Foot Ball

derbyduck

13 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

They don’t like it up ‘em Fawlty !

Don't you mean Captain Mainwaring.

Fantastic.. well done the girls.  Totally deserved.  The years of hard work and devotion to playing.  The sacrifices.   Proud to be ENGLISH.  Let's hope they all make a ton of money out of it.

11 minutes ago, holloway said:

Loved it ,!,! Even though the ref was awful. 

And she was a Ukraine..woman....we should cut back on the old missiles if this continues

Zelensky will disembowl her when she gets back...............put her on the front line

i gave up watching football years back because of the antics of the grossly overpaid falling to the ground at the slightest touch then rolling half the length of the pitch in supposed agony..i watched the womens final and was pleased to see none of that garbage by the ladies.

Fell down a bit during early part of second half, but otherwise watched it with my wife who has never watched a football match in her life but we thoroughly enjoyed the lionesses games. She says she only needs to know which way they are kicking.

Edited by Good shot?

I had to come offline and away from any media as we had to pause at half time. We ended up watching half hour behind but we'll worth coming back to watch. They deserved the win, Germany were a great opponent and were also a very strong team. A great final. Only thing I'm not a fan of and this is in both men's and women's game is the commentary. And for some reason the crowd didn't sound as booming as a men's game but that's just because I'm so used to watching the men's game 

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and I'm not a football fan usually, the ladies showed how it is done. Played brilliant in the last few minutes holding the ball in the corner, must of been frustrating for the germans.

I do hope the ladies football is refereed properly in the future like rugby is with respect for the refs decision, so its does not end up like the mens football with all the diving and back chat to the ref antics.

It was absolutely cracking. Amazing tense match, couldn't believe the ref, fabulous teamwork, stunning display of depth of strength with the subs being as good as the starters. Shows what decent investment can do. 

The FA have invested a huge amount in the women's game. I keep saying the CPSA should look to the FA for inspiration on revitalising a sport. 

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

I had to come offline and away from any media as we had to pause at half time. We ended up watching half hour behind but we'll worth coming back to watch. They deserved the win, Germany were a great opponent and were also a very strong team. A great final. Only thing I'm not a fan of and this is in both men's and women's game is the commentary. And for some reason the crowd didn't sound as booming as a men's game but that's just because I'm so used to watching the men's game 

The commentary's not been great for the whole tournament. The trouble is a lot of it is far too positive, which is out of kilter with the critical analysis that you get in the men's game. Russo's  back heel was a case in point. Cheeky, inventive and well timed, for sure. But the goal keeper's had a shocker. It's such poor decision making. She tries to go with her hands, then goes with her feet but it's all too late. Any decent goal keeper - men's or women's - would have gone with the legs first time. If she does that, it's a simple save. Too many things are 'unlucky' or 'not quite on the same wavelength' when really they're just a complete waste, or really poor positionally.

As to the crowds, there are a couple of reasons, one obvious, one a bit more sciency! Firstly, men can shout louder. There are far more men at men's games than there are at women's games. Secondly, though women's games are at a very different pitch. they're much higher and shrill than the men's games because the demographics in the crowd aren't the same. But most humans hear the lower registers better, so most people would get a more enriched hearing experience from the men's game, even if the raw numbers in the decibels would say they're equal. 

Edited by chrisjpainter

11 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

As to the crowds, there are a couple of reasons, one obvious, one a bit more sciency! Firstly, men can shout louder. There are far more men at men's games than there are at women's games. Secondly, though women's games are at a very different pitch. they're much higher and shrill than the men's games because the demographics in the crowd aren't the same. But most humans hear the lower registers better, so most people would get a more enriched hearing experience from the men's game, even if the raw numbers in the decibels would say they're equal. 

This is what I put it down too, more younger supporters in the crowd too 

On 02/08/2022 at 00:29, chrisjpainter said:

A lot to like about this England team...

image.png.55ad6e4ac6d18e244546327a05b3617b.png

you wouldn't say that if you seen the pics that are going around and they are real girl on girl selfies locker room showers of Corse they hadn't won then but as usual the skeletons come out of the cupboard ounce you become famous   

41 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

you wouldn't say that if you seen the pics that are going around and they are real girl on girl selfies locker room showers of Corse they hadn't won then but as usual the skeletons come out of the cupboard ounce you become famous   

Any actually show the faces of the team of you mean girl on girl as in adult content?