooters............. A bulletproof vest.

The concept of buy a pistol and keep in in my bag and when the time comes pull it out aim and fire before they do is unreal and wont work for 99% of those people who want protection but hey if it makes you feel safe.

It's even more disconcerting/strange if you go there...

I was in the US last week and took a trip down to the local gun shop/range (I usually do this when I go over there because it's something you can't do in the UK and, as a result, have fired various weapons from handguns, through assault rifles, to belt fed machine guns).

Within 10 mins of arriving and after the briefest of briefings I was sent, unaccompanied, off to a booth on the range with a Glock 17 and 50 rounds and a cheery "have fun, just come back when you run out of ammo or want to try a different gun!". Admittedly I had my own eye/ear protection with me and left my SGC as ID, but I didn't get the impression it would have been much different if I'd just turned up as someone with no shooting experience at all.

Went to vegas a few years ago. Walked into a gun shop with a range and asked if I could hire a Colt m1911 .45? Yeah no probs could I see some ID? Handed over drivers licence. They ask how many rounds I wanted, I said 50. They gave me a target put the gun in a box with the rounds, I picked up eyes and ears protection they said you're on lane 4 and handed me the box. I had no previous experience with a pistol at all.

I had to ask in the end before I went through to the range if I could have a little run through of how it works. They were genuinely surprised.

Different story with the Mp5 though, I was accompanied by range staff at all times.

Edited by Jason_ox

First I bet that most of the people who bought guns take them home and after a few days they go in to a safe or lockable draw and never see light of day again but it makes them feel safe knowing that they have it.

The second thing is if any of us lived over there how many of us would want to have a hand gun when you now that all of the bad guys have guns you would be mad not to have one yourself to protect you and your family.

I do find the attitude of people even some shooters in the UK they just do not get guns at all we live in a tiny country with no wild animals that could do us harm where almost all guns have been banded for many years show most people a toy gun and they would run a mile frightened to death that it will go off and hurt them.

So why the hell do we think that we have the rite to tell them how to live there life guns are part of the American way of life if people over here do not like it them do not go to there country simple problem solved.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

That's the thing isn't it... if someone breaking into your house could well be armed, then you're going to want to be armed.

...and if you're breaking into a house where the occupier could well be armed, then you're going to want to be armed.

Until you get to the point at which pretty much everyone seems to have access to guns.

That's the thing isn't it... if someone breaking into your house could well be armed, then you're going to want to be armed.

...and if you're breaking into a house where the occupier could well be armed, then you're going to want to be armed.

Until you get to the point at which pretty much everyone seems to have access to guns.

I just read that the US has an average of 89 firearms for every 100 residents. So you're not far off!

What also surprised me was to learn that Switzerland has an average of 46 firearms per 100 residents!

Like the Aussie comedien I dont'get the US attitude about having one handy just incase an intruder comes in. All they want to do is nick your TV to buy drugs.

Like he said. Which was on the lines of:-

If you have a gun in your hand because they turn up when your ready for them they will probably shoot at you as your armed. If they don't come when you're expecting them and leave it in a handy place to get to it quickly then the kids could probably get to it and play with it as kids do and have an accident.

So to keep it safe and stop the kids having accidents you lock it away.. but then you would have to ask the intruder/s to patiently wait for you to go find the keys.. unlock the cabinet get it and come back.

It would be a lot safer and a lot less hassle for all just to show them where the TV is and let the police do their job and buy a new TV.

Plus it doesn't result unsightly stains.

Using Fear as a sales pitch is immoral.

Edited by Paul1440

The thing I didn't agree with is using a gun as a weapon against people. none of them were in the army. If you have an argument and you have a shootout with someone chances are someone will die or have life changing injuries, whereas if you have a punch up instead one of you has a black eye and a fat lip for a week. I like how it is over here guns are a tool for use on animals or for target sports not for aiming at people what are you always told to do with a gun when you start it is unloaded or safe and pointing in the air or at the floor not at people or I was anyway

Edited by mattyg1086

I just can't help thinking that I feel quite sad that people feel they are so threatened that they have to walk around armed, and teach their infant kids how to kill people, but then again perhaps the perception is real; without actually living there I couldn't really say.

There again, in a society where guns are so freely available it makes sense to be armed also.

As for the choice and freedom to own such a wide variety of firearms, and being a gun nut, I have to say I'm envious.

The thing I didn't agree with is using a gun as a weapon against people. none of them were in the army. If you have an argument and you have a shootout with someone chances are someone will die or have life changing injuries, whereas if you have a punch up instead one of you has a black eye and a fat lip for a week. I like how it is over here guns are a tool for use on animals or for target sports not for aiming at people what are you always told to do with a gun when you start it is unloaded or safe and pointing in the air or at the floor not at people or I was anyway

So someone who is much bigger and stronger comes at you with a gun knife pointed stick and all that you want to do is say to them please do not hurt or kill me as I would not like that what having a gun does is gives you a chance of not being killed if you have a death wish that is fine but do not expect everyone to feel that way.

Well it was a eye opening programme to say the least, I don't agree with alot of things in the uk but I'm definitely grateful I don't live in a country where I feel I have to have a "where to shoot the burglar" talk with my kids.

Exactly, we live on the other end of the spectrum regarding firearms but it has to be said, right to carry weapons fine but to (try) and teach a 9 year old that he should confront an armed robber, hit the deck and shoot him is just asking for trouble, she was trying to teach him to do just that, not get out of a window and leg it to neighbour, phone Police. That 'robber' could well be armed with a sawn off or worse and in my eyes your kids are being put in more danger getting them to confront the intruder, there could be more than one, is a 9 year old capable of defending himself against that even with a pistol! Hell, they probably know or watched more Rambo movies than the child. Fine to teach them PROPERLY on a gun range and all but to teach them to confront said person(s)......

The coloured lady on the otherhand seemed to want a pistol cause she felt she needed it if confronted or stopped by the Police...thats how I interprided her reasoning, she kept going on about being stopped. Wrong reason and very very wrong decision to make!!

Edited by Pugs