POOR BORIS

marsh man

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i reckon he will be clocking on week Monday morning at 9 am sharp,  latest was he is making a good improvement / some exercise and i am sure eating better

If he is stupid. If he follows advice it will take weeks.

/M

Boris is not invincible.  He has just had a 'near miss', and needs to be a bit sensible.  No 10/11, living above the office is unsuitable.  He needs to be away somewhere where he can be suitably securely 'in touch' but 'out of easy reach'.  My guess is he will go to somewhere like Chequers (or possibly Dorneywood or Chevening - all Government owned country houses) to recuperate where is partner can join him and security and suitable communication means is always present.

I am not a great Boris fan, but I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

If he is stupid. If he follows advice it will take weeks.

/M

hello, i read he is making very good progress according to his medical team,

37 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Tuesday. It's bank holiday Monday.

hello, you maybe right, or you might need to order some more wine gums

33 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Feels like a month of Sundays here.  Boris needs to be told to take it easy for a while but that doesn't mean he cannot talk to his team and pitch in with his thoughts. I would think that would be part of getting back to normallity. Physically he needs to listen to the medics.

hello, it was said he was playing a few games and watching some films, i wonder what he likes to watch?

58 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

i wonder what he likes to watch?

Allegedly : British comedy classic Withnail & I, Love Actually, Groundhog Day, Home Alone and Lord Of The Rings were loaded onto an iPad for him by No 10 staff (according to the Daily Mail).  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210367/Boris-Johnson-making-good-progress-recovery-coronavirus-Downing-Street-says.html

It will be interesting to see if his recent experience has changed him; These intense illnesses can change peoples views somewhat.

I make no secret of not being a big fan of Boris before he became party leader.  I didn't have a vote in his election (not a party member) - If I did have, I suspect it would have gone to Boris as the best candidate in the circumstances ("get Brexit done").  He won a stonking majority at the general election in December, and he has my 100% support at present.

49 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It will be interesting to see if his recent experience has changed him; These intense illnesses can change peoples views somewhat.

I make no secret of not being a big fan of Boris before he became party leader.  I didn't have a vote in his election (not a party member) - If I did have, I suspect it would have gone to Boris as the best candidate in the circumstances ("get Brexit done").  He won a stonking majority at the general election in December, and he has my 100% support at present.

Whilst I have been a critic of his in the past, and suspect I will be again in the future it's great to see him on the path to recovery at both the personal and national level - he's the best person we have right now to manage / lead us out of this crisis.

With regards to him changing, I think that is inevitable, the extent to which that affects his political policies remains to be seen but if nothing else the whole episode should have ensured we are able to enjoy the security we have from the NHS for many years to come. Some political commentators are already saying it will be difficult for aspects of the policies promised in his landslide GE victory to be delivered but, again, that remains to be seen.

The sooner he is well enough to be back at the helm the better.