Guy Martin TT Crash

Danger-Mouse

A lucky escape for Guy. I've never seen him look so shaken up as he does in this interview.

On a less serious note I spotted a brilliant quip in the comments

"I am thinking about buying a fireblade sp2, although I don't like the standard colours. I think for the new model it would look much better in beige or grey. A nice neutral colour to match the gearbox."

I think after this we may loose him off the road race circuit, Ulster and this both two very lucky escapes with his life he must be thinking long and hard how many second chances he has left in him. Massive shame as i really like the bloke.

Edited by ferguson_tom

Guest stevo

I think after this we may loose him off the road race circuit, Ulster and this both two very lucky escapes with his life he must be thinking long and hard how many second chances he has left in him. Massive shame as i really like the bloke.

As a Lincolnshire boy I would like to see him call it a day. He's a real genuine good guy. Yes he loves his bikes but he don't need to do it. He's already proved he can make superb TV programs. Bike racing apart from the obvious skill involved is about shear guts and confidence. Oh and balls the size of class M planets.

I can't help but feel after his last BIG crash his confidence may be a little dented and rightly so. Time to get out guy.

Don't forget the one on the IOM in 2010. The same year as Conor Cummins had a big one.(Watch it on Youtube and hold your breath)

Bike has tried to kill both McGuiness and Martin.

A press release says He's agreed to stay on with Honda and booked on to do the Southern 100 next month.

Not sure we'll see McGuiness again.

I would hate to see him end up crippled or worse, but it's in his make-up even though I feel he has nothing to prove.

Agreed. Although watching that interview it seemed like his own mortality was weighing on him a little. Perhaps he's realising it might be time to hang up his leathers.

He's one of life's characters that's for sure. And it's in his genes to push himself to the limits. Watch his series on breaking random bike, car, plane records. However he loathes being interviewed. Have a read of his book "when you dead you dead" you get an insight into who he is. Very funny book

My mrs thinks he's a bit of a loser but I've just said that I'd love his life.

He's honest, hardworking, genuine , one of life's real triers.

She says but he's never won .

I tell her he's got there by himself and needed no help.

I'd love a brew with him.

I'd hate to see him killed, injured etc. Hang his boots up ? No way as that's what makes him.

I will say he can't keep using life's up tho .

I used to think I'd never die but the past 10 years I've been to close .

My mrs thinks he's a bit of a loser but I've just said that I'd love his life.

He's honest, hardworking, genuine , one of life's real triers.

She says but he's never won .

I tell her he's got there by himself and needed no help.

I'd love a brew with him.

I'd hate to see him killed, injured etc. Hang his boots up ? No way as that's what makes him.

I will say he can't keep using life's up tho .

I used to think I'd never die but the past 10 years I've been to close .

He may not have won an IOM TT but he's won plenty of other titles. Not bad for a truck mechanic who refuses to go full time pro despite being offered the chance.

He seems to be a very genuine fella, just a bloke who works hard and enjoys his time doing the things he loves to do.

I'm with you TT, I'd happily sit down and have a brew with him.

Agreed. Although watching that interview it seemed like his own mortality was weighing on him a little. Perhaps he's realising it might be time to hang up his leathers.

I wish his sister would hang up hers. She has three small kids and from what some of the local lads tell me she is scary on a bike. Capable but scary.

This crash was on the first day of this years TT racing,

He did originally say that this year was a one off but then changed his mind because he said he thought why should he do all the development work just to see someone else race it,

Don't be surprised to see him back next year, at the time of that interview they didn't know if it was the bike or Guy that missed a gear.....

There must be enough of us to make a dinner with him as speaker?

I would definitely be up for that :good:

:shaun:

I think that interview shows a mixture of genuine shock, and anger! I think he is immensely annoyed at the bike! But trying not to let slip and slag it off. I think he was taking time to process what he was going to say, over what he WANTED to say. It that is indeed a fault with the Honda box! It's a damn dangerous one. Glad to see he walked away from that one! Here was me moaning after a hospital trip last week after a pushbike crash :lol: