POOR BORIS

marsh man

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lancer425 said:

Why i posted it. **** i hope Johnson is all right.

I know, honestly I thought he was going to break down at one point. Looked very nervous. Bet they're under tremendous pressure, and now it's possibly all on his shoulders. 

8 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I know, honestly I thought he was going to break down at one point. Looked very nervous. Bet they're under tremendous pressure, and now it's possibly all on his shoulders. 

Have to answer for the lying. ICU is a pretty serious move up from precaution.

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just watched the clip, strange question for her to ask if the government is ok?

Govt is split on the tactics. 

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

Yes, my lodger (The ICU Nurse) has he will almost undoubtedly be experiencing organ failure if they have admitted him as it is an incredibly serious move.

Last week they told us he was fine, this week he's admitted to ICU as a 'precaution'. 

I seriously suspect he is battling for his life as we speak. Thoughts and prayers with him. 

Some of it is a bit technical, but the symptoms, progress, treatment, and prognosis of Covid patients is pretty much covered in this post from an ICU doctor to an American university forum. https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3102444/1

I might not care for Boris politically, but I've nothing against him at all personally and this is a terrible virus. I very much hope he gets through this. 

I'm defo a Boris fan, even if mostly because of his Brexit force - support for which might get a bit wobbly in the coming weeks without his strength.

Someone confirm this for me please:  Wasn't he and his cabinet sat round a large table long after the social distance requests were made - and also bravely while perhaps foolishly, doing visits to hospitals and such - possibly to foil any media claims he wasn't being seen to be out there?

50 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Some of it is a bit technical, but the symptoms, progress, treatment, and prognosis of Covid patients is pretty much covered in this post from an ICU doctor to an American university forum. https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3102444/1

I might not care for Boris politically, but I've nothing against him at all personally and this is a terrible virus. I very much hope he gets through this. 

Way too technical for me to understand in the most part. This certainly jumped out at me though "worldwide 86% of covid 19 patients that go on a vent die."

Damn that's scary.

1 minute ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Way too technical for me to understand in the most part.

Locked down (we're under 24 hour curfew as of last night) in Saudi, I find that battling through these kind of technical articles is as good a way as any other to pass the time. If nothing else, I get to learn some new stuff. Google is a useful tool. Highlight any of the acronyms and do a search and it will usually throw up a wiki entry or similar that may (or may not!) shed some light.

The other thing that struck me in that piece was how fast some people succumb to a cytokine storm. And that's what's so scary about getting this virus. It's like sitting in on a game of Russian roulette.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Well, the managed reporting (lying) of Boris's health has been perfectly Soviet in style. And that's got to be a worry because in a democracy people need to have at least a basic underlying trust in what the government is telling them, particularly in a time of crisis. It shouldn't be the case that the public has to read between the lines of official pronouncements to try and fathom what's going on. And if the government lies (almost instinctively it seemed) about the health of the Prime Minister, what else is it lying about and how can anything it says be believed? Certainly all governments lie from time to time, but this culture of relentless dishonesty is not a good state of affairs at all and needs to be rolled back.

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Locked down (we're under 24 hour curfew as of last night) in Saudi, I find that battling through these kind of technical articles is as good a way as any other to pass the time. If nothing else, I get to learn some new stuff. Google is a useful tool. Highlight any of the acronyms and do a search and it will usually throw up a wiki entry or similar that may (or may not!) shed some light.

The other thing that struck me in that piece was how fast some people succumb to a cytokine storm. And that's what's so scary about getting this virus. It's like sitting in on a game of Russian roulette.

24 hour curfew huh, that must suck. Not that I've been out more than 2 or 3 times since we went into lockdown, but at least the option is there. I'm not sure how much I really want to know about the technical details of the virus. It's scary enough already.

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Well, the managed reporting (lying) of Boris's health has been perfectly Soviet in style. And that's got to be a worry because in a democracy people need to have at least a basic underlying trust in what the government is telling them, particularly in a time of crisis. It shouldn't be the case that the public has to read between the lines of official pronouncements to try and fathom what's going on. And if the government lies (almost instinctively it seemed) about the health of the Prime Minister, what else is it lying about and how can anything it says be believed? Certainly all governments lie from time to time, but this culture of relentless dishonesty is not a good state of affairs at all and needs to be rolled back.

Hippocratic oath. Doctors can't give out details on a patient, even when it is the PM.

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Certainly all governments lie from time to time

Certainly all governments tell the truth from time to time you mean?

If it's as bad as were thinking I'm not surprised that they have underplayed it,  he may have suddenly taken a turn for the worse?

BBC news have just said no change in his condition over night, still on oxygen but conscious.

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Managed lying? Gordon Bennett,  you don’t half let your obvious dislike of our government colour your posts! If it had been a Soviet style ‘management’ all we’d be hearing is that he’s still isolating at No 10, and he’s leading the battle from the front!
Get a grip please. 
We saw he was ill, it was stated he was ill, he himself stated he was ill. Then he went to hospital on the advice of his Doctor as his condition worsened, and now he’s in intensive care.

Yeah, sounds very much like a Soviet style cover up to me! 😳

5 hours ago, Retsdon said:

In your readings, have you come across any reference to cytokine storm suppression? There are people who know much more but I was just interested why they were going down the antiviral route almost exclusively.

7 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Not a doctor but off ventilator got to be a good thing. RIGHT ?

Has he ever been on it? It could be worse but if he needs oxygene something is wrong with his lungs, it's not a mild case anymore.

It may take the  rest of the quarantine period for him to be able to function without breathing aid.

/M