Dieting and Hungry ALL THE TIME

lord_seagrave

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drink two pints of water every hour throughout the day will cut hunger , ok you will spend more time peeing until your body gets used to it

You cannot mean 2 pints an hour?

That would be (for a day from say 07:00 to 21:00 (14 hours) of 28 pints or 3 1/2 gallons!

It is generally thought that about 2 litres, or about 3 1/2 pints of water/water based drink per day is a healthy 'minimum' and a litre (1 3/4 pints) an hour is considered a safe 'maximum' above which it can be dangerous. 2 pints an hour through the day is in the danger area.

I feel just the same honestly.

I've just found these pictures off my Facebook. The picture on the motorbike was with my now 11 year old daughter , I was 12st after a bad relationship.

The picture on the forklift was last year with my now 2 year old after being my happiest ever.

I'd like to loose a stone but my bmi is 30.6 ???

I'm physically strong and work in the building industry so the extra weight helps me out a lot.

I was 15st until I snapped my leg ;)

I don't drink at all or smoke :)

I suffer majorly with stomach acids so have to eat when I feel sick :/

Yep, your parents were right. :lol: Don't get hung up with BMI, it was never originally intended to measure individuals being a means to analyse groups or populations. 30.6 is considered overweight, but doesn't take into account that you are carrying more muscle than Mr Average. The best test I think is to stand in front of a full length mirror and be honest with yourself.

Yep, your parents were right. :lol: Don't get hung up with BMI, it was never originally intended to measure individuals being a means to analyse groups or populations. 30.6 is considered overweight, but doesn't take into account that you are carrying more muscle than Mr Average. The best test I think is to stand in front of a full length mirror and be honest with yourself.

Lol cheers :)

Honest with myself :/ well my ear sticks out, I've wonky legs ha ha :)

I know what you mean ;) and I'd like to be 15st again .

Edited by team tractor

The water thing is true the brain apparently cant differentiate between food hunger or needing a drink from the emptiness of your stomach. They say when you feel thirst you are actually dehydrated. A pint when you feel hungry works for me as well as a cup of coffee staves it off for a little while. Keeping your mind active is the biggest thing as boredom = the fridge door opening more than once.

I am 6 2 currently weigh 14 stone i went up to 16 stone was all round my stomach and my back a little under my arms, did not look that fat being tallish but first i noticed was chasing our young lab pup pup who had decided to run upstairs went up in three strides and i was out of breath.

So went the Doctors checked my blook everything and results came back ok, but said i was to go to the nurse get on a diet plan, Was not what i wanted at all, so i went in one night after work saw her and asked her what i needed to try and cut out on, i do not drink or smoke a pint every club meeting i go about 3 meetings a year so nothing, Then she said BREAD i told her she said i was eating too much she mentioned fizzy drinks it was summer i would drink a glass of coke or pepsi iron brew sometimes two everyday, she said hamburgers eat what you want but with no bread and pop stop just drink water i noticed nothing for about a month then it litteraly fell off me i was 14 stone again in 4 month unbelievable and i know its only a couple of stone or so but it was showing in my activity and i was feeling more tired, now i feel great.

I went from a 32 waist after stopping smoking, to a 36 waist, which is where I am now and have been for quite a few years now.

I tried the eat one day fast the next thing but all I could think about on those days was food; drive me crazy and I only lasted four days.

I dont diet now but have cut out sugar completely.

My son is studying to be a nutritionist for the NHS so he keeps me right.

Being self employed I find Im always busy and that seems to keep the weight down. I do a lot of dog walking.

BMI really just means youve got a height problem, try and be taller

Do heels count ;)

I went from a 32 waist after stopping smoking, to a 36 waist, which is where I am now and have been for quite a few years now.

I tried the eat one day fast the next thing but all I could think about on those days was food; drive me crazy and I only lasted four days.

Being self employed I find Im always busy and that seems to keep the weight down. I do a lot of dog walking.

I'm clocking 10-16 hours a day and find that's the problem.

Never time to find food so eat on the go

Where is your son training to be a dietician?

There is a lot to be said for having a large bowl of porridge for breakfast, a medium-sized, mainly protein and green vegetable or salad, lunch and a light evening meal.

We switched our meals around to do this and have lost weight - we sleep better too

After i had bother with my knee i had to loose weight and more than a pound our two a week that i asked the doctor for a gastric band and she referred me to a diet nurse who said at 7k your no getting a gastric band just get yourself in the frame of mind you want to loose weight and write me a list of everything you put in your mouth , after the first week i handed it to her and she says that's out thats out and just cut out anything that contains fat , so shopping now take a hour as i read the labels on everything .But i dont know if im lazy but left to my own devices i have two pints of tea for breaky miss out lunch then eat tea with the family . but my daughters no happy about this and says ive to eat porridge or all bran for breaky salad for lunch and a small meal with the family as thats what weight watchers allow but the nurse says your no on weight watchers your no allowed any sins etc . But whatever way somethings working ive lost 3 stones but last week only 2 lb was my lowest lose

It's worth looking at your Maintenance BMR (google it, there are loads of sites that will work it out).

Like with BMI your build (and in the case of BMR) activity levels need to be factored in, but once you've got the hang of how many calories a day / week you need to maintain the same weight it's pretty easy to establish that a 500 calorie deficit per day will lead to approximately 1lb per week weight loss.

I took on a more healthy diet just over three months ago after my cholesterol went through the roof, have rarely felt hungry and have enjoyed food and drink (alcohol too, generally G&T or scotch) more then ever, and I have lost 39lbs at the last count (Monday). This is by having about 800-1000 calories a day deficit from my maintenance BMR, and exercising a lot more. By exercise I mean being more active generally, not going mental running every night. I don't belong to a gym.

Absolute piece of cake (heh heh) and dead easy to do. In fact now it doesn't feel like a diet at all, it just feels like the normal way I eat and drink now, and I intend to keep it that way, it's great. So many benefits to shedding weight pre-50.

The Hairy Dieters books are very good in my opinion. Really nice, tasty food, easy to make and doesn't feel like a diet at all.

ED: Edited to say ditto on the porridge and honey for brekky. :good:

Edited by Thunderbird

Like all measures even BMR calcuators do not take into account build. All my adult life,even when at my fittest (training every week and running 4 times) using BMI I was obese despite having a low body fat, basically all muscle. Although 1.8m tall I am 50mm wider across the shoulders than average for the height (and yes it is a ******* getting a gun to fit I need at least an extra 10mm cast off)) so none of the calculators fit!!

Edited by Yellow Bear

BMI is just a rough guide, Jonny Wilkinson was classed as obese when he was winning the world cup, its all down to build.

The thing that is working for a lot of fellas I know is no booze on a school night, loads of dead calories in wine and beer, don't know how you would find it but loose women on ITV, they asked one of them how much wine they drank a week/month then brought out the equivalent number of mac d burgers in calories and asked would you eat these every week?

You don't mention if your eating any fruit during the day, fruit with the water maybe add in a boiled egg for healthy snack and cut the booze back things will start to shift.

Edited by Mice!