Lockdown

DazAllison

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, AVB said:

My wife’s step mum runs a construction company. Three of their vans (one person per van) were stopped at traffic lights on Friday and two people were throwing abuse at them “stay at home you ******* idiots, save lives etc.” Little did they know that they site they were working on is a Hospital. 

My OH works in a care home and has 20 dementia patients on her wing including 2 in isolation having tested positive for covid 19.

Someone on the bus told her as she's not a PROPER nurse she shouldn't be going to work.

42 minutes ago, toontastic said:

My OH works in a care home and has 20 dementia patients on her wing including 2 in isolation having tested positive for covid 19.

Someone on the bus told her as she's not a PROPER nurse she shouldn't be going to work.

Too many idiots still out there!

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what planet do they live on ? U ra nis !!!!!!!

You've no idea, the local supermarket has a hour set aside for NHS staff and carers but she and my daughter both got refused entry as they don't recognize non NHS nurses and carers. 

Just now, toontastic said:

You've no idea, the local supermarket has a hour set aside for NHS staff and carers but she and my daughter both got refused entry as they don't recognize non NHS nurses and carers. 

hello, i do being of older age i still had to join the queue in Tesco, i thought it was all nurses and care staff ?

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

i thought it was all nurses and care staff ?

No, Sainsbury's are the only supermarket recognizing all nurses and carers. All other supermarkets only recognise nurses and carers if they work directly for the NHS

My stepdaughter took her ID and a local authority letter confirming her role to our local Morrisons and they refused to allow her in.

Edited by toontastic

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Too many idiots still out there!

look it is quite simple really. People with dementia do need care.. More so now in this time of need they  cannot do what we can...look after number one and family.

So yes she would and indeed is a MOST needed worker... BUT lets also make sure that she is herself protected with the right top class PPE. I would go further and not let her and others use the bus.. Use taxis for essential workers to take them to and from work. I belive the next few weeks we will see it  become a total  lockdown ALL stay in ... No one outside at all except the police and army.. Never... In great  britain has this happened.. Thats what we face if we put self interest before all else .... God forbid.

2 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

I was in a hide shooting pigeons last Sunday and got sun burnt! Cold wind chill today. Lost folk walking everywhere. . . . Is it just me or dose the air seem to smell different/fresher at mo? Bit like sea air.  NB

Me and her good self have said exactly the same thing.

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

No, Sainsbury's are the only supermarket recognizing all nurses and carers. All other supermarkets only recognise nurses and carers if they work directly for the NHS

My stepdaughter took her ID and a local authority letter confirming her role to our local Morrisons and they refused to allow her in.

hello, what some ******, one to boycott when all this lock down has finished, any of her fellow workers had this,

10 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Now that someone has come out and officially said the lock down could last 3 to 6 months, do you think the powers that be will be able to hold it together?

Italy is starting to struggle.

It depends, if you mean do I think the gov will keep control, I've no doubt, the army would be on the streets if necessary, will people start fighting and looting, time will tell.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Italy is starting to struggle.

It depends, if you mean do I think the gov will keep control, I've no doubt, the army would be on the streets if necessary, will people start fighting and looting, time will tell.

We don’t have that big an army though and the police have admitted that they wouldn’t be able to cope. There will a breakdown in law and order imo. Make sure you have got enough shotgun cartridges. You’ll need them. 

1 minute ago, AVB said:

We don’t have that big an army though and the police have admitted that they wouldn’t be able to cope. There will a breakdown in law and order imo. Make sure you have got enough shotgun cartridges. You’ll need them. 

Yeah I'm sure it's possible to have a rough ride. However I don't think the government will be losing its seat of power

1 minute ago, AVB said:

They were my one and only panic buy, got enough now for another rorkes drift if required.

2 minutes ago, wishy735 said:

They were my one and only panic buy, got enough now for another rorkes drift if required.

Me too. I didn’t go out and buy any extra but the result of the many clear outs I have done recently is the uncovering of slabs of shells that I didn’t realise I had. I am training the children to reload quickly. Only have three guns though and four of us so somebody will need to be tasked with bringing forward the ammo as per Rorkes Drift. 

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yeah I'm sure it's possible to have a rough ride. However I don't think the government will be losing its seat of power

It won’t. Special powers will be brought in keeping them in power. The army and police will be concentrated around them and the major cities. The rest of the country will be left to fend for itself. All imo of course. 

I've just watched the interview from early saying it could be 6 months?? With the number of deaths we're seeing I cant see that, Italy and Spain are getting towards a 1000 a day but thankfully we aren't anywhere near that bad.

Unless things take a real turn for the worse I can't see people sitting in their homes for the next 6 months, I think that's a scare tactic to keep people indoors for another 4 or 5 weeks.

Germany have done loads more testing,  had fewer cases and deaths,  could Italy and Spain's high numbers be because of several generations living together?

17 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've just watched the interview from early saying it could be 6 months?? With the number of deaths we're seeing I cant see that, Italy and Spain are getting towards a 1000 a day but thankfully we aren't anywhere near that bad.

Unless things take a real turn for the worse I can't see people sitting in their homes for the next 6 months, I think that's a scare tactic to keep people indoors for another 4 or 5 weeks.

Germany have done loads more testing,  had fewer cases and deaths,  could Italy and Spain's high numbers be because of several generations living together?

I completely disagree with that. I think we’ll be every bit as bad as Italy or Spain. 

39 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Germany is doing more testing so their death rate looks lower as a proportion of cases. We are not doing the testing so our death rate looks higher, when it is probaby the same but at a different life cycle stage. The UK advice if you get it, is to stay at home. If you turn up at hospital you wil be sent back without a test unless you are in a high risk category.

I suspect we will see an easing off, if we get a tail off in the rise then, tighten up and easee off again. 

Edited by oowee

It's wasn't full lockdown for 6 months. 

It was restrictions for 6 months. 

"It could be six months before life in the UK returns to "normal", England's deputy chief medical officer has said.

Speaking at the government's daily coronavirus briefing, Dr Jenny Harries added: "This is not to say we would be in complete lockdown for six months."

But, she continued, the UK had to be "responsible" in its actions and reduce social distancing measures "gradually". "

Let’s hope it’s not as bad as Italy or Spain 

the uk has 8000 ventilators (quite  a lot) 

and 1200 hospitals that’s (quite a lot to ) 

works out at about.....7 ....for a hospital near you 

stay indoors flatten out the curve 

the longer we can delay it the more that will survive it 

keep safe 

of