meeting someone to sell a gun

i recently put a gun up for sale on gun trader, a chap said he would buy it if we could meet half way. well as luck would have it i was going to be near the half way point this Saturday so i said i would , now i'm a bit apprehensive about the whole thing! if we meet in a secluded area he could have a proper look at the gun but i run the risk of being robbed ( compleat stranger off the internet ) meet in a place with people and run the risk of armed police and a night in a cell. anyone ever done this before? any advise ? im pretty keen to get rid of the gun as i need the money.

Edited by JohnDeere6630

recently bought a gun, we met half way, arranged meet up in a superstore car park, got out of the way right at the back, inspected the gun discreetly in between the motors, deal done, no problems as long as your both discreet and don't go waving the gun about in full view

The public witnessing worrries me less than meeting a stranger who is buying my gun

Have done it twice. Both buyers were unknown to me but were PW members.

Those were both shotgun sales but funnily enough the only bloke who refused to meet anywhere other than his house was a bloke who had an air rifle I was interested in. I told him if he wasn't willing to meet me halfway then I wasn't interested. As a result there was no sale.

I sold an air rifle recently, the chap payed cash. I didn't bank the money until 3-4 weeks later and when the girl ran it through the machine it kept rejecting 20's. Closer inspection they were fake, even the bank said they were the best they have seen!!

So much so it took her a few goes to spot them!! Phoned the mobile number he contacted me on and surprise surprise!!!

I would be more concerned about this than meeting half way

Arrange a meeting near an abandoned quarry, plan to meet at say 13.00 and get your mates to be there at 12.00. Pick some high vantage points for them to lay up for new ambush just in case.

You could also take some beefcake from the local gym as backup, tell him to were his black crombie and shiny boots.

If you had bad intent in mind this would be a good way of geting your hands on a firearme. a lot easer than braking and entering and a lot less likely to get police attention than doing over a gun shop or FAD. by the time your loved ones razed the alarm of you going missing, your lovely gun will be on the news in the hands of some c@n? face down in the street after being shot by SO19 after they had shot up member's or the public.

In the future I can see our guns being a thing of the past if this cult is not controlled. it took one sick fu@ and one vial act to ban all hand guns in the uk.

Not wanting to alarm any one but there are a lot of nutters out there. And I think you can never be to blasé on safety with your firearms .its your responsibility.

Meet at a Pub or McDonalds and leave the gun locked in the car until you have seen and taken a photo of his licence - he will not know which car is yours if you arrive early so robbery is nigh on impossible. Sold Guns like this many times and never met anyone even slightly dodgy.

Done it twice, sold one and bought one, met at clay ground had a coffee and a chat saw paperwork went to car, got gun, tried it, deal done back to club house for a bacon roll and fill out paperwork.

Anywhere public and check the certificate first the it's job done. Just don't try testing it at McDonald's....

Met in a nice relatively busy rural pub. Explained the situation on arrival to the landlord who set us at a nice big table by the fire and asked anyone else entering the oub where they were planning to sit. If up our way he explained what was going on.

No trouble, good chat with the locals, all on cctv, decent beer, what more could you want.

Edited by Wb123

Meet him at a clay shooting ground!

Absolutely the best venue. A public place and somewhere where the sight of a gun isn't going to cause problems. The buyer can try before buying, too. Safest, most relaxed way for both parties. A no-brainier for me.