Police Action

Danger-Mouse

This is what the police are up against

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/east-london-newham-party-lockdown-social-distancing-a4407201.html

also, Brockwell Park in south London will be closed today after 3000 people decended on it yesterday in the sunshine, many of them sumbathing and picnicking in large groups

THEY JUST DON'T GET IT

Edited by Vince Green

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, walshie said:

Surely the "self-important" ones are the ones who think they are exempt from basic rules because the have an FAC which makes them virology experts?

There's nothing self-important about minding one's own business and doing one's best to keep going during this very testing time for all of us.  Many people are fully capable of acting with common sense and being mindful of the problem we face with this virus - there's no "ology" required if you've been blessed with even a modest amount of intelligence.

There are some contributors to this forum who've innocently made the mistake of being too honest in sharing tales of their day-to-day lives, only to end up being attacked by the Forum Fascists  - people who probably wouldn't say boo to a goose face to face but they're tough as f@%& from behind a screen and keyboard.

It saddens me that this will only serve to deter the more senior amongst us from contributing, sharing and communicating through these forums - for many it could be a very significant part of their lifeline to the rest of the world whilst they are isolated from most of their family and friends. We like to consider ourselves amongst like-minded people when we use a forum catering for a hobby/pastime/obsession (whatever you want to call it) so to get attacked from within the forum is a deeply hurtful thing for some folks to deal with.

Me, I don't give a monkeys, you can call me what you like as long as you'd say the same thing standing in front of me (6ft away of course).

I think this gentleman says it better than me:

10 hours ago, JKD said:

...there are so many different circumstances in everyone's life, but still people base their opinions and feelings on their own circumstances, without thinking of the bigger picture,,, IMHO 😉

Respect and good health to everyone 👍

On 05/04/2020 at 23:07, Jim Neal said:

There's nothing self-important about minding one's own business and doing one's best to keep going during this very testing time for all of us.  Many people are fully capable of acting with common sense and being mindful of the problem we face with this virus - there's no "ology" required if you've been blessed with even a modest amount of intelligence.

There are some contributors to this forum who've innocently made the mistake of being too honest in sharing tales of their day-to-day lives, only to end up being attacked by the Forum Fascists  - people who probably wouldn't say boo to a goose face to face but they're tough as @%& from behind a screen and keyboard.

It saddens me that this will only serve to deter the more senior amongst us from contributing, sharing and communicating through these forums - for many it could be a very significant part of their lifeline to the rest of the world whilst they are isolated from most of their family and friends. We like to consider ourselves amongst like-minded people when we use a forum catering for a hobby/pastime/obsession (whatever you want to call it) so to get attacked from within the forum is a deeply hurtful thing for some folks to deal with.

Me, I don't give a monkeys, you can call me what you like as long as you'd say the same thing standing in front of me (6ft away of course).

I think this gentleman says it better than me:

I didn't call you anything. You're the one calling people names (Hitler, Fascists etc.) because they have a different opinion to you. If anyone is offended by being "attacked" on a forum, then perhaps forums with mostly adult male members isn't the place for them.

For the record, if I did call you anything, I'd be only too happy to say it to your face. Stop acting the hard man. It makes you look silly. 

Has she resigned as the CMO for Scotland? Or has she just stepped back from being the public face at Scotland’s Coronavirus press conferences? The cynic in me suspects the latter........and if this is the case, I doubt she will suffer any financial loss?

20 hours ago, walshie said:

I didn't call you anything. You're the one calling people names (Hitler, Fascists etc.) because they have a different opinion to you. If anyone is offended by being "attacked" on a forum, then perhaps forums with mostly adult male members isn't the place for them.

For the record, if I did call you anything, I'd be only too happy to say it to your face. Stop acting the hard man. It makes you look silly. 

The use of appropriate adjectives is somewhat different from the practice of name-calling.  You've got an extremely aggressive tone going on here.  I'm attempting to illustrate the point that maybe we should be helping to lift each other up rather than knocking other people down.

You've entirely misinterpreted my words; maybe it says a lot about your personality that you understood it as a square-up outside the pub after 10 pints of stella.  To clarify: I personally don't care what abusive people say to me and I have broad shoulders to take any flak fired at me, but there are some who are, sadly,  easily perturbed by bullies, and it is those who I wish to defend.

If you're judging anyone's eligibility to use this forum, maybe it would be wise to consider that if anyone thinks it's OK to attack, abuse or belittle other people on this forum, then maybe this forum isn't the place for them?

9 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

The use of appropriate adjectives is somewhat different from the practice of name-calling.  You've got an extremely aggressive tone going on here.  I'm attempting to illustrate the point that maybe we should be helping to lift each other up rather than knocking other people down.

You've entirely misinterpreted my words; maybe it says a lot about your personality that you understood it as a square-up outside the pub after 10 pints of stella.  To clarify: I personally don't care what abusive people say to me and I have broad shoulders to take any flak fired at me, but there are some who are, sadly,  easily perturbed by bullies, and it is those who I wish to defend.

If you're judging anyone's eligibility to use this forum, maybe it would be wise to consider that if anyone thinks it's OK to attack, abuse or belittle other people on this forum, then maybe this forum isn't the place for them?

Thank you Dr Freud. 

My wife and kids go out daily to walk the dogs. Usually around the block which is about 1 mile - if not then it is the school field which is about 20 yards from our house.

I am the one that goes out and does our shopping - exercising basic NBC training from my previous service. Everything brought back is disinfected and removed from outer packaging where possible. Purposefully avoiding places like Tesco due to the sheer numbers. CostCo (looking for flour predominantly which I found!!!) was a real eye opener - the number of families there was gob smacking - I had to laugh (the alternative was to cry) when the first people I saw had a 6 foot sapling tree in their trolley - necessities my ****

My wife has taken supplies to her parents who have been in lockdown for 4 weeks now - twice. They have a yard at the back of their sheltered bungalow which we are using as a clean room. My wife, again with limited PPE sprays and wipes everything down with the MIL under instructions to do the same.

Meanwhile our neighbors' eldest lad can be seen every day (same age as my eldest - 16)  going out with his skateboard in the afternoon returning in the evening - obviously meeting up with his mates etc.. his mum worked in the NHS - his dad is quite high up in a major bank!

38 minutes ago, discobob said:

Meanwhile our neighbors' eldest lad can be seen every day (same age as my eldest - 16)  going out with his skateboard in the afternoon returning in the evening - obviously meeting up with his mates etc.. his mum worked in the NHS - his dad is quite high up in a major bank!

I wish my son (15) would at least show some interest in going outside even if only to walk the dog or sit in the garden. He is taking isolation to an extreme. Never comes out of his room (x-box, Netflix etc) other than to raid the fridge. Is very pale, having not seen the sun for two weeks and is probably in the early stages of getting scurvy. 

None of this is because of Covid - he is simply being a teenager and relishing that he now no longer needs to revise for his GCSE’s

13 minutes ago, AVB said:

I wish my son (15) would at least show some interest in going outside even if only to walk the dog or sit in the garden. He is taking isolation to an extreme. Never comes out of his room (x-box, Netflix etc) other than to raid the fridge. Is very pale, having not seen the sun for two weeks and is probably in the early stages of getting scurvy. 

None of this is because of Covid - he is simply being a teenager and relishing that he now no longer needs to revise for his GCSE’s

Switch off the wifi 

My next door neighbours kids (34 and 32 ) have been self isolating and socially distancing for the last 15 years!

neither has a job....occasionally see them drifting across the kitchen , wearing dressing gowns of Gruffalo onesies and eating something from a bowl. NEVER see them outside, they make Michael Jackson look like he had a sun tan

Our neighbour has a son that’s about 17/18. I didn’t know they had a son for about 18 months of them living next door. I have seen him leave the house a handful of times in a couple of years. I do occasionally here him shouting at people while playing games over the internet. I don’t know about anybody else but I had one thing on my mind when I was 18 and it wasn’t playing games with people on the internet.

2 hours ago, AVB said:

Our youngest (14) is very active all over the "social media" type services (Tik Tok etc) and has friends all over the world - as well as doing his obsession which is Lego Animation - although the other day I taught him how to do full on light saber twirling (when I was a kid you was lucky to have a stick!!)

Our eldest does online Sim Racing so he does a lot of that - he was the DHL Fastest Lap at Silverstone last year but has now moved over to race GTE where he is in the professional class - but he has to cut the grass this afternoon!!!!

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

My next door neighbours kids (34 and 32 ) have been self isolating and socially distancing for the last 15 years!

neither has a job....occasionally see them drifting across the kitchen , wearing dressing gowns of Gruffalo onesies and eating something from a bowl. NEVER see them outside, they make Michael Jackson look like he had a sun tan

I hope that doesn't happen with ours - half looking forward to when they do leave!

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

This ^^^^ when he’s paying the bills he can have it on as long as he likes 

also he should be doing the course work as that could be the biggest part of exams this year 

School have actually said they don't need to do any more work as the grades will be based on mocks and assessment of work done to date. I feel they should have set some work (I don't know what they are going to set in the new term) but feel they are taking the easy option. Still keep on sending me bills though including a bill for £1,000 for the exams that they won't be sitting on the basis that they are still going to be charged by the exam boards! 

24 minutes ago, discobob said:

I hope that doesn't happen with ours - half looking forward to when they do leave!

We thought that!....ours are 33/35/37. 6 granddaughters and one step grandson between them. I see my son almost every day ( apart from the current situation) as I use his warehouse for all my deliveries and give him a hand driving the forklift. One daughter is about 20 minutes away. The other is with hubby deployed 2,500 miles away. They were here when it kicked off but managed to get a flight for them and their two girls from Brize.       We miss ALL of them every day and love it when they come around ( or will do, when allowed!), BUT sometimes it's nice when they go 😂

Cherish what you have whilst you have it

1 minute ago, Diver One said:

We thought that!....ours are 33/35/37. 6 granddaughters and one step grandson between them. I see my son almost every day ( apart from the current situation) as I use his warehouse for all my deliveries and give him a hand driving the forklift. One daughter is about 20 minutes away. The other is with hubby deployed 2,500 miles away. They were here when it kicked off but managed to get a flight for them and their two girls from Brize.       We miss ALL of them every day and love it when they come around ( or will do, when allowed!), BUT sometimes it's nice when they go 😂

Cherish what you have whilst you have it

I do every day :D but also cherish the thought of seeing them make their way in life - hopefully successfully.

Where are they based - Epi, Akrotiri??

I was stationed at Brize twice and Episkopi once - met my wife while there - as she says - a holiday romance that went wrong (and is still going wrong 26 years later 😁)

At the moment I am in a flat in London on lockdown, its a private block of four flats. The family in one of the ground floor flats has a little girl about five years old. Yesterday she was playing in the communal garden with two other kids and the three mums were sitting outside on a little patio area.

Hardly a major crime but some people simply don't understand the rules. Its the same as people having picnics in the parks at the weekend.  

On 29/03/2020 at 19:02, panoma1 said:

The majority of criticism of the police from the public is I think, due to the fact they do not work to any compulsory national standards or agreed service levels....one police area doing one thing, another doing another!.....they should not be allowed (as they seem to be at present) to interpret the law or choose which laws to enforce and how and when to do so, to suit themselves (or their political masters) they should be required in law, to work to a compulsory national standard and work to an agreed service level.

Look at the mess they have created with firearm licensing! By demanding applicants do as they say.....rather than complying with National guidance!

Should be one UK wide force.