women txt whilst driving

vampire

Cant believe how many young women/girls i see every day driving whilst looking at their phone on their lap,a woman tonight in a silver ford heading straight for me, i got nowhere to go because of deep ditch and was expecting a collision when she swerves at last minute.

Someones gonna get hurt soon.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe how many young women/girls i see every day driving whilst looking at their phone on their lap,a woman tonight in a silver ford heading straight for me, i got nowhere to go because of deep ditch and was expecting a collision when she swerves at last minute.

Someones gonna get hurt soon.

Has already happened multiple times.

My cousins friend lost her life. Police at the scene found her mobile in passenger footwell with a half written text on screen.

Also I dont think the title is correct. Should just be texting whilst driving, both Male and female are guilty of it

Edited by ShootingEgg

I watched a woman in my rear view mirror this afternoon, eyes down at lap level, 2 kids in the car. As I slowed gently at a red light she came up behind fast and realised at the last moment I'd stopped. Emergency stop for her, brown trouser moment for me. Stupid bitch. I wanted to get out and remove her phone, maybe post it in a nearby drain or smash it on the road but what good would that do? She was female, vacant and stupid, she wouldn't understand.

unfortunately her kind still breed and always will. Darwin was wrong, the stupid bitches are self perpetuating.

It's not just women I see plenty of blokes still doing it, 6 points now but people aren't put off.

I mentioned about a prog that was on in the week, dash cams and CCTV one fella on a motorbike was properly shouting at folk on phones whilst filming them, and it also showed the police using a HGV so higher up to catch people, but as my misses said there should have been two coppers as he was driving and looking down to see what people were doing

Not just women,I'd say it's 50/50 to be honest.Nearly all new cars have bluetooth so their is no excuse for holding one to you lug.However Texting facilities are not on most cars but its not an excuse to text.Ford have it on their Sync systems,so if Ford can do it they all can.What really pees me off is when you see someone in a £50k plus motor using a phone.Id also add that it's probably not texting they are doing.It will be them getting their Facebook fix.Maybee the only thing to get the message across is a 3 month ban and a 3k fine.

Just add,saw a idiot van driver checking over his paperwork while driving and an abundance of big satnav units stuck smack bang in the centre if windscreens.

Edited by Davyo

happened to me about 5 years ago............going shooting with my mate, travelling the back way to stratton-strawless...come up to a difficult junction....then "CRUMP"...brand new vauxhall corsa back ends me...im spitting blood and feathers...i get out and woman gets out apologising...moans that her husband is not going to be pleased as this was the2ND time IN a MONTH IT HAD HAPPENED...i move forward to seperate the landi and car (as the corsa was impalled and caught up on my tow hook...and pull the front of her car off !!!

bumper ...light clusters...radiator....what a mess...it was defo a write off...not a scratch on the landi........

Not just women,I'd say it's 50/50 to be honest.Nearly all new cars have bluetooth so their is no excuse for holding one to you lug.However Texting facilities are not on most cars but its not an excuse to text.Ford have it on their Sync systems,so if Ford can do it they all can.What really pees me off is when you see someone in a £50k plus motor using a phone.Id also add that it's probably not texting they are doing.It will be them getting their Facebook fix.Maybee the only thing to get the message across is a 3 month ban and a 3k fine.

Just add,saw a idiot van driver checking over his paperwork while driving and an abundance of big satnav units stuck smack bang in the centre if windscreens.

Saw one female driver the other day with sat nav bang in her line of vision on windscreen. She was actually moving her head to the side to see round it I kid you not! Ridiculous.

Wonder how many people have been backended by people fiddling/looking at the screens on dash cams.Now that I would find funny,"eh officer I was just trying to capture the bad driving of the car in front"

(again another item rants 9 times out of 10 slap bang in the middle of the screen)

Edited by Davyo

Take the reg number , report them , make an official complaint with the time and place of the incident . Police should then prosecute .

There is enough publicity about not doing it but still it persists .

Police should then prosecute :hmm: if only :lol:

happened to me about 5 years ago............going shooting with my mate, travelling the back way to stratton-strawless...come up to a difficult junction....then "CRUMP"...brand new vauxhall corsa back ends me...im spitting blood and feathers...i get out and woman gets out apologising...moans that her husband is not going to be pleased as this was the2ND time IN a MONTH IT HAD HAPPENED...i move forward to seperate the landi and car (as the corsa was impalled and caught up on my tow hook...and pull the front of her car off !!!

bumper ...light clusters...radiator....what a mess...it was defo a write off...not a scratch on the landi........

Its always best to drive a big strong car/truck then if you do get hit by another car they come off worst a bit like why in America they like driving big pickup trucks lots of metal to crumble before it gets near to that driver.

In the long run all of these problems will be solved as cars get cleverer lots of new cars will slow down if you get to close to the car in front we will have driver less cars soon but or at least cars that take control if it thinks the driver is doing something wrong.

I drove 300 miles on motorway and dual carriageways yesterday. I saw many people driving whilst using phones to text or email, and obviously countless talking on the phone hand to ear style.

Think in that journey I saw only 2 police cars also, so the chance of getting caught is slim

Any phone use hand held or otherwise should be banned in vehicles, it distracts the driver from doing what they should be concentrating on, and that's being aware of what's going on around them at all times.

Absolutely right,,no communication systems at all when a vehicle is in motion.

Saw one female driver the other day with sat nav bang in her line of vision on windscreen. She was actually moving her head to the side to see round it I kid you not! Ridiculous.

I used to drive back regularly from South Wales to London on a Sunday night on the M4 in the dark. The number of times I saw this is beyond belief. Lit up at night they look even worse. It is an offence to have restricted vision. And I have seen people apparently watching films on their phones as they drive along

So why don't the police do anything about it? I can tell you why, if they were able to keep the fines they would be all over seatbelts, mobile phones, obstructed windscreens, nudge bars, tinted windows, missing front number plates etc, but because they don't make anything from it - why bother?

Councils make huge incomes from parking but the police have a funding crisis. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me to allow them to keep their fines

Edited by Vince Green