Here comes Boris

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, I hope not !!!, Tory Politics in this country is at an all time low, and they only have themselves to blame, I am sure most in UK are just so fed up with politics in general , we need a party that puts the country first , has there ever been one since I could vote in 1967, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

It shows the state of the Conservative party if he's considered as a candidate - shown to be an unfit leader once and now he's considered to be the best of a bunch of self centered clowns.

This only shows the priority of this government to put themselves first and sod the rest of the country.

I'm fuming with the whole circus - reports say that one health board could have saved 40 babies by doing a proper job, hungry cold kids in school and htey are more concerned with their own standing!!

35 minutes ago, old'un said:

So is the rest of the country.

Not really, he won in London (twice) and most recently won a 90-odd seat majority in the Commons. 

All the BS around Covid events in No. 10 was a media-generated storm in a teacup and I believe the majority of voters will see it as such. 

8 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Not really, he won in London (twice) and most recently won a 90-odd seat majority in the Commons. 

All the BS around Covid events in No. 10 was a media-generated storm in a teacup and I believe the majority of voters will see it as such. 

The thing that concerns me about Boris is his wife Carrie.

22 minutes ago, old'un said:

The thing that concerns me about Boris is his wife Carrie.

Absolutely,  she clearly has a lot of say in things, and shouldn't have any.

32 minutes ago, Flashman said:

It was a clear witch hunt, probably linked to brexit.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Then who else is there?

1. Rishi Sunak

2. Penny Mordant

3. Ben Wallace

4. Suella Braverman

5. Kemi Badenoch

6. Bradon Lewis

I'd like to give 2 or 3 a chance,  but I see Boris coming back, steadying things and maybe one of the above moving into the job in the future. 

Personally, out of all those who’ve thrown in their caps, none are exciting.  I think the only one I would back is either Penny Mordant or Suella Braverman.
The thing with Boris was he excited people; he is unpredictable, he rocks boats, he is entertaining, aggressive and passionate, and I for one genuinely felt we were going to get somewhere, then the pandemic happened. 
He is also the last thing the Labour Party want.
I may have to change my avatar! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Personally, out of all those who’ve thrown in their caps, none are exciting.  I think the only one I would back is either Penny Mordant or Suella Braverman.
The thing with Boris was he excited people; he is unpredictable, he rocks boats, he is entertaining, aggressive and passionate, and I for one genuinely felt we were going to get somewhere, then the pandemic happened. 

I thought you were actually Nigel Farage. :)

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

how about a Boris ...Farage....pact/coalition.....

sorry im trying to find out if im still dreaming..

The party , the country  NEEDS  a strong leader .he is that man  not perfect by far but with the current world problems we need a leader at the front . His leadership has got more stuff done over the last few years than most prime ministers before him have done combined  .

he should just walk into downing Street on Monday and say right I'm back  .no vote  just take control and get this country back on track toot suite .

Hello, how can anyone take Boris seriously when you lie to the country , while the parties were going on in Number 10 the whole country was in lockdown, people could not visit loved ones in hospital or care homes, family members died with no family there, the NHS struggled to cope, NHS staff died of COVID, I cannot see a credible Tory MP that would put the country top of the agenda rather than looking after the top earners and companies who make billions profit from the vast majority of hard working people on low incomes, but I have said before with Corbyn and his gang had they got in number 10 I dread to think what our country would be like today, 🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how can anyone take Boris seriously when you lie to the country , while the parties were going on in Number 10 the whole country was in lockdown, people could not visit loved ones in hospital or care homes, family members died with no family there, the NHS struggled to cope, NHS staff died of COVID, I cannot see a credible Tory MP that would put the country top of the agenda rather than looking after the top earners and companies who make billions profit from the vast majority of hard working people on low incomes,

Honestly,  that was a witch hunt, plain and simple,  if Boris had been at the pub like Starmer then fair enough. 

8 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

The party , the country  NEEDS  a strong leader .he is that man  not perfect by far but with the current world problems we need a leader at the front . His leadership has got more stuff done over the last few years than most prime ministers before him have done combined  .

he should just walk into downing Street on Monday and say right I'm back  .no vote  just take control and get this country back on track toot suite .

How good would that be 😁😁

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how can anyone take Boris seriously when you lie to the country , while the parties were going on in Number 10 the whole country was in lockdown, people could not visit loved ones in hospital or care homes, family members died with no family there, the NHS struggled to cope, NHS staff died of COVID, I cannot see a credible Tory MP that would put the country top of the agenda rather than looking after the top earners and companies who make billions profit from the vast majority of hard working people on low incomes, but I have said before with Corbyn and his gang had they got in number 10 I dread to think what our country would be like today, 🤔

Apart from the party bit are you saying none of the above would have happened if there was someone else in charge of number 10, if so who?

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how can anyone take Boris seriously when you lie to the country , while the parties were going on in Number 10 the whole country was in lockdown, people could not visit loved ones in hospital or care homes, family members died with no family there, the NHS struggled to cope, NHS staff died of COVID, I cannot see a credible Tory MP that would put the country top of the agenda rather than looking after the top earners and companies who make billions profit from the vast majority of hard working people on low incomes,

How can anyone take any of them seriously, very few of the "professional" politicians care for people, mainly it is themselves and their "business associates" that get serviced first, everyone else is an afterthought.

Boris is not perfect (and in that respect neither was Churchill) but as noted above they are leaders capable of leadership, Sunak, Hunt on Tories, Steamer in Labour etc are all hangers on and grey men much like Major.

If you want a political change, introduce full PR, that will allow people to have a genuine choice and know their vote counts, unlike the vote blue or vote red to keep the others out of first past the post.

3 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

How can anyone take any of them seriously, very few of the "professional" politicians care for people, mainly it is themselves and their "business associates" that get serviced first, everyone else is an afterthought.

Boris is not perfect (and in that respect neither was Churchill) but as noted above they are leaders capable of leadership, Sunak, Hunt on Tories, Steamer in Labour etc are all hangers on and grey men much like Major.

If you want a political change, introduce full PR, that will allow people to have a genuine choice and know their vote counts, unlike the vote blue or vote red to keep the others out of first past the post.

Are you day dreaming again?

Having watched all the episodes of Borgen the excellent Danish political drama. I now consider myself an expert on PR, the whole series was about the party in charge having to appease all the other parties to stay in power,  a mess of double dealing and back stabbing..😄

45 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

The only thing that would improve on that is if he also announced he and Carrie were divorcing.