So where is the remain campaign now?

Vince Green

Spot on, they've been miking us for years. Quite amazing to whatch them cry, too late for junker and pals to shut the gate the UK horse has bolted

Apparantly Junkers drinks a bottle of Scotland's finest a day*

. That's not a man who is in control of the situation, he's a 'flippin' alcoholic, not to mince words.

* if he admits to one bottle its probably two in reality

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freedom of movement does not mean that people should not be checked in and out and properly recorded at the borders.

No other EU country pays any benefits to UK migrants why do we pay housing benefits and tax credits, child benefits etc to EU migrants?

MUGS, MUGS, MUGS that's why

This isn't actually true; I looked up the social protection benefits for EU migrants in Ireland, and EU in the UK.

They are the same; take the child benefit - we don't call it a tax credit, it's a monthly payment. It can be claimed where the parent(s) are in Ireland, but the child is in the UK.

For Job Seekers; in both jurisdictions, you need the relevant number of stamps before payout begins, and yes these can be accrued in other countries.

What is different is the NHS; you have a great and free service there. As an EU migrant, you get the same access to the Irish system as an Irish person with no private insurance. This is fine if you have a trauma injury but if you have something like cancer you'd probably be dead before the diagnosis was made, and it isn't free.

A few weeks ago, before Christmas, I said that the reluctance of Theresa May to be bullish on Brexit wasn't an issue in the face of the doom mongering rhetoric coming out of Brussels . After the New Year, in the run up to the German and French elections the British government would start to drop dirty bombs into their campaigns.Well, it started the other day. Phillip Hammond in Berlin:

And he issued a direct threat of what Britain would do if the EU attempted to restrict in any way our ‘access to the European market’. He declared that rather than ‘lie down and say, too bad, we’ve been wounded — if we are forced to be something different, then we will have to become something different’.

He went on to warn that Germany will pay a high price if that happened: ‘I think Mercedes-Benz and BMW and Volkswagen would also like to sell their cars in the UK market without tariffs. Germany’s biggest bank has a large operation in London and I assume it would like to continue that operation.’

It caused more consternation in Germany than Geoff Hurst's second goal :lol:

A few weeks ago, before Christmas, I said that the reluctance of Theresa May to be bullish on Brexit wasn't an issue in the face of the doom mongering rhetoric coming out of Brussels . After the New Year, in the run up to the German and French elections the British government would start to drop dirty bombs into their campaigns.Well, it started the other day. Phillip Hammond in Berlin:

Got to give it to you, your fingers always on the pulse 🖒

Yep I saw that! And Trump saying UK wouldnt be at the back of the queue with trade deal with the US (unlike Obama) and that trade deals could be struck in a very short time! The NZ prime minister wanted to strike a trade deal with the U.K. As soon as we are free of the EU's control, to do so!

About time the UK started to play hardball with the EU!.....and about time the EU stopped threatening us and talking tough! And started to realise the people of the UK will not just roll over! And our negotiators and elected representatives understand the people of the UK are unlikely to accept them "rolling over" on our behalf!

The EU are going to learn that they are subservient to member governments. Not the other way around. This is the perfect time to negotiate Brexit. The French and German business leaders will bend the ear of the politicians and they must respond if they want to get elected. I'll bet that Junkers is sacrificed before the end of next month and replaced by a more moderate leader who will make all the conciliatory noises the French and German electorate want to hear.

This is like Ali - Foreman and we are just about to come off the ropes and start boxing.

The EU are going to learn that they are subservient to member governments. Not the other way around. This is the perfect time to negotiate Brexit. The French and German business leaders will bend the ear of the politicians and they must respond if they want to get elected. I'll bet that Junkers is sacrificed before the end of next month and replaced by a more moderate leader who will make all the conciliatory noises the French and German electorate want to hear.

This is like Ali - Foreman and we are just about to come off the ropes and start boxing.

Be interested to see if your right, at this rate I might want next week's lottery numbers from you 😂 Edited by 12gauge82

Be interested to see if your right, at this rate I might want next week's lottery numbers from you

I just love the way that Hammond put it: "If you think you can bully us then think again!" in a diplomatic sort of manner.

Apparently the German journalists were so shocked that they quickly phoned the Home Office to see whether he was on message or speaking out of turn. The HO confirmed that he was indeed speaking on behalf of the British Government. It has to have been a well planned and orchestrated diplomatic move in advance of Theresa May's impending speech and I hope that they repeat the performance in gigs all over Europe.

The EU retorted that no trade deal negotiations would be considered until after the full Brexit in 2019. But they don't have to worry about their jobs in a German car factory like Hans and Fritz do. I love it :lol:

we have been pretty much bullied for 40 odd years though, leading to all of this today.

7 months on now, still lots of words, dithering and headlines, I have little faith in may and her government, I think it has something to do with her stance as a remainer.

I hope I am wrong, but I think the court appeal will be thrown out.

farage was of the thinking that invoking in march wont happen, as there are euro elections and these will be a perfect cover for another delay.

we'll see. :good:

I just love the way that Hammond put it: "If you think you can bully us then think again!" in a diplomatic sort of manner.

Apparently the German journalists were so shocked that they quickly phoned the Home Office to see whether he was on message or speaking out of turn. The HO confirmed that he was indeed speaking on behalf of the British Government. It has to have been a well planned and orchestrated diplomatic move in advance of Theresa May's impending speech and I hope that they repeat the performance in gigs all over Europe.

The EU retorted that no trade deal negotiations would be considered until after the full Brexit in 2019. But they don't have to worry about their jobs in a German car factory like Hans and Fritz do. I love it :lol:

Completely agree! As I've said before, in 6 months time we could be negotiating our trade deals with an entirely different set of officials!

The message is getting across;

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.welt.de%2Fpolitik%2Fausland%2Farticle161240317%2FTheresa-May-riskiert-den-Showdown-mit-der-EU.html&edit-text=

And it is dawning on the French public that during the post-Brexit hiatus of having no trade agreements in place they will lose free access to sell their cars to the UK market and their fishing fleet in northern France will lose free access to British waters. :)

I think Teresa May's speech today will focus more than a few minds in Europe. They thought we would have to come begging to them and they could treat us with utter contempt. Now they are starting to realise that maybe its them that are going to have to do the begging.

At the moment there is a bit of spiteful indignation at the perceived threats posed by Hammond. The EU's equivalent of the Daily Mail reader's comments reflect that in the German and French newspapers. But in and amongst those are some telling home truths coming out. Gradually Europe is coming to realise that spitefully cutting off trade with Britain over an ideal of Freedom of Movement will hurt their industries more than they had previously considered. Hammond rolling the grenade under their door has focused a few important minds that previously might have thought that the EU held all the cards. It is like a perfect storm; Germany and France are holding general elections and the main focus of public opinion is on protecting borders and reducing immigration. How can the EU insist that the UK keeps its borders open in return for free trade when EU countries such as Austria, Hungary and Germany itself are bringing in their own border controls contrary to EU rules? And, as some wise people are pointing out; the EU has trade agreements with China, USA and Canada amongst others with no such insistence of Freedom of Movement.

May's speech has been deliberately leaked to the foreign press as their initial reaction was that she was trying to save her own skin after repeated criticism of her perceived reluctance her handling of Brexit. She's given them a couple of days to get over that and now with her speech with hopefully a few more grenades, the realities are dawning on them. :)

Yep! She rolled a couple more grenades under their door. "The UK is open for business as usual so let's do business as usual".

And that last point about wanting a smooth and speedy transition puts the Brexit trade issue right slap bang in the German and French election campaigns whether they like it or not. All of a sudden the German car makers, the French farmers and the Spanish fishermen's futures are political points. Brilliant! :)

I'm one of those migrants that came to Britain 6 years ago. I'm originally from the Netherlands, so I didn't come here for economical reasons (my partner is Scottish) and I have noticed that the UK as a whole is in many ways poorer than the Netherlands. We are already geographically an island and I'm afraid we'll become that economically as well. In my opinion the Brexiteers jumped into the deep end without even knowing if they could swim. Doing business with the EU countries will become much more difficult and dearer and if we do, we still have to abide by the EU standards and regulations. The only thing I can think of that Britain produces and successfully exports is whisky, all the rest can be produced by any other country. The only way I can see a successful Brexit is that all countries step out of the EU and it stops to exist, otherwise I'm afraid the UK will become even more poor than it already is.

Good sex is probably the only valid reason for moving to Scotland, Even that is pretty marginal

I listened to Teresa May's speech today and it was a masterclass. It hit every bullseye, she got just the right measure of steely defiance while offering Europe a peace offering IF they choose to take it, while also making it clear that she's not that bothered if they don't..

She has well and truly silenced her critics over here too, a very good, measured performance and now nobody is in any doubt which way we are going. I would imagine it went down like a lead balloon in Brussels! They must realise now she is no pushover

I am very impressed

Edited by Vince Green

Yes indeed, she performed very well and has established a strong position to move forward from.

Interesting to see Tim Farron MP, leader of the Liberal Democrat Party with its 9 MPs saying yet again that the country needs another refferendum to approve the details.

He even accused Mrs May of abusing democracy!

The man is nothing and will never clasp the bigger picture, he should opt to become a parish councilor and deal with dog fouling and the like.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

I listened to Teresa May's speech today and it was a masterclass. It hit every bullseye, she got just the right measure of steely defiance while offering Europe a peace offering IF they choose to take it, while also making it clear that she's not that bothered if they don't..

She has well and truly silenced her critics over here too, a very good, measured performance and now nobody is in any doubt which way we are going. I would imagine it went down like a lead balloon in Brussels! They must realise now she is no pushover

I am very impressed

+1

It's taken 7 months to hear it but it may well be worth the wait. A velvet glove covering a steel gauntlet.

I see it hasn't gone down well with Tim Farron who is now bleating on about the theft of democracy. Demanding now that once a deal is reached there should be a referendum on it. The man is a complete joke.

Just waiting to hear from "Wee Jimmy Krankie" now. Should be good for a laugh.

Jeremy "the Trot" has complained Theresa May wants "to have her cake and eat it"................as if that's a bad thing? what a prize chump! :no:

He is the sort of idiot that advertises a car worth £1000 for £1000 and complains when he only gets £800........instead of advertising it at £1200 and accepting £1100........and he wants to lead this country????? :no:

Jeremy "the Trot" has complained Theresa May wants "to have her cake and eat it"................as if that's a bad thing? what a prize chump! :no:

He is the sort of idiot that advertises a car worth £1000 for £1000 and complains when he only gets £800........instead of advertising it at £1200 and accepting £1100........and he wants to lead this country? ???? :no:

I think even he knows he NEVER will!