Brexit - merged threads

scouser

2 minutes ago, JRDS said:

I don't know a single person who voted Leave that wants to Leave with any sort of 'deal', they just want all strings cut and to get out with No Deal. 

That’s my experience too. I meet lots of people through my work, conversation regularly gets around to brexit and without fail everyone I have spoken to have said they want no deal. And feelings are running very high, these people genuinely feel they are having their legitimate voice silenced by people who are arrogant enough to think they know better. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JRDS said:

I don't know a single person who voted Leave that wants to Leave with any sort of 'deal', they just want all strings cut and to get out with No Deal. 

I dont know a single person that thought voting leave would lead to these ridiculous shenanigans and double dealing.

Can you imagine if they had done this to the French ? 21 weeks theyve been rioting in various towns, people dead and thousands injured, and thats because they put fuel up 25p !

If this doesnt get resolved, and we leave, properly, very soon, its going to get nasty, all it takes is a catalyst, and it wont be just Brexit theyre protesting about.

2 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

That’s my experience too. I meet lots of people through my work, conversation regularly gets around to brexit and without fail everyone I have spoken to have said they want no deal. And feelings are running very high, these people genuinely feel they are having their legitimate voice silenced by people who are arrogant enough to think they know better. 

+1

I talk to people all day long, and thats exactly what Im hearing, even from remainers !

All this nonsense of leave not meaning to leave, to repeat again, there was absaloutly no doubt before the referendum that a vote to leave the EU was a vote to stop free movement of people, restore UK court supremacy, to come out of the single market and the customs Union, I would also add all the other core rules that makes up being an EU member, that would just be common sense, if you decide to leave a club, it doesn't mean you automatically make a new club with the same or broadly similar rules, with the same entity, I.e the EU, anyone arguing it does is either trying to subvert democracy or is a lunatic who can't grasp the meaning of LEAVE! 

I had a friend come here to stay for a few days recently. He voted remain. At the time of the referendum he said, "Oh well, it's not what I wanted but I respect the democratic result." NOW he says if there was another referendum he'd vote leave as he finds all this nonsense about "leave a little bit" and chasing shadows embarrassing. 

Just as well or he'd have been sleeping in his car. :lol:

If we were meant to specify exactly how much of the EU we wanted to leave, they should have put it on the ballot paper. 

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

He voted remain. At the time of the referendum he said, "Oh well, it's not what I wanted but I respect the democratic result." NOW he says if there was another referendum he'd vote leave as he finds all this nonsense about "leave a little bit" and chasing shadows embarrassing.

I am exactly the same, though I would also be happy with a 'good' deal (of some sort). 

I can't understand the mentality of posters on here who support and seem to gleefully revel in the ongoing conspiracy to subvert the democratic process!

The UK decided by majority in a democratic vote, to leave the EU......agree or not, everyone in the UK has a moral responsibility to get behind that democratic vote and make Brexit work for the future good of the UK.......there is at least one unpleasant name for those who don't/won't.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I stated that I know for a fact that not everybody who voted leave voted for no deal. 

How would you like me to prove this fact, what would satisfy you?

I would agree with this, although what was voted for was one of two options, they are either 1. a free trade deal or 2. No deal, they are the only way to leave the EU. The EU made clear at the start a free trade deal was out of the question which leaves by default a no deal brexit. 

38 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I stated that I know for a fact that not everybody who voted leave voted for no deal. 

How would you like me to prove this fact, what would satisfy you?

You can't prove it to me, because it is not a fact! Everyone who voted leave, just voted to leave.... that's what we were asked on the ballot paper..........it didn't ask, so people couldn't vote to only leave, if specific condition/s were met!

23 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

You can't prove it to me, because it is not a fact! Everyone who voted leave, just voted to leave.... that's what we were asked on the ballot paper..........it didn't ask, so people couldn't vote to only leave, if specific condition/s were met!

Correct 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

So if people who had voted leave told you they didn’t vote for no deal you’d still deny it as fact?

41 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Yes some world class ones on this thread! 

Sticks and stones and all that. When you resort to name calling the argument is well and truly lost.

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

So if people who had voted leave told you they didn’t vote for no deal you’d still deny it as fact?

They couldn't tell me that because it was not an option available on the ballot paper!  

The point is, if you leave a club or organisation, you leave, you don't leave a little bit, or leave but set a new club up with the same person and almost identical rules, it's just a play on words to ignore the referendum result and nobodys falling for it, though there are a few remainers buying into it in an attempt to block brexit from happening. 

Just now, panoma1 said:

They couldn't tell me that because it was not an option available on the ballot paper!  

I see where you are coming from but I’m afraid your argument is flawed because there are some leavers who are saying that no deal was exactly what they voted for and there are others who are saying it is not what they voted for.

Your argument is that a vote to leave meant leave and nobody is disputing that but I asserted that I know for a fact that some of the people who voted leave did not vote for no deal. I’m sorry but by any measure of logic or reasoning you are wrong. But hey it’s s free country...

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I see where you are coming from but I’m afraid your argument is flawed because there are some leavers who are saying that no deal was exactly what they voted for and there are others who are saying it is not what they voted for.

Your argument is that a vote to leave meant leave and nobody is disputing that but I asserted that I know for a fact that some of the people who voted leave did not vote for no deal. I’m sorry but by any measure of logic or reasoning you are wrong. But hey it’s s free country...

My arguement is not flawed at all, how could anyone vote for anything that was not on the ballot paper? Or did I miss the box on the ballot paper which said leave the EU............"but not without a deal" 

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The point is, if you leave a club or organisation, you leave, you don't leave a little bit, or leave but set a new club up with the same person and almost identical rules, it's just a play on words to ignore the referendum result and nobodys falling for it, though there are a few remainers buying into it in an attempt to block brexit from happening. 

But I’d hope you’d agree that this is just a tad more complicated than leaving a club?

I’m not playing on words, I’m asserting that not everybody who voted for the concept of leave agrees with the details.

How this can be denied giving the daily shenanigans in Parliament and everywhere else is beyond me.

I’m not pushing a remain agenda in this example, I am pointing out a very obvious detail that appears to be conveniently overlooked by nearly everyone who is apparently hell bent on a no deal Brexit.

There are very good reasons why the majority in Parliament are trying to avoid no deal anf if it happens it would be purely by accident.

For three years we’ve been told “we won, you lost so get over it”. We’re over it and just waiting for ardent Brexiteers to get over the fact that no deal ain’t happening unless Parliament mess up by epic proportions, as bad as they are they’re not that bad.

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

My arguement is not flawed at all, how could anyone vote for anything that was not on the ballot paper? Or did I miss the box on the ballot paper which said leave the EU............"but not without a deal" 

This is the second time we’ve been round this loop let’s just agree to disagree.

Who if you like we could try a compromise, how about I agree you’re right if you concede that no deal ain’t happening?

29 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Sticks and stones and all that. When you resort to name calling the argument is well and truly lost.

You should tell that to the remain camp.

From day 1 leavers have been called all sorts (some of which has been hinted at on here).

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Who if you like we could try a compromise, how about I agree you’re right if you concede that no deal ain’t happening?

I'll concede to that because there is no such thing as 'no deal' leaving on WTO is still a deal.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

This is the second time we’ve been round this loop let’s just agree to disagree.

Nope! I don't agree to disagree, your in the wrong and have failed to convince me otherwise! .......And I don't concede anything because neither you nor I "know for a fact" that leaving without a "deal" ain't happening!

Edited by panoma1
Discard irrelevant text!

It could quite easily be said that anyone who voted remain didn't know what they was voting for.

Did you vote to join the €, because there is a very good chance that it could be on the cards.

Let's not forget that the power of Veto is also going.

They can all debunk it as much as they like. Remember there will be no EU army!

So did you remainers know what you were voting for. (It's rhetorical I already know you didn't because the EU will do whatever they like).

Edited by Newbie to this

9 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Nope! I don't agree to disagree, your in the wrong and have failed to convince me otherwise! .......And I don't concede anything because neither you nor I "know for a fact" that leaving without a "deal" ain't happening!

Fair enough, you can argue black is white all day long but black is still black.

all this snipe-ing is getting boring ...........................face facts none of us small people can do a thing about what is about to happen...............the real stuff what you can get involved in is to VOTE.....

THAT IS WHEN THE REAL EXCREMENT WILL HAPPEN...........

trouble is the politicians dont realise that yet..........