Predictions on the next labour leadership

Mungler

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

woooowww talk about talking up a storm....its on the BBc 24hr news NOW..........the list of cadidates for the leadership ....aaannnddd Kinnock is not on it but Abbott is.....has been described as the "re-unnite candidate as she has connections with momentum and the unions and the old gaurd labourites.....................

be careful what you wish for ....

I reckon she has had connections with quite a few of the Labour old guard over the years. Not just Corbyn, I can't see any other reason to explain how she has led such a charmed life given her obvious lack of talent 

9 minutes ago, harkom said:

Is that Kinnock suggested for the new leader of the Labour party a member of the Kinnock family EU Gravy Train passengers? 

where yew bin................its their son...........and he is bloody married to the Danish prime minister ...or something like that ..

25 minutes ago, ditchman said:

where yew bin................its their son...........and he is bloody married to the Danish prime minister ...or something like that ..

Former Prime Minister 

Since leaving office she has picked up some cushy jobs another one on the gravy chain........and a questionable attitude to paying tax.

55 minutes ago, Scully said:

Jess Philips would be my prime candidate if I were a labour supporter. She is intelligent and tenacious; the only downside for me is that ever present shoulder ‘chip’ towards the perceived wealthy upper classes, which seems to come as part of the package of a labour politician. 

When you hear the report of Tamara Ecclestone being relieved of £50 million worth of jewellery, from her multi million £ mansion, I can understand why?

Some people might understand what I am about to say, some might not.

Given the intense media scrutiny on a daily basis, the relentless criticism and the character assassination. If you knew deep in your heart of hearts that you weren't really heavyweight enough to pull it off, why would you want to put yourself forward for the Job?

The names mentioned must know they haven't got the talent or the personal charisma to pull it off. So why start down a road that can only end in humiliation and failure?  

1 minute ago, Vince Green said:

Given the intense media scrutiny on a daily basis, the relentless criticism and the character assassination. If you knew deep in your heart of hearts that you weren't really heavyweight enough to pull it off, why would you want to put yourself forward for the Job?

The names mentioned must know they haven't got the talent or the personal charisma to pull it off. So why start down a road that can only end in humiliation and failure?  

Because that is the nature of public service. Particularly in politics. 

4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Career politicians will do anything to climb the greasy pole! Higher office equals more salary, more opportunities and bigger pension!

2 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Career politicians will do anything to climb the greasy pole! Higher office equals more salary, more opportunities and bigger pension!

... And lots of well paid non-jobs on the boards of various FTSE 100 companies together with after dinner speaking for enormous fees. AKA the Blair Principle.

My Grandfather used to say "if you are under 21 and don't vote Labour you haven't got a heart, if you are over 21 and vote Labour you havnt got a brain" this was the "working class" Grandfather who lived in a council house had a manual job and made sure his daughters were educated and became a teacher and a civil servant.

I grew up in the north east and had a heart, Labour politics were to do with heart, helping people to live decent lives and "better themselves", helping the community, supporting the weak.  I think Northern Protestentism played it's part. It involved a deep belief in equality and justice and everybody doing their part to make two ears of corn grow where only one has grown before.

Southern Labour is intellectual Labour, rhetoric Labour, do what I say not what I do because I know better Labour

Let's set a higher tax threshold at £85k just above our salaries of £79k because we are not privileged,  send our children to private schools because ,because it's different for us.

Mind you Rebecca Long-Baily is one of the rudest people I have ever heard treating anyone who disagrees with her as too stupid to understand the argument and she is northern well Manchester which is sort of north.

Apart from her compare  South vs North....

Kier Starmer reminds me of Robbie Rotten from Lazytown....South

Emily Thornberry is the epitome of Islington but more slippery.......South

Angela Rayner comes across well.....North

Jess Phillips would get my vote......North

17 minutes ago, oowee said:

Easy money :lol: Its hardly a kings ransom. 

Not many would do the job for what they get. They could be out of a job in a few years. 

80k a year plus untold unchallenged expenses. I think there would be a long queue. And if you watch the parliament on TV you will see most days of the week there is hardly anyone in there. 

Edited by bostonmick