BASC Calendar

B725

Has anyone got the 2023 BASC calendar, I've just opened mine and some wise person at BASC has changed the format the old one had a full line for each day now it has a tiny square for each day just small enough not to be able to write owt on it it's the last one I will have unless it goes back to how it was. Just so you can see how small.

20221231_123834.jpg

Edited by B725

Just now, B725 said:

That's kind of you but we do have another one, I've always had one from BASC but this is plain rubbish. 

Always good to have a back up plan when something goes horribly wrong.

I wonder what the BASC people responsible thought a paper calendar would be used for?

10 hours ago, harkom said:

Hmmm??? Perhaps a picture of BSAC committee would make a better group check?

I don’t think that the British Sub Aqua Club would be particularly amused, but I do agree that the reduced size and format does not make it particularly fit for purpose. Haven’t found the 2023 error yet but 2022 was the wrong date for the clocks going back and the year before had two 31sts in one month. So much for proof reading before sending out to the printers. I was most disappointed so won’t be bothering next time.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

On 31/12/2022 at 12:36, B725 said:

Has anyone got the 2023 BASC calendar, I've just opened mine and some wise person at BASC has changed the format the old one had a full line for each day now it has a tiny square for each day just small enough not to be able to write owt on it it's the last one I will have unless it goes back to how it was. Just so you can see how small.

20221231_123834.jpg

Sums them up nicely.

Used to be not any more they lost me a number of years back when my mate applied for a 243 as sometimes where he used to shoot.  a few deer would cross the land and sometimes get stuck in the fences he even supplied a letter off land owner stating  this 

He was turned down FAO said there was no Deer there this was in Hereford cut a long story short he phoned BASK as he had been a member for over 20 yrs 

BASC phoned Gwent Firearms Department FAO said no Deer on that land  BASK phoned him back and said looks like you are up against it and that was that 

Needless to say he didn't rejoin following year neither did i 

This thread is up there with "The BASC tie is rubbish and not as good as the WAGBI tie" thread as a shining example of why PW is losing its value as a shooting resource.

By all means, have a go at BASC on the stuff that matters; viz proposed lead bans or WJ's latest lawyer-wealth-generation programme. 

But how anyone has the energy to take some inconsequential nonsense like a calendar and see it as in any way indicative of anything within the publishing organisation is truly beyond me. 

My guess is the route cause of this particular issue, is that the printer BASC usually works with, offered them a price for a run of their standard size calendars, and someone in the office, likely born this century and thus uses their phone/outlook as a calendar, sent them some pictures and thought no more about it.

I think you have missed the point, we purchase one each year as we use a paper calendar every day and it helps support BASC if only in a small way. It doesn't matter if it costs £10 or £100 it still should be fit for purpose and this is just plain rubbish. 

25 minutes ago, B725 said:

I think you have missed the point, we purchase one each year as we use a paper calendar every day and it helps support BASC if only in a small way. It doesn't matter if it costs £10 or £100 it still should be fit for purpose and this is just plain rubbish. 

Well said that man :good:

I normally purchase 2 calendars, one for myself and one to give to my shooting pal as a bit of a gift at Christmas. I was positively embarrassed to give him this pile of rubbish this year.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy