After this ...changes ??

mad1

8 minutes ago, Diver One said:

spend more time with my ( now) 7 grand children

8 minutes ago, Diver One said:

so there isn't really much I would change apart from looking out more for others less fortunate and keep a bigger stock of bog rolls in

With 7 grandkids I think you'll be plenty busy and need the bog roll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

no grudge i was wild here’s one on village life local egg farmer caught his wife at it slapped her home in front of the whole village local bobby was clapping louder than anyone 

Same here!  So was i! Dad and head master beat it out of me! Really calmed down in early 20's after a couple of mates died. . . . . Weren't it still legal for hubby's to do that back then and women couldn't ask for a divorce till the 70's? Local bobby knew everything! Most coppers were hard but fair in my youth. Tho i didn't enjoy being strip searched for no wrong when i was 18. Even he said that was wrong.     NB

2 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Same here!  So was i! Dad and head master beat it out of me! Really calmed down in early 20's after a couple of mates died. . . . . Weren't it still legal for hubby's to do that back then and women couldn't ask for a divorce till the 70's? Local bobby knew everything! Most coppers were hard but fair in my youth. Tho i didn't enjoy being strip searched for no wrong when i was 18. Even he said that was wrong.     NB

you could walk through our village with a 12bore jonsey the bobby would only stop to make sure i wasn’t smoking and ask me to drop his mum rabbits next time i was poaching lol

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

you could walk through our village with a 12bore jonsey the bobby would only stop to make sure i wasn’t smoking and ask me to drop his mum rabbits next time i was poaching lol

My ol dad and granddads were proper knowledgeable  clever countrymen. Always said when it came to the game, always look after the bobby, doctor, teacher and vicar.   NB

Just now, NatureBoy said:

My ol dad and granddads were proper knowledgeable  clever countrymen. Always said when it came to the game, always look after the bobby, doctor, teacher and vicar.   NB

definitely true the old morals need to make a come back after all this madness of to the shop now first time in two weeks and the first time i been scared in donkeys years 

42 minutes ago, henry d said:

I have been challenged and find some solace in THIS article, probably not correct in all aspects but well thought through.

Interesting view and I hope alot of it is correct, unfortunately, there are alot of very powerful, wealthy people who don't want alot of that to happen. Time will tell

39 minutes ago, clangerman said:

no grudge i was wild here’s one on village life local egg farmer caught his wife at it slapped her home in front of the whole village local bobby was clapping louder than anyone 

What happened to the man she was caught with? Sauce for the goose...

25 minutes ago, clangerman said:

definitely true the old morals need to make a come back after all this madness of to the shop now first time in two weeks and the first time i been scared in donkeys years 

You've probably left it too late today? The mad rush is over it seems, people seem to be behaving,  although my mother in law said the same,  went shopping after two weeks but was worried about going out.

16 minutes ago, clangerman said:

Hopefully they will! Social media has made us physically anti social. Even some rural folk can hardly be bothered to speak or make eye contact. Maybe social isolation will eventually make us more social and appreciate others! Who knows! I may even find a new woman! Which is where i came in.:lol: . . . . . . Gota be done. Putting it off as long as i can. Would happily pay someone to do it for me! . . , Keep your distance!  . . .  NB

On 28/03/2020 at 17:27, eddoakley said:

Selling all of my property asap, closing businesses and giving up on trying to make something.

Always too many obstacles thrown in your way.

Don't really know what I will do but tired of trying to improve my lot and beating beaten back at every turn.

So time with family. Time for myself. Finish a few things that I have been too busy for (flying lessons etc) and just conform instead of trying to achieve more.

Edd

hello, will you keep your gun shop Edd ?

I’ve started taking more notice on what I spend money on and trying to cut back. Have renegotiated or in the process of renegotiating Car, house, heating and private health Insurance.

Also looking at all the magazine subscriptions that that the wife and I have and severely cutting back. 

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, will you keep your gun shop Edd ?

Honestly don't know at the moment.

I do know that I will be reassessing everything, not because of any virus or scare but because I think my businesses will be screwed.

Maybe the gun shop will.become my main focus work wise.

Edd

5 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Honestly don't know at the moment.

I do know that I will be reassessing everything, not because of any virus or scare but because I think my businesses will be screwed.

Maybe the gun shop will.become my main focus work wise.

Edd

hello, thats a shame, i think many businesses will be the same, my Son has a small Company, built it up over 10 years, employs 5, your gun shop sounds a good plan, what is the name again so i can note this down, cheers

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thats a shame, i think many businesses will be the same, my Son has a small Company, built it up over 10 years, employs 5, your gun shop sounds a good plan, what is the name again so i can note this down, cheers

I don't think the swear filter allows it-

Try Gun shop uk  (one word) dot co dot uk

Don't judge by the website, it's really not up to much and we have a lot more stock. Really will have to improve the website if it's to make enough to pay me a wage!

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

8 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

I don't think the swear filter allows it-

Try Gun shop uk 

Don't judge by the website, it's really not up to much and we have a lot more stock. Really will have to improve the website if it's to make enough to pay me a wage!

Edd

hello, thanks just noted down,

15 hours ago, clangerman said:

I know it's frowned upon to have a gun in public without a gunslip but back in the late 90s I was able to walk with my neighbour to fields he had permission on(about half a mile) and subsequently now I have permission with his 12bore under my arm and nobody batted an eyelid. Then when I got my licence in around 2003 I done the same walk on my own until I read an article that suggested it was illegal... haven't done it since but it's amazing how in rural(ish) areas that's reasonably normal or at least was  walk through a bigger town like that and the armed response unit nabs you.

When this is over - which I suspect is a year or more away as the Government aren't being truthful (who'd have thought it eh?) as to the duration of the restrictions, increased to 6 months yesterday, give it another 10 days and it will increase again.  

Back to the question - I'll be on top of the DIY so I want to get out and shooting...

I WILL NOT use JD sports, Sports Direct or Weatherspoons again due to how they have treated their employees and suppliers. 

I will support the likes of Ford Motor Company due to how they have supported their staff and the community. They have moved production over to respirators in some plants. 
Dyson look like they will also do the same. 

I will avoid all those shops that have raised prices to cash in. 

I will use the supermarkets that work the hardest to keep us safe and treat their staff well. 

I will wherever possible purchase from brands whose holding companies have quickly switched production lines to hand sanitiser and face masks. 

I will support the small businesses who fought to get through this. 

5 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I WILL NOT use JD sports, Sports Direct or Weatherspoons again due to how they have treated their employees and suppliers. 

I will support the likes of Ford Motor Company due to how they have supported their staff and the community. They have moved production over to respirators in some plants. 
Dyson look like they will also do the same. 

I will avoid all those shops that have raised prices to cash in. 

I will use the supermarkets that work the hardest to keep us safe and treat their staff well. 

I will wherever possible purchase from brands whose holding companies have quickly switched production lines to hand sanitiser and face masks. 

I will support the small businesses who fought to get through this. 

Similar here, I've already been avoiding Virgin and will continue to do so but the main change will be trying to buy less from the cheaper Chinese suppliers on eBay and paying a bit extra (for a usually better product) from a seller closer to home, although most of my shooting & reloading stuff is USA based so they'll still get support too (via UK dealers)