Only 3 Iceberg Lettuces, Oh No!

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we could always go back to growing our own on UK farms and accept that we have to respect the seasons for the produce availability, I know that by suggesting this I'm a heretic, but what the hell, strawberries and the like used to be a treat until we started importing them so we could have them any and everyday, same with new potatoes!! :)

Edited by Brixsmaid

If anyone needs more than three lettuce and a courgette do not fear,am in Spain at the moment and for a small

consideration or half a box of carts can dispatch aforementioned a bit sharpish.

5.05 and quite warm.

Oldgun

Don't get caught at customs on the way back in! :rolleyes:

Our department has been put on red alert. We've been told to expect power and telephone outages lasting several days following on from expected gales of around 85mph tonight and into the morning. Thankfully Little Wife went to Lidle yesterday and bought three mini Iceberg lettuces :)

If anyone needs more than three lettuce and a courgette do not fear,am in Spain at the moment and for a small

consideration or half a box of carts can dispatch aforementioned a bit sharpish.

5.05 and quite warm.

Oldgun

On the dinner time news they showed snow on the beach out in Spain. Apparently the café's and restaurants are paying over£1.50 for a lettuce and it's them that are going into Tesco ect and cleaning the shelves. The growers recon that stocks of this stuff is going to be difficult until approximately April so load the wagon up with lettuce, courgetts, and stuff like that. I don't know any family that is going to hammer 3 lettuce except sandwich shops.

I say mel b3 that's a bit strong,bought 1/2 kilo straws today 2.25 Euros fantastic,tel you what

will send 1 kilo fresh (or nearly by the time you get them straws) 3 iceberg (but not the one which sank the Titanic)

and 2courgettes in exchange for a 250 bird day anywhere in Norfolk.Can't say any fairer than that.