Electric Scooters

Vince Green

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use one every day or so as travelling across the city centre it is the quickest form of transport. I stick to the roads as per the rules, but I do occasionally put myself at risk on 8 laners etc hard turning right. I occasionally take a passenger if one of the girls from the office needs a lift. It is £1.80 per journey and just to move my car 8ft during the day would cost me that. 

I tend to zip ahead of the others in traffic but on up hill sections the electric motor just doesn’t have the guts for it so I’m slowly caught. I’m less than 100kg and the uphills are not that steep in Liverpool so no idea how it would cope with a proper Yorkshireman in Sheffield. 

22 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I tend to zip ahead of the others in traffic but on up hill sections the electric motor just doesn’t have the guts for it so I’m slowly caught. I’m less than 100kg and the uphills are not that steep in Liverpool so no idea how it would cope with a proper Yorkshireman in Sheffield. 

Liverpool was where we had a detour recently - parked up at one of the McD near the footie stadiums, seemed to be several flocks of the things zooming around

People seem to hate them but they are great fun. I look forward to them when I go on holiday, they were my main transport in Warsaw and Seville, nipping from tapas bar to tapas bar on warm sunny evenings.

Love them, Britain is too stuffy towards things sometimes.

Edited by Pangolin

17 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

People seem to hate them but they are great fun. I look forward to them when I go on holiday, they were my main transport in Warsaw and Seville, nipping from tapas bar to tapas bar on warm sunny evenings.

Love them, Britain is too stuffy towards things sometimes.

This. 

I don't understand why people are so uptight about others doing something they enjoy.

People moan about us shooters, we can't see the problem. 

We moan about e scooters and cyclists, while they can't see the problem.

Dogs, cats.I could go on and on I could literally list hundreds of examples. If everything was banned what a boring rubbish existence it would be. If we all let people enjoy what they do, even when it causes us minor irritation the country would be a much better place. 

27 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Some people enjoy going to a football match and having a punch-up after, is this OK?

If you look at my entire post you'll see I said even if it causes a minor inconvenience, punching people in the face or worse isn't that,so as we both know that's not comparable, but nice try lol. 

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If you look at my entire post you'll see I said even if it causes a minor inconvenience, punching people in the face or worse isn't that,so as we both know that's not comparable, but nice try lol. 

But they are punching other people who enjoy it, so........

And it's only a minor inconvenience until you are hit by an E scooter.

Ok I'll try another one, people enjoy taking illegal drugs, is that OK?

9 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I have nothing against E-scoots, only thing I object too,  is ‘anything’ other than pedestrians on pavements. 

This  and  also they classify as a motorised bicycle and should be subject to the same rules and regulations like a moped eg tax, insurance, registration, licence and helmet.

9 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I have nothing against E-scoots, only thing I object too,  is ‘anything’ other than pedestrians on pavements. 

Nail. Head.

Frankly, I wouldn't drive in Bristol without a dash-cam these days.  Used to be because (a minority of) cyclists.  But now you can add baked students riding e-scooters to that list.

Sad reality, but I consider it essential to protect my liberty.

1 hour ago, Pangolin said:

they were my main transport in Warsaw and Seville, nipping from tapas bar to tapas bar on warm sunny evenings.

Seville has some incredibly narrow and crowded streets, are the Iberiens just more chilled about this?

30 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Nail. Head.

Frankly, I wouldn't drive in Bristol without a dash-cam these days.  Used to be because (a minority of) cyclists.  But now you can add baked students riding e-scooters to that list.

Sad reality, but I consider it essential to protect my liberty.

Seville has some incredibly narrow and crowded streets, are the Iberiens just more chilled about this?

Just used them to nip around the main streets and to the cathedral etc, when we found a bar we just parked them somewhere sensible and walked to them but nobody had any issues with them being used as far as we could tell.

Got the odd ####ing off the Polish police if you werent being sensible.

Edited by Pangolin

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

But they are punching other people who enjoy it, so........

And it's only a minor inconvenience until you are hit by an E scooter.

Ok I'll try another one, people enjoy taking illegal drugs, is that OK?

Your examples are daft and you could use extreme examples of anything to prove a point, Dunblane for instance. 

E scooters in general are a minor nuisance.