Update from BASC / DEFRA

4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I can only see the front page , does it allow for shooting over crops ?, or is it just rats and mice etc ?. Hopefully it's all cleared up now.

The word 'professional' is mentioned, might attempt to call them tomorrow to see whether it's qualified pest controllers only.

Screenshot_20200413-205113.png

Edited by Farmboy91

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Excellent 👍

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think the way it is interpreted but lets hope BASC will clarify, keep us posted:good:

Yeah I'm sure BASC will be on it shortly, I read it that way to be honest. 

Be nice if it did cover us lot too as they drilled the 27 acre field the other side of my house today 😂

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh well, at least it confirms the position as far as professional Pest Controllers are allowed to carry on.

That was never in question.

Pest control cannot be carried out from home.

You have always been able to go out and continue working if your work cannot be done from home.

All this does is confirms professional pest control as a key role and therefore entitled to send your children to school during the lockdown. 

Lots of interpretations as to what is ‘professional’ but regardless the BASC advice is still that if you are providing a pest control service at the request of a farmer you are fine to continue to provide that service. 

59 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Seems pretty clear to me if you’re job is pest control you can go to work 

You can go to work for any job if you can’t work from home and can maintain social distancing. 

12 minutes ago, clangerman said:

can’t wait to see the qualification that makes you a professional pest controller of wood pigeons lol 

It’s going to look pretty interesting for some when WJ question just how ‘essential’ decoying pigeons is when all this is over. 

If you’re self employed just ensure the landowner pays you. 👍🙂

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s going to look pretty interesting for some when WJ question just how ‘essential’ decoying pigeons is when all this is over. 

If you’re self employed just ensure the landowner pays you. 👍🙂

your right digging our own grave the anti nuts will be watching our lack of response also farmers are not going to allow any loss of grain this year they will just get someone else to shoot