Air weapons review.

Pigeon Shredder.

About time.if you need a licence for fishing. You should need one for shooting....ooh I forgot I already have one .I will add my air rifles to my shotgun or fac cert...sorted

I also will do the same but why should I ???

I've several air guns but I don't want the hassle when theirs no need.

I'll just sell them as another £70 for an air gun license is not needed.

About time.if you need a licence for fishing. You should need one for shooting....ooh I forgot I already have one .I will add my air rifles to my shotgun or fac cert...sorted

That's very short sighted .

If you licence air guns in England. You effectivly kill the airgun trade in Britain and a large part of Europe. Just like it's doing in Scotland. Airgun

Sales suffer. .so british manufacturers fold .good buy bsa ,airarms, daystate then .the UK is a big market for european gun makers as our airgun laws are quiet relaxed compared to a lot of Europe. So weirauch. Diana ,gammo, umarex, fx etc stop exportingvthem here .local shops suffer sale losses .and long term there are fewer and fewer new young shooters getting into shooting in general so they dont move on to shotguns and cf./rf .so sales decline there also and shops shut .no ammo .no spares .no new guns .end of your sport .Which ever shooting discipline you like best .

No licencing at grass roots is the death gong to all UK shooting make no mistake .

I see in the news that HM Gov are going to review licensing of air weapons after a request from a Suffolk coroner.

Also has the backing of MPs by all accounts.

A coroner? Are lots of people getting killed by air rifles in Suffolk?

The Police will prob kick this into touch bcos they couldnt cope with any increase in licensing.

As the population of England and Wales is nearly twelve times that of Scotland, you can assume approximately twelve times the air guns and twelve times the licenses to deal with? That’s going to be a massive headache to sort out, and they will be well aware of that before they make any decisions I’m sure.

So how will they know who currently has them ?

A most gun owners are law abiding people they will dutifully had them in when asked. Behind that there will also be severe jail/fine punishment for those who don't and are caught with them after the hand in deadline.

The people who actually misuse them of course won't bother and continue to misuse them as they usually have sweet FA to lose.

so if the licence comes in,do you not need a licence till your SGC runs out.

Who knows? Looks like it hasn’t even been discussed yet. Whatever happens, if anything, it’ll be a while yet I reckon. It’ll be a logistical nightmare to get them licensed though compared to Scotland, due to much higher numbers involved. Of course, the people they don’t want having the guns are the same people who won’t take any notice of any new restrictions anyway, so it would be a huge job to solve virtually nothing imo.

I'm old enough to remember the 10 shilling and sixpenny shotgun licences you got from the Post Office, no problems

in those good old days.

If we hadn't such a load of pusyfooting lefty people in charge and a sensible level of deterrants for the ******es in society

we would not need these stupid, expensive and unneccessary restrictions.

I'm getting into the twilight of my shooting life and would like the decent, law abiding people who shoot, being target of game

to have the immense pleasure that I have had ( still having really) :friends: .

Air rifle crime is not exactly a high priority for the Police. They are stretched to the limit as it is. Ok once in a while someone does something stupid. But once in a while a fox attacks a baby or someone goes nuts with a kitchen knife.

Worst case we will need to register the rifles online and maybe pay an annual fee. It wont kill the industry. If anything it would filter out the idiots that give the rest of us a bad name.

There is only one reason for introducing an airgun licence ,

And that's to remove large amounts of guns from the public domain.

The people pushing for it have said as much .

So any licence that comes in will do this .ie make it hard for the average person to own one .

Look at the Scottish version " shooting in the back yard isnt good reason for ownership ."

One simple condition like that catches 80% of the population .

As I said earlier (and can be seen in Scotland already)

Licencing will kill the airgun industry and have a knock on effect to the shooting community as a whole .

Also what the antis want .

It's worth noting that while you can continue to have airguns covered by your existing SGC/FAC until renewal, you can't purchase any more without an airgun licence.

They would indeed love to have large amounts of guns out of the public domain or off 'the streets'. The hand-in scheme in Scotland resulted in a good few being turned over (by law-abiding people) but in comparison to the total estimated figure it was few. The same scheme minus the licencing would have achieved the same result for less time and money.

Another consequence is that the market for second-hand airguns has crashed, lots of people sold them on to RFDs so it's flooded.

It's as if people couldn't see it coming. We are controlled in so many aspects of life now, pre payments, standing orders, plastic cashless paying systems, cameras covering vehicle movements, theres plenty more to come as well. You don't think that we'll be allowed to have guns for free do you?

What ever you do folks, don't throw away your catapults yet.