Some People are just daft

Bigbob

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think your right, and the staff kept apologizing, and prices going up daily, 

Vote with your feet & don’t use supermarkets local corner shops would love to see you doing your weekly big shop with them.

Edited by blackbird

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, clangerman said:

try £175 for a SMALL loaf of bread for being robbed another store i won’t be using 

That must be a typo surely, or a joke!  Who in their right mind would ask for £175  for a loaf of bread? Secondly who in their right mind would expect someone to pay it?  

13 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

My thing is this.  He lives with his daughter.  They are not in contact with nothing or anyone outside their car.  I don’t see any problem with going for a walk, or a drive.  I mean you shouldn’t high five people  you pass but driving around a parking lot  with someone you live with is not spreading anything.  

Exactly. If it were the case indeed, then travelling full stop, would be banned. Like I said, apply a bit of common and get on with your life. 

I can't believe people are still saying but shooting or fishing on your own is fine, it probably would be but everyone has been told essential travel only, so food shopping,  work, medical needs. What else is there really?

Not one of the "we will be on our own in a field " brigade has yet answered,  what did you do during foot and mouth? Did you still go shooting?

As for busy shops, just dont go in, all the shops I have been to have mostly been making people wait to go in, I went in a large Tesco this week,  some people were following the one way system and some werent, so you keep out of peoples way.

Probably another 3 weeks of this yet.

13 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I can't believe people are still saying but shooting or fishing on your own is fine, it probably would be but everyone has been told essential travel only, so food shopping,  work, medical needs. What else is there really?

Not one of the "we will be on our own in a field " brigade has yet answered,  what did you do during foot and mouth? Did you still go shooting?

As for busy shops, just dont go in, all the shops I have been to have mostly been making people wait to go in, I went in a large Tesco this week,  some people were following the one way system and some werent, so you keep out of peoples way.

Now yer getting desperate. :lol:

Every time I went beach fishing I'd be at least 50 yards away from the next bloke to avoid snagging lines - in remarkably fresh air. 

Walking round private land where you have permission is lone exercise - but carrying a rifle with you is dastardly? Sorry but you need to think out of that box.

Foot and mouth was an agricultural disease spreading via livestock and the land - completely different - try growing up a bit. lol.

Edited by Dave-G

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

yes i shot twice during foot and mouth at the request of both farmers in a clear area but still with a complete clean down before and after and show the same common sense when going out now since day one i have not been closer than twenty feet to anyone when shooting unlike being forced into endless contact when undertaking shopping and such like when at home 

4 hours ago, welsh1 said:

I am not telling you what to do , i am though pointing out that as per the guidelines you should only be making essential journeys.

Do you think going fishing is an essential journey?
Or maybe a blast out on the bike?
or how about a picnic on the beach?

Because the police don't and have issued fines for all the above around the country, as you say it's up to the individual to justify their journey, you would hope though that people had the sense to know what essential travel is.

I would hope that people would work for the greater good of society and not just think of self in times like this.

I didn't say particularly you were telling me what to do, just that many on here and elsewhere suddenly feel they can tell others.

As to the rest of your questions, as so often the case in life, there are many gray areas (some black and White to), the lockdown laws are very ambiguous and that's intentionally so, it is because the government couldn't in haste write a law which is so far reaching and not have unintended consequences, that's why they've left it to the individual to be sure and if necessary, justify why their journey is essential. It is not for you, or me to guess at people's reasons to be out and reprimand them, that's for the police and ultimately the courts.

Edited by 12gauge82

49 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Foot and mouth was an agricultural disease spreading via livestock and the land - completely different - try growing up a bit. lol.

And this is spread by people going out and kills some of them!! Hense don't go out.

50 minutes ago, clangerman said:

yes i shot twice during foot and mouth at the request of both farmers in a clear area but still with a complete clean down before and after and show the same common sense when going out now since day one i have not been closer than twenty feet to anyone when shooting unlike being forced into endless contact when undertaking shopping and such like when at home 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

No, I didn't go shooting, but that was because we weren't allowed on the land, which is not the case now.

People are green laning, off road cycling, horse riding, walking, running, dog walking, and none are putting themselves or anyone else at risk. The only reason the couple still swimming go very early in the morning is because they know they will get the inevitable finger waggers , even though they aren't doing anything more extreme than those doing any of the above. Common sense. 

58 minutes ago, clangerman said:

Just to be clear,,you shot yourself once in the foot and put your foot in your mouth once. Sounds pretty average for you !

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

No, I didn't go shooting, but that was because we weren't allowed on the land, which is not the case now.

People are green laning, off road cycling, horse riding, walking, running, dog walking, and none are putting themselves or anyone else at risk. The only reason the couple still swimming go very early in the morning is because they know they will get the inevitable finger waggers , even though they aren't doing anything more extreme than those doing any of the above. Common sense. 

I disagree with you there green laning, cycling & horse riding are high risk hobbies as if you come a cropper you are putting the NHS under pressure which at this moment they can do without. As for shooting the risk of loosing your ticket is simply not worth a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I disagree with you there green laning, cycling & horse riding are high risk hobbies as if you come a cropper you are putting the NHS under pressure which at this moment they can do without. As for shooting the risk of loosing your ticket is simply not worth a few weeks.

Has anybody actually lost their ticket though? There were some rumours at the beginning but nothing confirmed. And most police forces and the BASC say no problem if performing pest control at the request of a landowner. 

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Fair enough, high risk they may be, but there's still plenty of people doing it. Walking the country lanes is also a high risk strategy, and because of lockdown there are a lot more people doing that than usual, ( I rounded a bend on a hill the other day to come up behind a bloke pushing a kid in a pram ! He wasn't even on the right side of the road! His choice of course, but extremely risky. ) and there is very little reduction in traffic once off the main roads....people are still travelling to work, farmers are still farming, milk is still being collected and there are even more delivery vans on the roads currently. 

I didn't mention shooting, but if you're worried about losing your tickets then don't go. 

40 minutes ago, Scully said:

First part, It kind of is, we're being told don't travel unless its essential, was it you said some farmers have got the virus or someone else?

I'll agree with the second part mostly,  there are loads of people out walking near my house, way more than normal,  but I think that's because folk aren't travelling so going for a local walk.

Can't see how anyone should be green laning, that's a definite no no, I would even say horse riding doesn't need to be happening,  but its quiet and people are off work so unless there is a real clampdown then people will still head out.

Personally I've not been out unless its work or shopping,  an hours walk each day avoiding other folk, it's not hard is it, stay home.

49 minutes ago, AVB said:

Has anybody actually lost their ticket though? There were some rumours at the beginning but nothing confirmed. And most police forces and the BASC say no problem if performing pest control at the request of a landowner. 

It’s probably bull**** people losing their tickets out shooting but if you had a fine for being out shooting it’s not going to look good on your application for renewal next time is it.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Now yer getting desperate.

Every time I went beach fishing I'd be at least 50 yards away from the next bloke to avoid snagging lines - in remarkably fresh air. 

Walking round private land where you have permission is lone exercise - but carrying a rifle with you is dastardly? Sorry but you need to think out of that box.

Always have a Fact check first .

IIRC you said you are in the at risk group due to underlying conditions and you want to go out fishing/shooting? With so many people wandering around the countryside for their exercise do you really want to be putting yourself at risk? You have no idea how many people will have passed the same way touched the same fencepost, gate...

18 hours ago, lancer425 said:

This is the reason people just can not be trusted, and as soon as you let the anglers shooters , Motorcycle trials riders " I do this" . Do their sport. how long until, any number of others claim they are socially distancing and what they doing is OK.   Tennis / cricket. Its all suppose doable staying 6foot apart.

Its not just the Doing of the sport, its everything that goes with it.

To keep off the hot potato pigeon shooting and sea Angling as posted. Lets by example look at trials. Car load bike on trailer rack or back of van/Truck.

Travel 10/ 20 miles to meeting or practice, But your travelling. Need to buy or have bought petrol/ oil Then, your in a car park unloading Your waiting, socially distanced or not your out there and have a remote risk of accident. Which then opens up a problem to the NHS/ you, visiting A&E contracting the virus, Were you a A symptomatic but never knew. Its a whole hornets nest that could create problems especially if millions of us are doing it. I do not think the sports themselves are a direct threat, but the broader picture could be different.

Green laners on motor bikes still doing it round here BUT how different are they from the two mountain bikers I came across..lost in the middle of the farm this week.

With regard to foot and mouth, car rallying was stopped back in the 70s becaue of an outbreak and can easily be transferred by even the wheels on a vehicle and shoes/boots.

The last foot and mouth closed a lot of farms. The government didn't need to do it the farmers did.  Access to most was only via a disinfectant regime.

I believe the problem is to a certain extent, politicians.  They all fighting amongst themselves and panic stricken if they make a decision it will be the wrong one and they will be out of a job.

Easy for Starmer to blab on and on but he has not really outlined how he would have dealt with it from day one.

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

Always have a Fact check first .

IIRC you said you are in the at risk group due to underlying conditions and you want to go out fishing/shooting? With so many people wandering around the countryside for their exercise do you really want to be putting yourself at risk? You have no idea how many people will have passed the same way touched the same fencepost, gate...

Made a purchase lately for cash? Then how many people have handled that change in the last 24hrs.  It doesn't matter where you go and what you touch these days then washing and disinfecting  are the order of the day.   Even if you stay indoors, what do you do with the letters and junk mail which drops through your door.   I think I have as much chance of catching this virus as I have of being run over in my own yard, because I take sensible common sense precautions.

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Easy for Starmer to blab on and on but he has not really outlined how he would have dealt with it from day one.

The great bonus of being in opposition is that you can say pretty much what you like (especially if it contains little 'substance') ....... because no one will ever know (or care actually) whether you were right or not.

What government says and does goes down in history. 

What the opposition says is largely forgotten and they don't 'do' anything to be remembered ......... so they are really in very safe territory!