London attack

Me matt

Quite agree with that.

I really wish the media would dumb down the coverage of the actual attackers and the details of the attacks. I know it's money to the media but seriously, if I owned a newspaper there is no way I would give the terrorists pleasure by publishing dramatic pieces.

Also, the words that politicians use to describe the attacks. Corbyn used 'brutal and shocking'. Words that they want to here and also fuel the publics anger.

Dumb it down and don't give them anything.

Unfortunately while I agree with you on not giving them publicity, there's probably just as many will complain that by not printing everything they must be trying to cover up something.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think worrying about what words politicians use is way down our list of worries, don't you? Its what they have done and continue to do or not do that worries me.

But what would you do, last time I checked the international terror watchlist there was 2 British homegrown names on it, how would you deal with people like them.

the election has to go on, its too symbolic if they stop that.

If you think about it- large gatherings of civilians at polling stations in every village, town and city 🤔 polling station attacks have happened else where in the world.

I think worrying about what words politicians use is way down our list of worries, don't you? Its what they have done and continue to do or not do that worries me.

It's not a worry is it, it's just something that I think should be toned down so it doesn't give them what they want and enjoy. Why give them that when it's so easy not to.

Do you really think that concerns me more then what they are doing!

But what would you do, last time I checked the international terror watchlist there was 2 British homegrown names on it, how would you deal with people like them.

you tell us, you keep pulling apart everybody's posts, maybe we don't know, but you obviously do know what to do...............so you tell us.

Unfortunately while I agree with you on not giving them publicity, there's probably just as many will complain that by not printing everything they must be trying to cover up something.

I'm not saying not to print details but not to use the style of coverage they use. They can still cover it but just stop giving them satisfaction with dramatic coverage and words that their sick minds will enjoy hearing.

you tell us, you keep pulling apart everybody's posts, maybe we don't know, but you obviously do know what to do...............so you tell us.

I don't know what to do, but when people post comments saying rubbish like "they need to do what needs to be done" all I want to know is what does that mean.

Stirring up random hatred is not the answer, after 9/11 attacks against Sikhs increased, after Paris the attacks on Jewish graves increased. Unfortunately some sections of society are unable to differentiate between groups.

Edited by toontastic

If they are on the watch list - inter them or deport if applicable.

How many times do we hear "x was on the watch list, x was known to the security forces"

As an aside Poland refused the immigration rules forced upon them. Resulting in zero attacks.

I do get quite angry with the Facebook "we are London-esque hashtag peace" nonsense. It's is utterly self delusionary and quite moronoic.

It's quite sad isn't, twitter was no better, some were more bothered about Islamophobia than the victims..... :no:

If they are on the watch list - inter them or deport if applicable.

Easily achievable for those with dual passports, deporting the better option.

How far would I go first of all I would make it so bad in the UK for all Muslims they would not want to live here ban Islam totally anybody caught in possession of the Koran jail them,Isis flag jail them,All Islamic clothing niqab burka Jim jams first offence £1000 fine.Second offence they are obviously radical jail them.Exactly how you are treated in some Muslim countries if you are not a Muslim.If you do not believe Islam is at war with the infidel you are stupidly naive.

Take the gloves off its far to late for that you already have lost huge chunks of cities down south i was watching a christian march threw luton the muslims came out and told them to get out it was there city and there country , they will take over britain in 20 years unless theres a great big clear out and it will never happen its only a matter of time till the take over

If human right stops us from deporting these known extremists,,why can't they be tagged like early release prisoners are.A GPS type as well as a timed curfew.

Its no just the well know extremists how many sleeper are coming into the country as refugees ?. we need to stop allowing them in and deporting any of them with any known history

Take the gloves off its far to late for that you already have lost huge chunks of cities down south i was watching a christian march threw luton the muslims came out and told them to get out it was there city and there country , they will take over britain in 20 years unless theres a great big clear out and it will never happen its only a matter of time till the take over

My wife's father use to say that they where building a sleeping army over here.He said that one day they will try and take the UK and no need to invade as they will be already here.I think that we need to wake up ,take a very hard approach,stop this pussyfooting about re upsetting anyone and everyone. Edited by Davyo

For years the people of this country have been brainwashed by the media and forced by law into accepting political correctness and positive discrimination by successive governments, in the name of equality!

I have news for them, equality is about fairness, equal treatment, equal opportunities and equal responsibilities it ain't about giving advantage to one section of society over another, or about ignoring unacceptable behaviour from one section of society because it might "upset" them! Or enforcing the law against one section of society but ignoring it when perpetrated by another! Or about employing people from one section of society, not because they are the best candidates for a job but because they are from an "under represented" group!

If statistics point to a certain type crime being commonly committed within a certain ethnic group, why do the police not target that ethnic group rather than waste resources looking at the whole of society for the criminals, because they really want to find the criminals or because they are frightened of being accused as being institutional racist! And appearing "politically incorrect"?

That is what I think when someone mentions "gloves off"........dump political correctness and concentrate on the most likely places.......and where are you most likely to find a Muslim Terrorist?........answers on a postcard please, as the government do not seem to know!

May giving big mention to internet companies providing safe spaces to terrorists to operate!

They'll be changing the legislation on internet privacy now surely?! Sounds like it's coming under review as are a few other things!

8 minutes to arrive on scene and no faffing about, they turned up and smoked the 3 of them! I was just saying, I couldn't get down the shops in 8 minutes!

Fair play to Met Police!

My thoughts to the innocent victims , just out on a Saturday night having fun. They have been attacked by zealots.

Historically Islam was held back to the Middle East, Turkey. Richard the Lionheart would fight the Moores if defeated would retreat to Rhodes and recover and go back and fight. We have not moved forward other than letting ethnic minorities into our country and fight there wars in our streets. When ever I have lived in other countries I have to live by there laws and traditions it would appear that we have held out the hand of friendship to others and we are now paying the price. If a person leaves our country to fight in a religious war they should loose the ability to return and melt into the background as heroes . It is time for the powers that be to wake up and protect the general public in which ever way they can by being selective in who we let roam the streets in our green and pleasant land.

My frustrated rant over!!!!!!!!!!!

May giving big mention to internet companies providing safe spaces to terrorists to operate!

They'll be changing the legislation on internet privacy now surely?! Sounds like it's coming under review as are a few other things!

8 minutes to arrive on scene and no faffing about, they turned up and smoked the 3 of them! I was just saying, I couldn't get down the shops in 8 minutes!

Fair play to Met Police!

I have no doubt as things grow worse ( and they will ) the government will crack down on the liberties and freedoms of the law abiding in an attempt to 'do something'.

If the government thinks it has problems now, just wait until the general public wake up and realise the police cannot protect them.

The death toll has now risen to seven and May has announced that 'enough is enough', and that we have to be less tolerant of extremism. We'll see.

I just grow angrier with each incident; I can't be the only one.

I cant and will never understand why we take back those so called extremists that leave our country to go to these so called training camps,, and then we allow them back in. WHAT'S ALL THAT ABOUT ???

Send them back strapped to a scud.

The death toll has now risen to seven and May has announced that 'enough is enough', and that we have to be less tolerant of extremism. We'll see.

I just grow angrier with each incident; I can't be the only one.

We will see i doubt there will be any changes, the type of changes and security measures that might make some differences would not be acceptable to most people and politicians in the UK.

Funny how social media can keep the identity of Jamie Bulger's killers secret.

A good start would be a law that warns ANY religion / religious area that it will be instantly closed down permanently if any terrorists have frequented that establishment.

It's time to take the gloves off, and throw civil liberties and human rights in thr bin.

No, it's time to take the gloves off and throw the civil liberties and human rights of anyone directly associated with terrorism in the bin, as soon as may got in the first thing she did was remove most of your privacy regarding communication of any sort, they can legally tap your phones, read all of your texts and emails, snoop into every aspect of your private life (these are the rights and freedom your grandparents died in the war to protect and people just gave them away freely because they were scared and spineless, my grandad would be turning in his grave right now as would everyone elses), this was done under the premise that it would prevent atrocities like Manchester, Westminster Bridge, Borough market from happening. Clearly it was nothing more than a load of bs that stupid Ignorant foolish people allowed to happen as it's hasn't made a blind bit if difference, however now anything you say in confidence that isn't done face to face is now the property of the government.

I refuse to believe that these tight knit Muslim communities are unaware of what these people are planning ahead of time, involvement can be as little as turning a blind eye or unhearing something, large areas of Birmingham are like impenetrable Islamic states, they can not go completely unnoticed within these areas. When the time comes these innocents will reveal which side they're on!

RIP Great Britain

I refuse to believe that these tight knit Muslim communities are unaware of what these people are planning ahead of time, involvement can be as little as turning a blind eye or unhearing something, large areas of Birmingham are like impenetrable Islamic states, they can not go completely unnoticed within these areas. When the time comes these innocents will reveal which side they're on!

RIP Great Britain

Like the many muslims who reported their concerns about the Manchester bomber?

Of the Mosque that banned him from going there because of his extremist views and also reported him?