Eh?

Scully

It's a joke. It would be better if they just said they didn't want to insure him. When my son passed his test at 17, even putting him in our insurance as a named driver was £4k or more. He didn't even drive for the first year after passing because of this.

I had a grandson pass his test a year ago.he was eighteen.insured a 1.0 corsa on an 03 plate with coop young drivers policy for 1600 with a box fitted.got a year under his belt now drives and insures a connect van that I gave him for his work.pays 2k for this full comp with business use.

Yup, his own insurance with you and the wife as named drivers. That's what I did with mine when I passed a few years ago got it for about £2500 in the end i think. Still ridiculous as i paid about the same for the car and it was only a 1.0L polo.

Just out of curiosity, why are you getting fully comp quotes on a car worth less than £500?

My last couple of cars have been of similar cost and I went for TPF&T, made insurance much cheaper. Tbh the car I have now is only insured fully comp because it was cheaper than the TPF&T quotes I received elsewhere.

He'll still get his NCB and it should be at least a little cheaper.

Just out of curiosity, why are you getting fully comp quotes on a car worth less than £500?

When i was a kid fully comp was cheaper than TPFT, my mum worked in insurance and reckoned it was because being a young driver if you went full comp you were more likely to look after your car as statistically fully comp drivers were less likely to crash than TPFT.