In the dog house

WalkedUp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

That’s sounds perfect, I normally go out on New Year’s Eve and enjoy the peace. There is a great Bill Shankley quote that goes something like this:

Interviewer: “Bill, is it true that you took your wife to see Rochdale play last week as an anniversary present?”

Shankley: “No, that’s absolute rubbish. Of course I wouldn’t have taken her as an anniversary present. Do you really think I would have got married during the season?”

Interviewer: ...

Shankley: “Of course I wouldn’t. It was her birthday, and anyway it wasn’t Rochdale, it was Rochdale Reserves.” 

Looks great fun 👍👍👍

We actually got married on 1st. March. 
Wife’s idea was to marry on 1st of a month so it would be easy to remember. 
1st Jan. was imminent and she knew I would likely be too busy on 1st. Feb (last day of game season) so 1st. March it was.

45 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Why should a wife be upset by you spending your money??

How much does she waste on make up, shoes etc. 

I would tell her to keep her nose out or get rid of

No wonder divorce is so common. 
Some real loving relationships with some of you.

58 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Why should a wife be upset by you spending your money??

How much does she waste on make up, shoes etc. 

Wow 😯 . Don’t forget when your a couple it’s ( our money) 

please tell me you’re single ??? 

I’ve been with my mrs a year /living with for 8 months . I still check she’s cool with it . 

2 hours ago, London Best said:

We actually got married on 1st. March. 
Wife’s idea was to marry on 1st of a month so it would be easy to remember. 
1st Jan. was imminent and she knew I would likely be too busy on 1st. Feb (last day of game season) so 1st. March it was.

Seems a very practical solution. March is always quiet for me apart from Spring Counts and Pointing Tests. 

5 hours ago, grahamch said:

I don't think that would be the perfect solution in our household and I am all for keeping perfect harmony , I agree it's not always perfect but it is no good pouring petrol on a fire to try and put it out , we both worked hard to pay for our house and everything that is in it and we both retired within a few months of each other , yes I have been shooting for just over 60 years and still do a lot , or as much as my body allow me to do , at one time I would fiddle about after tea and the odd weekend doing some building work to cover my half gun in a working class game shoot and to pay my subs in my local W A , neither of us smoke or drink and we have got a certain amount of money each that we can please ourselves what we do with it and neither of us interfere what we spend our own money on , although we make sure that all the household bills are paid and they have priority.

Our Golden Wedding is just around the corner and I certainly wouldn't think of dumping her if she spent a few bob on clothes ect , she is entitled to that as the same as what little I spend on shooting .

Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year :drinks:

43 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Our Golden Wedding is just around the corner and I certainly wouldn't think of dumping her if she spent a few bob on clothes ect , she is entitled to that as the same as what little I spend on shooting .

Amen 👍

**** **** **** ... I knew I preferred Air Arms! I asked the shop to fill it to 190bar to save my pumping it up at night and waking half the house... just had one last check over before wrapping in the box (that it is unloaded, not cocked, safety is on etc) and spotted that she’s empty. Must have a leak. Going to be a disastrous start having such an expensive paperweight on Christmas Day 🙈

BC869F88-A1DD-4162-8B6A-B98B38DAB1CC.jpeg

19 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Amen 👍

**** **** **** ... I knew I preferred Air Arms! I asked the shop to fill it to 190bar to save my pumping it up at night and waking half the house... just had one last check over before wrapping in the box (that it is unloaded, not cocked, safety is on etc) and spotted that she’s empty. Must have a leak. Going to be a disastrous start having such an expensive paperweight on Christmas Day 🙈

Whoops!!!

26 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Amen 👍

Is it empty though?

Have you tried dry firing it? Sometimes the gauge is nipped up too tightly,  you undo it a small amount and the needle jumps up.

And this thread has jumped around some.

19 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Yes it is empty, it was showing charge last night but none today. I dry fired it once yesterday, seemed full power. I dry fired it again just now and barely anything. 

Feeling rather deflated ... if you excuse the pun 🤣

Unlucky,  just hope it's raining till you can back to the shop 🤣

20 hours ago, team tractor said:

Wow 😯 . Don’t forget when your a couple it’s ( our money) 

please tell me you’re single ??? 

I’ve been with my mrs a year /living with for 8 months . I still check she’s cool with it . 

Yep am very happlily single after wasting 10 years and thousands on a whining, whinging woman........ Got rid of on my birthday a couple or 3 years ago and never looked back. 

Never did the 'its our money bit', split the house hold costs and then the rest was mine/hers to do what we wanted with 

Edited by grahamch

3 hours ago, grahamch said:

Yep am very happlily single after wasting 10 years and thousands on a whining, whinging woman........ Got rid of on my birthday a couple or 3 years ago and never looked back. 

Never did the 'its our money bit', split the house hold costs and then the rest was mine/hers to do what we wanted with 

My wife was the same and stole £45,000 in benefits in my name , I was arrested, locked up , she moved her affair in my house while I was in the cell in a single night . 
totally innocent and proved it with them being thrown out the police . I met several greedy lady’s but after 2 years single I met my mrs and she’s nothing like my wife . Don’t be bitter tho 👍. Hate breeds hate 👍😎
we share the bills but I just feel it’s polite to ask each other before we spend . 

5 hours ago, team tractor said:

I just feel it’s polite to ask each other before we spend . 

Agree, but sometimes it is better to seek forgiveness than ask for permission 🤣

Update, I borrowed an adapter from my BiL this morning (annoyingly my hose wasn’t compatible, I expected this could be the case hence pre-charging). It is a slow leak so we were able to set it up and my middle son was delighted as he got on very well with the rifle. Tin cans, chalk targets, and balloons fell quick victims. His face was a picture and made the brief disharmony well worthwhile. Thank you to the kind PM offers of assistance from PW members too, really appreciate it. Especially knowing how busy everyone is already today. We waited for a squirrel but none was present. A young lad with a Peregrine happened to walk past through the field so I ran out and asked him to show the boys the bird. He was lovely and kindly obliged. As he was dogless I offered to work my dog with the boys to point game (dry run due to Christmas and Sunday). We joined him for an impromptu Christmas Day Hunt. Fantastic. Dog produced a pair of mallard, two pheasant from point and a woodcock. Brilliant blue sky and warm sunshine. He put on a display with the bird getting to 500ft and tearing past us at eye level for the lure. The dog watched intently too. Very memorable Christmas. 

Gun is back on empty, I’m going to have arms like a gorilla by the New Year 🤣

2 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Update, I borrowed an adapter from my BiL this morning (annoyingly my hose wasn’t compatible, I expected this could be the case hence pre-charging). It is a slow leak so we were able to set it up and my middle son was delighted as he got on very well with the rifle. Tin cans, chalk targets, and balloons fell quick victims. His face was a picture and made the brief disharmony well worthwhile. Thank you to the kind PM offers of assistance from PW members too, really appreciate it. Especially knowing how busy everyone is already today. We waited for a squirrel but none was present. A young lad with a Peregrine happened to walk past through the field so I ran out and asked him to show the boys the bird. He was lovely and kindly obliged. As he was dogless I offered to work my dog with the boys to point game (dry run due to Christmas and Sunday). We joined him for an impromptu Christmas Day Hunt. Fantastic. Dog produced a pair of mallard, two pheasant from point and a woodcock. Brilliant blue sky and warm sunshine. He put on a display with the bird getting to 500ft and tearing past us at eye level for the lure. The dog watched intently too. Very memorable Christmas. 

Sounds like a great day to me 👍

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

A Christmas you will all remember! Possessions may come and go - memories for you and family will stay with you for many years !

season’s greetings from the Agriv8 clan.

On 23/12/2022 at 23:30, WalkedUp said:

I’m in big trouble with my wife, I sold my ShotKam to fund a mini air rifle for my sons for Christmas. I went to Cheshire Gunroom to pick up the Snowpeak PP750 (pistol with extendable stock that they can use as a rifle). Feeling it in the flesh I just didn’t love it. Didn’t gel with the Kral NP-03 either. I was resigned to leaving  empty handed when the salesman suggested looking at the BSA JSR Ultra. What a beautiful miniature gun, I was instantly smitten.

My wife is livid with me being so irresponsible with money. Surely the joy I’ll get from seeing them knock down squirrels and magpies is surely worth the marital disharmony?t

Be positive Christmas  is over and you are still in trouble, but tomorrow is another day and you will have done something else wrong then.