best welly boots

colin lad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH Colin ive used a pair of Wetlands boots for 2 seasons beating and shooting and still ok for only £20 delivered from the bay of evil why pay 100 quid for a name.Barbed wire and blackthorn doesnt care if your wellies are Aigle or dunaplop theyl still pop holes in them .If these die il not be too fussed but if i,d forked out brand name money id be gutted .

Side tabs to adjust thick or thin sock size ,comfy and no leaks atb

My only thoughts were you get what you pay for so they say so was thinking spend a bit more for good quality, only reason is I have had cheep pairs and they not been the most comfy, now I have been told by doc's i have arthritis in my left foot so hence my thinking getting good quality boot, but open to any suggestions

Edited by colin lad

If it's comfort you're after Colin, putt on a pair of zipped Aigles.

I say zipped because they are a much closer fit around the ankles, unzipped have to be much more loose so you can squeeze into them.

Excellent quality, had mine few years now and still look brand new, probably most comfy wellies that I've tried anyway.

Mine are leather lined, not as warm as the neoprene ones but I can wear them in the summer too, for really cold weather the Aigle socks are also excellent.

I've read a number of posts around neoprene being too warm for the summer.

Edited by Cosd

TBH Colin ive used a pair of Wetlands boots for 2 seasons beating and shooting and still ok for only £20 delivered from the bay of evil why pay 100 quid for a name.Barbed wire and blackthorn doesnt care if your wellies are Aigle or dunaplop theyl still pop holes in them .If these die il not be too fussed but if i,d forked out brand name money id be gutted .

Side tabs to adjust thick or thin sock size ,comfy and no leaks atb

Cheapest available from builders merchants.ie Greenhams ect. I've had pairs that have lasted for years and have seen expensive ones wrecked on the first day out. Pot luck really.

Cheapest available from builders merchants.ie Greenhams ect. I've had pairs that have lasted for years and have seen expensive ones wrecked on the first day out. Pot luck really.

OP looking for comfort due to a condition, not the cheapest you can find!!

Edited by Cosd

AIGLE! I am a full time ghillie, I wear them 6 days a week, 10 month of the year. I have the neoprene lined ones and will last me about 3 years. Remember, Buy Cheap, Buy Twice!

agree, I am on my third pair in 10 years nice comfortable boot and hard wearing. paid £170 for my last pair from "mole valley farmers" but you can get cheaper if you shop around!

Hi

Aigle Parcour Iso 2's? when on offer at half the retail (£85) - another thread on here brought it to the fore. Still made in Le France.

I picked up a pair as many regular users rate them highly - pretty sure they will see me alright.

L

what would be your recommendations for the best welly boot's between £100-£150 cheaper if you know of some good one's but not much over budget Thanks Colin

OP looking for comfort due to a condition, not the cheapest you can find!!

There's no mention of a condition in the original post. It asks about welly boots between £100-£150 and cheaper.