Weather forcast

ditchman

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, old'un said:

I have been out pigeon shooting today and yes it does sting a bit, must be mad.

Noooooo....the only thing I'd stand out in this for is a bit of shooting!  :yes: Local news has just reported 8 foot drifts....I'm assuming that's Alston but it doesn't really matter cos they usually close Hartside Pass due to lack of interest. I recall driving over Hartside to Alston in my sisters Ford Anglia back in the late '70's. The snow ploughs had cut a single lane all the way over and it was like driving up and then down a very long alley. It was worth the drive; we got engaged!  :) 

Drove to Screwfix today to buy a heater and couldn't believe it - They were closed due to bad weather and snow - so I went to toolstation instead - yep - also closed due to snow. There was no snow!!! I am old enough to remember going to school in 1963 - In those days nothing closed.:no:.

We have had very little snow here, just a light dusting but it’s a bitterly cold wind, its that cold the snow is not sticking but just being blown around like dust, it can only get better, after all…spring is just around the corner.:yes:

Just now, old'un said:

We have had very little snow here, just a light dusting but it’s a bitterly cold wind, its that cold the snow is not sticking but just being blown around like dust, it can only get better, after all…spring is just around the corner.

Similar to that here - probably 1 or 2 inches of very fine powdery snow, but a VERY cold strong gusting east wind

11 minutes ago, old'un said:

We have had very little snow here, just a light dusting but it’s a bitterly cold wind, its that cold the snow is not sticking but just being blown around like dust, it can only get better, after all…spring is just around the corner.

Well March has come in like a lion - let's hope it goes out like a lamb and that arrives early:yes:

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

no that's not right, the reason for all this snow is brexits fault.

Nothing to do with Brexit.  It's caused by diesel particles bought from VW and smuggled over by King Jong Un to save the badgers causing global warming

This morning my 16 year old Son tried not to get on the bus to school as he didn't feel safe on the roads in the snow, now because his Mother will not drive him to a friends house 12 miles away he is kicking off.

Time for a one sided conversation I think.

29 minutes ago, Scully said:

Noooooo....the only thing I'd stand out in this for is a bit of shooting!   Local news has just reported 8 foot drifts....I'm assuming that's Alston but it doesn't really matter cos they usually close Hartside Pass due to lack of interest. I recall driving over Hartside to Alston in my sisters Ford Anglia back in the late '70's. The snow ploughs had cut a single lane all the way over and it was like driving up and then down a very long alley. It was worth the drive; we got engaged!   

You were engaged to your sister? Didn't think you were from Norfolk.:lol:

25 minutes ago, bigrob said:

Drove to Screwfix today to buy a heater and couldn't believe it - They were closed due to bad weather and snow - so I went to toolstation instead - yep - also closed due to snow. There was no snow!!! I am old enough to remember going to school in 1963 - In those days nothing closed.:no:.

Not surprising they are both owned by the same group!

well there have been people stuck on the m62 for 5hrs the radio said earlier, news showed someone skiing down the street in Darwin and saddleworth moor was a white out. 50 odd car pile up near Bury i think it said.

so it might only be a bit of snow but its having one hell of an effect in some places.

I drove to work tonight, the wind was batting my car about on the M6, no snow at mine today just some proper cold wind. 

And the traffic folk tried towing a lorry out of the snow but only managed to set their 4*4 on fire, closing the road.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not surprising they are both owned by the same group!

Sorry but they aren’t. Both started by the same family but both sold off . Tool station is travis Perkins , wickes, benchmark etc.

screwfix is B&Q .

I only know this thanks to google :) 

Edited by team tractor

Made the decision not go go up to Eskdale today, we were going to do a bit of range shooting Saturday, stay over in Langholm then on to Gardeners. Sparkie and gingar have still decided to go up, (hope they get there ok) but I've cancelled and 're booked for the 31st. 

It's not my driving but the other cars on the road  like the BMW X5 I passed the other day.. 13mph on very light snow on a nice straight road.