Beggers

fatchap

On my way into London I use the Highway in Wapping, there are two petrol stations sort of opposite each other at the Tower Bridge end. Every morning there is a beggar outside the door of each station.

I have nothing against people who have no other option other than to beg to get by, but the two who "work" these two stations proper take the biscuit!. The one that sits outside the station heading into London arrives for work on a Specialized mountain bike, not cheap which he dosn't even try to hide, and also sports a pair of Jordan trainers and a SuperDry jacket.

The other one is similarly dressed and gets dropped off and picked up by his wife/girlfriend in a 17 plate BMW!!

What amazes me is people still give them change. Its obvious they ain't short of a few quid. And the petrol station staff just let them get on with it.

The chap who works the garage on the opposite side on the way out of London even offers a dog sitting service for dog walkers who want to do a bit of shopping, Both garages are the supermarket type so people park at the pumps to do thier shopping, something else that annoys me but thats another story.

Is this what begging has become now? .

Edited by fatchap

Some years ago back in the bad days of Maggie Thatcher a bloke used to sit in the middle of Hastings on a corner opposite to Woolworths (gone now) and McDonald's. He was a big fat bloke who had a beard and always wore a dirty green great coat. He never actually begged or asked for anything but passers by used to go and buy him McDonald's and give him money. Some times he would have a dog with him. I was told that someone had watched and followed him at the end of a day and he went to a car park where he took off the great coat and put it into the boot of a brand new Renault. Apparently he had a nice house also!!! I also heard that beggars in London can do up in the £800 a week. Nice money if you're shameless enough to do it.

i'm in Hastings nearly every day. There are quite a few, but two in particular. One sits in the underpass near Mc Donalds and often, in blatant view, is playing with his Iphone 6. The other begs near the Trinity church, when working, but when not, is often in town dressed in smart clothes with immaculate white trainers. He always looks away when i catch his eye in town.

On my way into London I use the Highway in Wapping, there are two petrol stations sort of opposite each other at the Tower Bridge end. Every morning there is a beggar outside the door of each station.

I have nothing against people who have no other option other than to beg to get by, but the two who "work" these two stations proper take the biscuit!. The one that sits outside the station heading into London arrives for work on a Specialized mountain bike, not cheap which he dosn't even try to hide, and also sports a pair of Jordan trainers and a SuperDry jacket.

The other one is similarly dressed and gets dropped off and picked up by his wife/girlfriend in a 17 plate BMW!!

What amazes me is people still give them change. Its obvious they ain't short of a few quid. And the petrol station staff just let them get on with it.

The chap who works the garage on the opposite side on the way out of London even offers a dog sitting service for dog walkers who want to do a bit of shopping, Both garages are the supermarket type so people park at the pumps to do thier shopping, something else that annoys me but thats another story.

Is this what begging has become now? .

For a daily fee/ or cut from the takings?? I'm sure head office won't know about them!

Seems to be getting worse in Hastings. The woman who sits practically under the cashpoint machine, really winds me up, untill i tell her that the cashpoint doesn't give change! If you walk for 10mins in town at about 9pm, you will probably be approached by 6 or more people, who "need bus fair home", "money to put petrol in the car" or " I haven't eaten in 3 days". I know most of them now and remind them that they said the same thing last week and the week before.

Dean Street in Newcastle yesterday.Walked from the Quayside to Greys Monument.Passed half dozen of (allegidly) homeless,also two guys pushing that magazine in your face.Unfortunatly to poor guy who stepped in front of me waving some leaflet or other ended up getting both barrels.

When will we ever be able to go out without been pestered by thse people?I see them all in the same light,be it homeless or some Muppet trying to flog Sky.There should be illegal to bother people,be it on the street or some Muppet knocking on your door

Edited by Davyo

Dean Street in Newcastle yesterday.Walked from the Quayside to Greys Monument.Passed half dozen of (allegidly) homeless,also two guys pushing that magazine in your face.Unfortunatly to poor guy who stepped in front of me waving some leaflet or other ended up getting both barrels.

When will we ever be able to go out without been pestered by thse people?I see them all in the same light,be it homeless or some Muppet trying to flog Sky.There should be illegal to bother people,be it on the street or some Muppet knocking on your door

3skins, 1 female,2 male, shared a semi in Dunston, used to travel into town daily. they split up & begged all day, to return home in the evening, 1 male,s pitch was outside the Wheatsheaf on Clayton street with a board reading " Homeless & Hungry"

Got them found my way now......another one of the benefits of mass Eastern European invasion....sorry migration.

The vast majority I've seen are British ...

And as always, if people didn't give them money, they wouldn't do it! A fool and their money are easily parted!

Years ago I was asked to sort out a rat problem at a truck garage.

I looked around and spent a bit of time there.

I spoke with the workshop manager and asked him to tell the mechanics to stop throwing the crusts off their sandwiches all over the place. The result was less rats.

Shot some in the evening and put poison down, eventually no rats.

Stop giving money to beggars and they will go away.

I think its illegal to shoot beggars at night.

I doubt it......next they will be granted minority status and will become protected. They then, will be eligable to claim grants to further their chosen life style

We then, will be legally obliged to give money to them, as not doing so would be seen as discrimination.

There may even be an NVQ.

One of the son in laws who works in London was approached by a well dressed bloke who asked if son in law could give him a pound because he was 1£ short of his fare to his stop and he was worried about walking along the road at night from the station before. SIL thought that it was plausable and gave the bloke the £. A couple of weeks later the same bloke asked again. He was informed about a push bike. I suppose that if you were in a London station all day every day you could tap up hundreds in the course of a week and no tax to pay. No wonder that the bloke was well dressed.

I doubt it......next they will be granted minority status and will become protected. They then, will be eligable to claim grants to further their chosen life style

We then, will be legally obliged to give money to them, as not doing so would be seen as discrimination.

There may even be an NVQ.

It's about time we shooters claimed to be part of a subculture. Then we'd be protected.