London attack

Me matt

A UK police force already arms its officers on and off duty.

No it stays in his holster.

Sorry not happy about anyone bringing a loaded gun into my house

We require good reason to have and transport them it surely is a two way street

Not criticism just a view

While I appreciate why lots of people want all police to be armed

I can see massive problems for the police

Anyway just my thoughts

All the best

Of

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danger-Mouse, on 04 Jun 2017 - 6:27 PM, said:

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Numbers 31New International Version (NIV)

Vengeance on the Midianites

31 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people.”

3 So Moses said to the people, “Arm some of your men to go to war against the Midianites so that they may carry out the Lord’s vengeance on them. 4 Send into battle a thousand men from each of the tribes of Israel.” 5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel. 6 Moses sent them into battle, a thousand from each tribe, along with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the priest, who took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling.

7 They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

19 “Anyone who has killed someone or touched someone who was killed must stay outside the camp seven days. On the third and seventh days you must purify yourselves and your captives. 20 Purify every garment as well as everything made of leather, goat hair or wood.”

21 Then Eleazar the priest said to the soldiers who had gone into battle, “This is what is required by the law that the Lord gave Moses: 22 Gold, silver, bronze, iron, tin, lead 23 and anything else that can withstand fire must be put through the fire, and then it will be clean. But it must also be purified with the water of cleansing. And whatever cannot withstand fire must be put through that water. 24 On the seventh day wash your clothes and you will be clean. Then you may come into the camp.”

thing is though we don't carry any of this out, they do

I think this is half the problem with people expressing their opinion as though its a fact.

I know and have known for many years a large number of Muslims and although they are devout, they are not extremists, nor do they condone terrorist activities.

I will readily accept there are good and bad in all walks of life, but don't condemn the majority for the sins of the minority.

They may not condone extremism, but they may not condemn.

thing is though we don't carry any of this out, they do

I never said we do. I was simply providing the quotes someone asked for. :)

Christianity has had plenty of outrages committed in it's name. There's a very memorable quote by one churchman from the Albigensian Crusade. A Cathar city is about to be sacked and someone asks "What about the true Christians still in the city?" The churchman's reply . . . "Kill them all. God will take his own".

Fanatical belief in any system, be it religious or political is a very dangerous thing.

[quote name="neil w" post="3268463" timestamp="1496594943

The government, has to stop, spending money on the work shy. And spend It on the military. So they can protect the citizens of the UK.

In most situations they cannot protect the citizens of the UK; isn't that apparent?

I can't understand why an armed police officer entering a home would need to check and make safe his firearm! Defeats the entire purpose of being armed. As has been suggested; it simply remains in its holster.

Agreed, and what are you going to do anyway, you've either called the police for help, or you're wanted to be spoken to.

Interesting thread and debate

Not sure how to resolve it

But think

Arm all the police

So then a policeman calling at your house requesting to come in

Do you ask him to unload his firearm and show clear

There's a massive problem with arming the police

All police will assumed to be armed if you arm a high number makes them more of a target and massive pressure not fair on them

As I said don't know what the answer is but don't think giving a gun to every policeman is the right way

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

No need to clear sidearms,most use the Glock pistol same as the current Army service sidearm,there is no safety on the weapon itself,the safety is the leg / belt holster it's kept in.

A very high percentage of Muslims do not want to integrate, I asked someone I know who happens to be a Muslim the question why they seemed to have a closed door approach to integration and why they create their own society within that country, he said its the teachings of the Quran/Koran and its mosque elders that think we in the west are a bad influence on their young people and religious believes.

So long as this situation continues we will never have an integrated society and these attacks will continue.

A very high percentage of Muslims do not want to integrate, I asked someone I know who happens to be a Muslim the question why they seemed to have a closed door approach to integration and why they create their own society within that country, he said its the teachings of the Quran/Koran and its mosque elders that think we in the west are a bad influence on their young people and religious believes.

So long as this situation continues we will never have an integrated society and these attacks will continue.

Bang on Dave

I can't understand why an armed police officer entering a home would need to check and make safe his firearm! Defeats the entire purpose of being armed. As has been suggested; it simply remains in its holster.

Sorry scully

I said in the future when all police are armed not present day

When one assumes that at the moment the police only send armed police to the relevant problem however

In the future al would be armed and potentially visiting for a minor problem i.e. We have found your car burned out or we have caught the lads that stole your bike or witnessed a car accident

Bit of paperwork to do do you mind if I come in

Well yes I do if you're carrying a loaded gun

I live in Leeds and we have alwways welcomed religious minorities over many years.

Jews, Indians and now the Pakistani community. I know quite a few in both the Jewish and Indian & Sikh communities and they bemoan the fact that the Pakistani community for whatever reasons have never tried to integrate. as they have.

Edited by keg

No need to clear sidearms,most use the Glock pistol same as the current Army service sidearm,there is no safety on the weapon itself,the safety is the leg / belt holster it's kept in.

No need to clear a semi auto at a clay ground then the safety is on the gun and it's on its way into a slip (holster )

Sorry BB

Can't see any good coming out of arming all the police

That's what we have the armed forces for

well trained in the use of firearms

I'm not saying arm all police OF,I'm just clearing the issue of unloading a issue sidearm,the glock is used by police/military and there is no requirement to unload the weapon system,if it's fitted in the holster it is deemed safe,atb BB

We didnt unload or clear our rifles or sidearms when entering house in NI Bosnia Kosovo Iraq or Afghanistan. A military law enforcement grade weapon is a very different thing to a sporting gun weapon and gun handling are not quite the same and the level of training is miles apart.

I don't want to see the day that we have all police armed but I didn't want to see the day we had troops on our streets. I'm afraid it's coming sooner or later.

Edited by welshwarrior

We didnt unload or clear our rifles or sidearms when entering house in NI Bosnia Kosovo Iraq or Afghanistan. A military law enforcement grade weapon is a very different thing to a sporting gun weapon and gun handling are not quite the same and the level of training is miles apart.

I don't want to see the day that we have all police armed but I didn't want to see the day we had troops on our streets. I'm afraid it's coming sooner or later.

I agree I never had to clear weapons and never saw an accident or a ND in two years in NIrelad and we saw some incidents

It should be noted that London cabbies offered people free rides home after the attack. Whereas I believe Uber put their prices up.

It was the algorithm behind their surge pricing that did it. They switched it off once a human being realised what was happening. They have refunded all fares today making the journeys free. They did the same 2 weeks ago in Manchester.

I understand they are going to donate to the Manchester charity tonight a sum equal to all the Uber fares too and from the concert.

Edited by SNS

I think all police should be trained in fire arms , locked in the vehicles can't see a problem.

It would be a start, but to be effective they have to be carried on the person ready for immediate use not locked in cars.

Edited by ordnance

Guest stevo

Just my opinion but I would not trust 90% of the snot nosed police to be left in a room with an orange let alone to carry a firearm. It should be left to trained personnel i.e. Military personel that have real life experience and training of what they could be potentially facing

Edited by stevo

Exactly WW when in Bosnia we loaded when we arrived and unloaded when we left,apart from cleaning and changing mags weekly due to spring compression we were loaded 24/7 for 7 months

And the Glock is deemed safe enough to load at the beginning of a 12 HR shift and unloaded at the end of the shift!

As you say the training is much more rigid than someone chambering a couple of carts to shoot a rabbit lol,BB

Edited by Bluebarrels