India

henry d

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I wear a mask as a courtesy to others , we barely wore them last lockdown because we didnt have to , and come summer , the plague disappeared for 3 months !

Did I feel protected ? No , but then I've been vaccinated too , but according to the experts , that might not protect us either?

I'm past caring , I want my holiday and I want the occasional pint and a meal. But despite masks , lockdowns ,social distancing and vaccines, we seem to be going further and further down the rabbit hole of stupid.

Question . How come China doesn't have India, Brazil variants ect, no covid deaths , and virtually no infections ?

So if no one else was wearing a mask you might as well have taken yours off if that's how you feel, I know I wouldn't have. 

They've just said on the news that the plans for June could change if the Indian variant kicks off!! 

I doubt people are visiting China,  I doubt China would report if they had any other variations of covid. Look how many people have still been flying into Britain. 

The Army is returning to the Northwest to drive down covid, help with testing. 

Listening to the Northwest news   Yasmin Qureshi MP for south east Bolton was saying Bolton hasn't had enough Government support, many people can't isolate because they won't be paid if they can't work,  so aren't doing tests because they don't want to know if they have it.

That's the rabbit hole,  people returning here and bringing other variations with them,  and apparently many not wanting the vaccine.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't fathum while the country is in house arrest, people are dying and becoming seriously ill, you couldn't go to funerals, or see elderly people in nursing homes, some of which you may never see again, we can't go on holiday and yet they're allowing people to fly in and out of the country, much less those from hotspots or places like India with resistant varients. The borders should be shut, particularly to places like India. 

12 hours ago, Mice! said:

I doubt people are visiting China,  I doubt China would report if they had any other variations of covid. Look how many people have still been flying into Britain.

Do you think  China is some kind of NK style closed country, where no news comes out?

Its an Amber list country, if the FCO thought they were lying about numbers of infections or variants, they would mark it red. 

I don't know of numbers today, but last year, at the height of the pandemic, at least 10 passenger planes a day were landing from China. 

I live in Nottingham, there's a lot of Chinese here, and I talk to Chinese traders regularly, covid is something that happened last year to them. 

12 hours ago, oscarsdad said:

Because they are lying communists and wouldn’t tell the world if they had after unleashing this pandemic on the world. 

Despite the fact I was recently told Boris was responsible for 'murdering' every covid victim in the UK, you believe Chy na did it... Deliberately? 

What do you suggest we do about these murdering communists? 

I mean, is this not germ warfare, WMDs ect? 

It's all a bit blatent isn't it 😂

I do think that people may not play along if they try and milk this Indian variant and delay the removal of restrictions in June.

Cant keep ******* your pants every time they mention a new one, there has always been variants and always will be, its getting very old now.

1 hour ago, Pangolin said:

I do think that people may not play along if they try and milk this Indian variant and delay the removal of restrictions in June.

Cant keep ******* your pants every time they mention a new one, there has always been variants and always will be, its getting very old now.

Agree entirely. Either the vaccine is our way out ( as indeed politicians have stated ) or it isn’t. If the latter then there’s no point having it. 

7 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Spot on. 

On 14/05/2021 at 10:23, henry d said:

Yet he retracted it and apologises for it which you didn't mention.

It’s an old scam:  get the immediate publicity by making the shocking, headline-making statement and retract or apologise later. 
Retractions never gain the same circulation figures and in any case the publicity has already been gained.  Chris Packham does it all the time. 
Just the sort of trick played by the Trot Left…

On 14/05/2021 at 19:16, Mice! said:

Listen to the Northwest news   Yasmin Qureshi MP for south east Bolton was saying Bolton hasn't had enough Government support, many people can't isolate because they won't be paid if they can't work,  so aren't doing tests because they don't want to know if they have it.

Yes. And it's not just there. My wife has to test twice a week (she works in our village school) at neither DHL where I worked from November 2020 to March 2021 unloading cargo planes and subsequent "bond" of any arriving items and also handling diplomatic bags I was never asked to test for covid. I'm also still not being asked to test for covid where I presently work dealing with logistics handling spare parts inspection for a major vehicle motor manufacturer. And I have little doubt at all that as a result of the former that is why in February 2021 I did contract covid most likely whilst working at DHL.

Edited by enfieldspares

On 15/05/2021 at 06:06, 12gauge82 said:

I can't fathum while the country is in house arrest, people are dying and becoming seriously ill, you couldn't go to funerals, or see elderly people in nursing homes, some of which you may never see again, we can't go on holiday and yet they're allowing people to fly in and out of the country, much less those from hotspots or places like India with resistant varients. The borders should be shut, particularly to places like India. 

I agree, in the two weeks before we closed the border with India between five and eight thousand people a day were landing at British Airports from India. The simple question is why?

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The simple question is why?

The whole 'international travel' thing is a mess.

We have different risk areas, all of which require tests do different schedules.  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Green is low risk (similar risk to here as I understand it) and travel there is fairly unrestricted subject to local rules (like masks and distances) both whilst in transit and at the destination in the green area.

Amber is not recommended for any non essential travel and requires quarantining of 10 days on return, but crucially - you can quarantine at home.   I read today that many people are travelling to 'amber areas' to holiday (i.e. discretionary non essential travel) from where they are supposed to quarantine on return - but many have (allegedly) stated that they will not, or cannot afford (despite being able to afford to travel) to quarantine.  Quarantine seems a voluntary exercise in reality.

Red, only essential travel is allowed and only UK/Irish can return - and MUST quarantine in a designated quarantine hotel.

So why are the airports so packed and such huge queues?

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

The whole 'international travel' thing is a mess.

We have different risk areas, all of which require tests do different schedules.  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Green is low risk (similar risk to here as I understand it) and travel there is fairly unrestricted subject to local rules (like masks and distances) both whilst in transit and at the destination in the green area.

Amber is not recommended for any non essential travel and requires quarantining of 10 days on return, but crucially - you can quarantine at home.   I read today that many people are travelling to 'amber areas' to holiday (i.e. discretionary non essential travel) from where they are supposed to quarantine on return - but many have (allegedly) stated that they will not, or cannot afford (despite being able to afford to travel) to quarantine.  Quarantine seems a voluntary exercise in reality.

Red, only essential travel is allowed and only UK/Irish can return - and MUST quarantine in a designated quarantine hotel.

So why are the airports so packed and such huge queues?

I find it quite pathetic so many people feel determined to go to some other country to spend their money lazing around near a beach while there is even a faintest chance of contacting a disease or even just discomfort of any severity: however at least this time round the employees of travel companies aren't holding passengers holidays to ransom in strike actions - yet.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

I find it quite pathetic so many people feel determined to go to some other country to spend their money lazing around near a beach while there is even a faintest chance of contacting a disease or even just discomfort of any severity

I find your narrow view of the world quite pathetic.

These people are visiting family, in many cases elderly relatives, whilst they're still alive.

For lazing round the beach, read kept busy doing jobs trying to keep your parent's house fit for habitation, at the same time trying to spend quality time with them whilst they're still on this planet.

Those of us not privileged enough to have family close by, are really quite miffed at this year we've lost.

As for "faintest chance of contacting a disease", how is that different to the 'before times'?

I guess I shouldn't be too mad at people with your opinion.  A psychologist I heard interviewed recently, pointed out that it appears to be something of a unique human quirk that our monkey brains will obsess about things that are unlikely to kill us (i.e. asteroids, COVID) but will think nothing of doing activities far more likely to kill us (Walking down the stairs, getting in a car...).

5 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I find your narrow view of the world quite pathetic.

These people are visiting family, in many cases elderly relatives, whilst they're still alive.

For lazing round the beach, read kept busy doing jobs trying to keep your parent's house fit for habitation, at the same time trying to spend quality time with them whilst they're still on this planet.

Those of us not privileged enough to have family close by, are really quite miffed at this year we've lost.

As for "faintest chance of contacting a disease", how is that different to the 'before times'?

I guess I shouldn't be too mad at people with your opinion.  A psychologist I heard interviewed recently, pointed out that it appears to be something of a unique human quirk that our monkey brains will obsess about things that are unlikely to kill us (i.e. asteroids, COVID) but will think nothing of doing activities far more likely to kill us (Walking down the stairs, getting in a car...).

You mean all those people queuing up for holiday destinations that were interviewed at airports were visiting long missed relatives?

Pathetically find how you like but if you put your glasses on and read my post again you might fathom I referred to those rushing off to Portugal etc for holidays on beaches etc which is absolutely non essential and supporting the European economic recovery rather than our own.

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

You mean all those people queuing up for holiday destinations that were interviewed at airports were visiting long missed relatives?

At no point did I say that.  Some are. Some aren't.  Why should the former suffer, just because you think the latter shouldn't be allowed to go on holiday?  Why should the latter group even be restricted?  Personal responsibility is a thing, along with testing and quarantining.

9 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

but if you put your glasses on and read my post again you might fathom I referred to those rushing off to Portugal etc for holidays on beaches etc which is absolutely non essential and supporting the European economic recovery rather than our own.

I have re-read it, I suggest you do likewise.  At no point did you refer to 'Portugal etc.' 

Leaving aside for a moment the question of who died and made you arbiter of what constitutes essential travel; This thread is about India and people coming back from there.

By the way, the vast majority are British Nationals - or don't they count because they're brown?

Oh, and Brexit doesn't mean we're suddenly not part of Europe. 

Oh, and, UK holiday places are booked solid by all accounts.  So it would appear that the UK economic recovery is good as it's going to get for the tourist industry.  There is only so much capacity this little island has, so, if it's all right with you, I'll take my holidays elsewhere, when I finally get round to it, but only after I've visited my aged relatives, and travelled abroad for work!

On the radio tonight when I was driving home. Since India was put on the red list a further 110 planes have landed from india. Hopefully all those people will have to go into enforced isolation. But a person being interviewed said the people were still mixing with other passengers going through the passport checks and security inside the actual airport.

A lack of joined up thinking there