Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every politician has done something not quite right, some of them have embezzled , obtained monies my means of fraud , took us into wars that have led to where we are now with terrorism, had alter egos and names such as Miranda , hidden from the public the truth about grooming gangs but on this occasion one of them broke "Guidelines" and all of a sudden he is "in the soup" and "got to go" pathetic.

44 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

Every politician has done something not quite right, some of them have embezzled , obtained monies my means of fraud , took us into wars that have led to where we are now with terrorism, had alter egos and names such as Miranda , hidden from the public the truth about grooming gangs but on this occasion one of them broke "Guidelines" and all of a sudden he is "in the soup" and "got to go" pathetic.

It is a report from The Guardian , what do you expect. They couldn't give a positive report if they tried. Pathetic excuse for a newspaper.

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

but on this occasion one of them broke "Guidelines"

Like Ferguson? Not that he's a politician. But Matt Hancock said he'd 'back any police action' against Ferguson for breaking the lockdown. Or Scotland's chief medical officer? Forced to resign. Of course, its nonsense that any capable person should be forced to resign but there's been a precedent set already. 

I don't care less either way. I just said it would be interesting. Anyway , every other paper in the country now has it as headline news...funny...

I think he's a vile article. But I also think that there's too many of these leaks by "celebrity coppers" and it needs to stop. There was no arrest, no charge, nothing. Just words of advice. Much as I think that the political health of the nation would be better without this guttersnipe I think that it is whoever leaked this incident is the one that should now be held to account not Mr Cummings over what should have been a closed matter.

Edited by enfieldspares

Yes lots of misinformation and over reaction from all sides, a guideline is just that and as for driving to your second home for lockdown then why not I know I would have if I were in there position. Just a hours drive down the road from me is Cornwall and some of them are bleating about people going there to second homes for lockdown but the same people are benefiting from the council tax paid on these homes. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8249237/Dominic-Cummings-lifts-lid-isolation-wife-young-son-ill-coronavirus.html

From back in April. It seems they concocted a whole false story about him being bed-ridden in London. And not just the Cummings's, but Number 10 also was putting out statements about how he was working from home. So either Cummings was lying to his employers as well, or the government was conniving in his lies to the press and public.

This takes it a bit if a step up....

Or maybe his parents were providing child care for his son whilst they isolated from his wife? Very one sided and take of calls to resign with little meat on the bones. Typical lefty paper. They would call for his resignation if he was seen walking on cracks in the pavement. 

3 hours ago, GingerCat said:

Or maybe his parents were providing child care for his son whilst they isolated from his wife?

Very probably they were. But what's your point? His motive for going has absolutely zilch to do with Downing Street conniving in the breakdown of the lockdown and then being party to an agreement to actively and deliberately mislead the country. That he got in his car and drove isn't the issue anymore.

IF he broke the law he should resign ....... or failing that - be sacked.

IF this proves a 'witch hunt' promoted by leaked stories and he didn't break the law, then there is no reason for him to resign.

On a side note - the continual leaks coming from various people in authority needs to be sorted out.  If you hold an official position, then whatever your personal thoughts and feelings - you should do your job without leaking.  If your personal thoughts and feelings are in conflict with your role - then you need to change jobs.  No one can work effectively like that.

Edited by JohnfromUK

5 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Very probably they were. But what's your point? His motive for going has absolutely zilch to do with Downing Street conniving in the breakdown of the lockdown and then being party to an agreement to actively and deliberately mislead the country. That he got in his car and drove isn't the issue anymore.

Perhaps because they knew he did nothing unlawful and there would be plenty of dimwits waiting to vilify him for it if they openly announced it.

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

IF he broke the law he should resign ....... or failing that - be sacked.

He broke no Law he simply didn`t follow a guideline.

Edited by sportsbob

5 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

Perhaps because they knew he did nothing unlawful and there would be plenty of dimwits waiting to vilify him for it if they openly announced it.

is the CORRECT answer!

Another complete non-story!

3 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

IF that is the case - then in my view he (and Johnson) are free to do as they wish - i.e. if he wants to stay on - he should do so if Johnson agrees.  I have to admit I'm not clear on where 'guidance' ends and 'law' begins as Parliament did pass so emergency legislation (which enables the ability to fine etc.).

I can't say that doing what he apparently did it shows good judgement, but if both he and his wife were ill, then I guess your judgement isn't at its best (and so neither would be your ability to 'work from home' or drive 250 miles).  It is all a bit 'murky'.

39 minutes ago, henry d said:

So should we all disregard the guidelines?

Would it not be how we interpreted  the guidelines  , all laws are never clear cut , they are up for interpretation  . Those making the laws are covering there own backside by doing it that way . And how lawyers make a great  living 😀