House Prices

DannyS

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some new houses that have been built in the next village to me. They are on an old, very narrow, railway siding. Very cramped with tiny, courtyard gardens. You could clean the windows of the trains as they rush past. They are that close.

This is the website. Www.elsenhamhomes.co.uk

Note the description of them being in a "scenic and peaceful location". Also note that the drawings don't have the railway line on them at all (although the construction pictures do). £500K if you want one! No doubt they will sell.

Completely unsustainable and it's going to come crashing down. They're running out of ideas to prop up this bubble of a market. Help to buy schemes have only inflated it and now interest rates at historic lows, wait for a rate hike and then watch all these sub prime mortgages fall through. Half of the new builds are extremely poor quality and built with shoddy materials that won't last ten years. This year we will see a crash I reckon.

Edited by Whatmuff

Completely unsustainable and it's going to come crashing down. They're running out of ideas to prop up this bubble of a market. Help to buy schemes have only inflated it and now interest rates at historic lows, wait for a rate hike and then watch all these sub prime mortgages fall through. Half of the new builds are extremely poor quality and built with shoddy materials that won't last ten years. This year we will see a crash I reckon.

I think there will be a gradual correction but not a crash. There are still significantly more buyers than sellers out there.

At the moment there is but we've seen a slow down over the past 4 months and with borrowing at an all time high and now consumer debt is at an all time high. It's globally not just the UK this is happening. I can't see how we can sustain a debt based society like this in the future. And when people are buying a brand new shoe box in Kent for 500 grand on a 90% mortgage with 30% government help to buy and an Apr rate of 1.5% that is just insane!

As above, demand is out stripping supply and with every year that passes more people enter the housing market (net) and each year the nation under builds approximately 200,000 houses.

We're a small island and we'll be like Hong Kong soon enough :lol:

Edited by Mungler

All house prices as far as I am concerned should be how much it cost's to build.

Not as is Done now with agents getting fat on their guess's as to how much it should be..

The whole thing is an out of control mess..

I don't know about now but it used to be that every third house was pure profit.....

That was up here anyway

:shaun:

3 bed semi,garage ,conservatory uninterrupted view over fields,tidal river then fields,cul de sac and grassed area in front the size of 3 football pitches long,owned by the community so can never be built on.

Current approx value £125,000.

Yes it suck sometimes not being near a big town and big shops,and jobs are in short supply,but I wouldn't move anywhere else.

In Pembrokeshire you could buy a palace for some of the money that is being mentioned on here.lol.

Edited by welsh1

3 bed semi,garage ,conservatory uninterrupted view over fields,tidal river then fields,cul de sac and grassed area in front the size of 3 football pitches long,owned by the community so can never be built on.

Current approx value £125,000.

Yes it suck sometimes not being near a big town and big shops,and jobs are in short supply,but I wouldn't move anywhere else.

In Pembrokeshire you could buy a palace for some of the money that is being mentioned on here.lol.

Was there on the weekend. Whilst it would be lovely to buy a nice big house with a bit of land, lots of the shops and businesses are closing down, the refineries are being shut down and there's just generally not a lot there.

Whilst it's much more expensive in the city, there's load of work about and looads to do. We don't mind the high prices, as long as they stay high we won't lose any money.

4.75 times salary 5% deposit mortgages are ridiculous. Mortgages should be capped at three times & 10%. Let the market adjust to that.

Thats the problem with this country's economy, we've swapped substance and value for flimflammery and shylockism.

Edited by Uilleachan

Went to look at a place yesterday in Fakenham.

Nice house, nice little market town- but boy oh boy was it expensive...

Luckily for my bank account a gentleman placed a successful offer on it just after we viewed otherwise I'm sure the wife would have been badgering me for it.

Was in south Norfolk/North Suffolk over the weekend and saw some lovely villages, pricing near Stowmarket seems a bit more reasonable but then your away from everything.

4.75 times salary 5% deposit mortgages are ridiculous. Mortgages should be capped at three times & 10%. Let the market adjust to that.

Thats the problem with this country's economy, we've swapped substance and value for flimflammery and shylockism.

In interesting post, plus the first ever use of the words 'flimflammery' and 'shylockism' on Pigeon Watch I bet.

Had to laugh (otherwise id probably cry)

Theres a new housing development going up near me so thought id pop in to enquire.

The 3 bed semis - prices starting at £750k.....i laughed an left

I know house prices are ridiculous especially in the south east but really!?

Sorry but I just had to tell someone lol

I'm in Croxley green , the 1930's 3 bed semis sell for just under £700,000 here

Not that simple. You still have to prove affordability. It is nowhere near as easy as it used to be.

yes i remember self cert and 110% mortgages ,however sitting in on my daughters meeting with an adviser the affordability question wasnt really raised except for her other half £500 a month car loan .